Let's talk about some real gear grind relief.

2Next

Replies

• Shrug. Add stun guns to the mix of any payout that can reward stun cuffs.
    Done and dusted.
    A slight, but noticeable boost.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Make MK. 5 Droid Callers farmable and I'll be happy.

• Let’s not
    -CG
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »

Doesn't help if you're farming kyro. Or finishers. Or stun guns. Or....

You get the point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

You get the point.

It does help if you need only 2 pieces to complete a piece and none of the other stores have them. Giving players the option of farming them when needed is not asking that much. Yes, there are numerous other pieces of gear that need to be farmed, but the fact is they can be farmed while the droid callers can't.
  • TVF wrote: »
    The most common sub-G12 gates are guns, cuffs, carbs, and eyeballs. I've been thinking about a realistic approach to these gates. We all want more stuff, but gear economy is a thing, and the game should still reward spending, managing, or both.

(The following generally ignores crystal purchases and focuses on primary/reliable sources of obtaining)

Guns - Because GET is not realistically an option any more, and because they were removed from the fleet tables, shard shop is the only semi-reliable source. Recommendation: Add to guild store at same cost as raid gear such as droid callers.

Cuffs - Consistently available in guild shop for a reasonable rate, shows up in shard shop, plus another 10 or so a week from TW (our guild wins both and gets 20). Recommendation: No change.

Carbs - Consistently available in guild shop for a reasonable rate, shows up in shard shop, plus another 80 or so a week from challenges and TW. Recommendation: No change.

Challenge Eyeballs - 50 or so a week from challenges. Also purchasable from shops but is competing with guns, carbs, cuffs, etc. Recommendation: Add back in to tank/sith loot boxes, and boost drop rate to match carbs in challenge.

Hollow Eyeballs - Purchasable from shops. At first glance I was thinking maybe they should be more obtainable, but they are very cheap to buy with crystals vs most other gear. Recommendation: No change.

Guns from GET is a temporary problem only while still farming GAS/Malak. After that the problem goes away again. At least until the next toon that comes around requiring GET. (I'd love to be done with my neg/mal farms to see what GET2 does to my currently very painful g12 piece farming).

Challenge eyeballs seem to be a "depends on your current gearing" focus problem. I had in excess of 2000 quite a while back. I got to 0 when pushing toons from g11 to g12. Now that I'm pushing selected g12 to g13/r7 I'm back up to over 600 challenge eyeballs. So I don't think these are actually a problem in general. (Carbanti's are the same - I have a decent stash of these now too because of what I'm focused on gearing - 400 something).
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

You get the point.

It does help if you need only 2 pieces to complete a piece and none of the other stores have them. Giving players the option of farming them when needed is not asking that much. Yes, there are numerous other pieces of gear that need to be farmed, but the fact is they can be farmed while the droid callers can't.

If you need 2 you can buy 5 or 10 in the guild store.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Fanatic wrote: »
    The most common sub-G12 gates are guns, cuffs, carbs, and eyeballs. I've been thinking about a realistic approach to these gates. We all want more stuff, but gear economy is a thing, and the game should still reward spending, managing, or both.

(The following generally ignores crystal purchases and focuses on primary/reliable sources of obtaining)

Guns - Because GET is not realistically an option any more, and because they were removed from the fleet tables, shard shop is the only semi-reliable source. Recommendation: Add to guild store at same cost as raid gear such as droid callers.

Cuffs - Consistently available in guild shop for a reasonable rate, shows up in shard shop, plus another 10 or so a week from TW (our guild wins both and gets 20). Recommendation: No change.

Carbs - Consistently available in guild shop for a reasonable rate, shows up in shard shop, plus another 80 or so a week from challenges and TW. Recommendation: No change.

Challenge Eyeballs - 50 or so a week from challenges. Also purchasable from shops but is competing with guns, carbs, cuffs, etc. Recommendation: Add back in to tank/sith loot boxes, and boost drop rate to match carbs in challenge.

Hollow Eyeballs - Purchasable from shops. At first glance I was thinking maybe they should be more obtainable, but they are very cheap to buy with crystals vs most other gear. Recommendation: No change.

Guns from GET is a temporary problem only while still farming GAS/Malak. After that the problem goes away again. At least until the next toon that comes around requiring GET.

So it...doesn't go away, then?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• HK22
    645 posts Member

You get the point.

