Speed Modifications through leader and unique abilites

I have a Shaak Ti lead with Rex, Fives, Echo, and Arc Trooper. Shaak Ti's leader ability and Rex's unique ability both grant all the clones a speed boost. Which ability grants the speed boost first, Shaak Ti's leader ability or Rex's unique ability.

Replies

• I dont really see why that would matter, dont they both get applied in the end?
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    In this case it actually would matter since one is multiplicative and the other is additive. If X is the speed in question, (X+35)*1.16 is going to always be larger than 1.16X+35. Assuming both abilities are maxed, 4 members of the 501st (although it doesn't change the fact that the first will always be larger than the second for the purposes of this game), etc etc.
  • I dont really see why that would matter, dont they both get applied in the end?

I should have mentioned this before, Rex’s ability grants a speed boost based on a percentage, 4% for every 501st member present at the beginning of battle, while Shaak Ti’s leader ability grants all clone troopers +35 speed
  • VinhSolo wrote: »
    I dont really see why that would matter, dont they both get applied in the end?

I should have mentioned this before, Rex’s ability grants a speed boost based on a percentage, 4% for every 501st member present at the beginning of battle, while Shaak Ti’s leader ability grants all clone troopers +35 speed

oh okay i see, i imagine it would use the leader first, then consider specials
  • Could be wrong but I believe they are applied at the same time at the start of the battle based on the entry stats .
    So if rex has 200 speed he gets 35 from shaak and aahis 20% for all 501st = 40 speed giving him 275 .

I would prefer if it was (200+35)*1.2 = 282
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Could be wrong but I believe they are applied at the same time at the start of the battle based on the entry stats .
    So if rex has 200 speed he gets 35 from shaak and aahis 20% for all 501st = 40 speed giving him 275 .

That’s what I’m thinking, except the maximum in this team would be 16% since Shaak Ti is not a 501st member. Also all of the 501st get a 16% boost, not just Rex so it’s pretty good

Trying to figure out who goes first can matter a lot. The order of operations could impact that.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Most likely any percentage bonuses are tallied and then applied to the toon's base stats and then any flat bonuses are applied on top of that.
  • VinhSolo wrote: »
    Treeburner wrote: »
    Could be wrong but I believe they are applied at the same time at the start of the battle based on the entry stats .

That’s what I’m thinking, except the maximum in this team would be 16% since Shaak Ti is not a 501st member. Also all of the 501st get a 16% boost, not just Rex so it’s pretty good

Yeah I know how it works . I run the shaak 501st in arena .
    It was an example. If you want send your stats for the team and I can do the exact maths for you.