Alternate to Phoenix for F2P new player...

I don’t think F2P beginners can remotely catch up Hyperdrive Bundle players using the standard approach —> They need to target Anti-Meta endgame teams (ideally low zeta requirements) and still have enough to cover Heists, Events and Fleet...

Darkside Teams
  • First Order - starter team, new characters incoming, SHIPs and Unlocks BB8 (GG nuke)
  • BHs - Boba, IG88, Cad Bane - For Heists and all 3 have SHIPs
  • Tarkin for Executrix

Lightside Team
  • Clones and GR - Multiple Lightside ships, recent reworks and Jedi to help unlock GMY

Guild - Join a guild doing HAAT as soon as you have 7* character —> GK shards

STEP 2
  • Separatists - More Ships, Geos and Droids —> Unlock Padme
  • Farm GG, Shaak Ti and T3.

This gives Shaak Ti + Clones, Padme + GR Jedi, Geos, GG Droids, First Order and BHunters
With plenty of ships and an option to run GG nuke team or Padme in Arena.

What do you think?

Replies

• GR Jedi I’d suggest —> Ahsoka, Plo Koon, Mace and JC (ships) and JKA once available —> GMY unlock
  • Either go for jedi team (Bastila, Ezra, Ahsoka, Kanan, +1) and later fo Yoda
    Or separatists (Dooku, IG-100, Asajj, geos) and with them for Padme
  • I'd say just keep trucking away at Phoenix it will eventually unlock GMY and Palp the traditional way. There's no quick way to "catch up" to people who purchased that bundle in your shard if you're a new player. There's just too many extra things they're getting, (shards, mats, gear, node unlocks, etc...) If you try a shortcut method, you'll just end up having to eventually circle back to get things you're missing, which will put you behind all over again. I think the best thing to do is not fall into "I have to catch up!" trap when you're F2P. You'll likely just stress yourself out.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Phoenix is needed 100% don’t skip it...

I’m consistently on the meta blade and because I skipped them originally I’m farming them and the ships now as my last piece needed for Thrawns ship with will be part of the new toon release.
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Foxer wrote: »
    Phoenix is needed 100% don’t skip it...

I’m consistently on the meta blade and because I skipped them originally I’m farming them and the ships now as my last piece needed for Thrawns ship with will be part of the new toon release.

I disagree, Phoenix/Empire unlocks —> EP, Thrawn, CLS, R2 and leads to GMY and Chimaera. None of this is bad....BUT

Clones/GR and Sep/FOrder might well unlock less Legendary BUT they are accessible early on and lead to much more current and useful teams
    • Padme + GR Jedi —> will also unlock GMY
    • Clones + eventually Shaak Ti
    • GG + Sep droids. With the option of a nuke team if you do FOrder
    • FOrder
    • Geo’s
    Assuming you also cover a few BHs and Tarkin then you have, plenty of meta-ships. Can do all the Ship Challenges and Heists.
    You have at least 1 team that can solo HAAT
    You have a team capable (eventually)of soloing most of HSTR (Clones)

I think the route I suggested in the original post = a quicker route to a mix of viable Darkside and Lightside teams with Arena and Raid viability —> at the cost of losing older Legendary characters.