If you read the statement completely, I said and none of the other stores have them. The droid callers are not always in the guild store or the shard shop. Additionally, these statements assume that the players have the currency available at the time to make those purchases when every player plays the game differently and may not have the currency/crystals needed to refresh the store or buy them from weekly shipments. Making one of the only non-farmable pieces of gear in the game farmable provides players that need that specific piece with the opportunity to farm it. Yes, players will have to choose between droid callers and any other piece of high value gears, but that is the game that we play.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

You get the point.

If you read the statement completely, I said and none of the other stores have them. The droid callers are not always in the guild store or the shard shop. Additionally, these statements assume that the players have the currency available at the time to make those purchases when every player plays the game differently and may not have the currency/crystals needed to refresh the store or buy them from weekly shipments. Making one of the only non-farmable pieces of gear in the game farmable provides players that need that specific piece with the opportunity to farm it. Yes, players will have to choose between droid callers and any other piece of high value gears, but that is the game that we play.

They have to choose anyway, by not spending all their currency, and by either refreshing the shop or waiting. I don't see the problem with droid callers.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

Guns from GET is a temporary problem only while still farming GAS/Malak. After that the problem goes away again. At least until the next toon that comes around requiring GET.

Oh? What new toon is about to be added to the GET store? I must have missed the announcement.

• Fanatic wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

Oh? What new toon is about to be added to the GET store? I must have missed the announcement.

No, but it's not a terrible idea to build up a stash of the 68,000 or so GET1 before farming guns again, just in case.
  • Fanatic wrote: »

The point is that now that EC characters are established as 5* unlocks, the smart move is to always be sitting on enough to take one straight to 7*. Which, unless they go a very long time without releasing any, means you basically can't spend GET1 on gear.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Adding a spot in the Guild Store and/or Shard Shop that alternated between Mk 5 Stun Guns and Mk 3 Stun Cuffs would mitigate most of my gear issues. I don't expect more 'free gear', but due to the vagaries of RNG and not being awake for every refresh I can sometimes go days without being able to purchase either in the Shard Shop.

Even if the Stun Guns were priced similarly to Droid Callers or Security Scanners in the Guild Store, it'd be a lot more manageable.

It has gotten so bad that nearly every character on my roster is waiting for a stun gun. Often when I get one, I already have 4-5 of the pieces needed for the next gear level without even planning for it. I've started gearing characters, like Embo, who don't need guns at lower levels.

The game has become very stale as a result. There are no new characters to farm, and no decisions to make. Every store and table has become a mono-farm. I understand the need to gate progression, but at least try to hide a bit better.

• TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Stun cuffs share two spots in the guild store with carbs and holo projectors, and all three are frequently available as a result.
  • These are what you should be converting into relics.

Oh, I do, but, as I said, I'm a 9 mo player.

How many Relics you think I have? LOL
    Stun cuffs share two spots in the guild store with carbs and holo projectors, and all three are frequently available as a result.

Right, but I have to use the Guild Store for unfarmable gear like Nubians and Droid Callers. Perhaps my post wasn't clear - I meant have a spot in Shard Store that alternates between Cuffs and Guns and/or add Guns to Guild Store. I chose Cuffs mainly because they are the second most commonly needed piece.

Now that I think about it more, it is mainly the Shard Store that needs adjusting, as I can go days without anything useful. I would presume many other end game players are in the same place. Having Stun Guns in there at least once a day translates to about one full piece a week (assuming you have the Carbantis). It would still take years to clear the G8-11 crunch.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    In my post I recommended adding guns to the guild store, at the same price as raid gear.
  • How about adding an extra Tier to the TAC gear challenge and make it reward MK5 stun gun salvage like the carbanti MK3 challenege

Yeah completely spot on with this, fully agree with what your saying here
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited January 2020

The point is that now that EC characters are established as 5* unlocks, the smart move is to always be sitting on enough to take one straight to 7*. Which, unless they go a very long time without releasing any, means you basically can't spend GET1 on gear.

But then it is still only a temporary problem. It will take an extra few months to get 68k GET stashed, but after that you are free to spend it again.

Unless of course you think they will release 2 at once, then you should stash 140k, or 3 at once and stash 210k, or 4 at once... the point is, eventually (unless they release characters requiring GET at a high cadence) you will have enough GET that you can safely spend it.

• Seriously @TVF solid post and proposal just a more solid go for guns with minor to no changes for everything else makes perfect fair and a good compromise between the devs economy and the players of all stripes hopefully the devs will read this and actually start thinking about this and use it as a road forward
  • A little recognition for adding Hyena to a really good gear node. Thanks!