Level Limit on Raids

I would like the ability to limit player level and/or character levels on raids.

I am trying to help our low level guild members level up, and announce that in the chat, but of course some Level 85 with fully upgraded 7-star team comes along and wipes out the Tier 3 Pit raid, either because they are new to the guild and didn’t see the rules in chat (because chat is awful and messages disappear too fast) or they’re just greedy jerks. I don’t have time to keep track of players to kick them after so many rule violations, so being able to limit a Tier 3 raid to, for example, up to 4-star characters and/or up to Level 50 players would be a great way to help out our newbie guild members (and make the game more fun for new players!)

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Discord.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Relana wrote: »
    I would like the ability to limit player level and/or character levels on raids.

I am trying to help our low level guild members level up, and announce that in the chat, but of course some Level 85 with fully upgraded 7-star team comes along and wipes out the Tier 3 Pit raid, either because they are new to the guild and didn’t see the rules in chat (because chat is awful and messages disappear too fast) or they’re just greedy jerks. I don’t have time to keep track of players to kick them after so many rule violations, so being able to limit a Tier 3 raid to, for example, up to 4-star characters and/or up to Level 50 players would be a great way to help out our newbie guild members (and make the game more fun for new players!)

Welcome to management.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Also, locking out your best players is a great way to kill a guild.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I don't understand why a lvl 85 player with "fully upgraded 7-star teams" would stay in a guild that's doing tier 3 of the Pit... even if they are actually greedy jerks, as you suggest they might be, then they'd be way better off joining a guild that runs Heroic Pit and getting 50th place every time.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Also, locking out your best players is a great way to kill a guild.

We do run high level Pit Raids AND there are Sith and Tank Raids for high level players. So it’s not like high level players don’t get anything (I’m one of them). I like to rotate in some low level Pit raids so that our low level players can actually, you know, play the game. Except greedy jerks jump in and finish the raid before others even have a chance to start it.

Low level players not even getting a chance to do any raids is a great way to drive people away from the game.
  • I don't understand why a lvl 85 player with "fully upgraded 7-star teams" would stay in a guild that's doing tier 3 of the Pit... even if they are actually greedy jerks, as you suggest they might be, then they'd be way better off joining a guild that runs Heroic Pit and getting 50th place every time.

That is a question I ask myself often. The guild description says we are casual and newbie friendly. Our Discord says the same thing and explains the raid rules (except they don’t sign up in Discord). I’d be happy with just being able to add a message to raids explaining our guild rules.