Sorry Phipps

Replies

• Of course I say that earlier and both Predian and Calvo both attack me this evening in my reward hour. Calvo did so just minutes before the rewards were awarded!

6pm EST is my award time too. I had to get from 12 with like ten minutes to go.
  • I am in central. I had battles up to claim number 1, it was at about 5:20 my time. At least yours only dropped me from #1 to #2. Maybe somehow you got switched to my time. Calvo attacked me minutes before hand, I fought back and to claim #1, he attacked me again.

I say lets all work together. Since I am one hour behind you guys I try to follow behind y'all at the end of yours, it helps to keep someone attacking you behind. It's all good, it just Calvo being fiesty. I try to get up there early so there is no sniping involved. Maybe he is in my time zone now.
    Empire Relic
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Once I am done with east coast 6 pm I never fight till after west coast is done. I assume my team is trash on defense as I drop more now each day then I use too. I basically have to use a refresh on to get top 5. Although that's because I am certain defense AI got a buff sometime in past week or 2.
    HRS is 7* in 2 days. Han will be 7 star in a week and I'm going to sub him for poggle and see how that works out as well.

Once we get inside top 5 I attack Calvo majority of the time since he doesn't chat on forum, is a whale, and NEVER changes his lineup even though he has every toon.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    If leia would become farmable I already have 4 almost 5 rebels max gear, star and ability.

Rebel teams would instantly become relevant.

No reason for them not to release her, whales hardly use her.

As for now HRS and Han are the only 2 useful in non rebel squads, the rest are too slow without AA and his specials are bugged and team is too weak.

This has been known for months still no fix. Ugh
  • Insufferable_camper
    682 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I wait till after Pacific time is over too. There is a chance Calvo is in my time zone now with him attacking me twice around awards time.

I think having Han will make a big difference, I will start him soon as I am almost finished with Ackbar. My Leia is only 3 stars, so not ready for arena.

Tomorrow will be my last time to play for a week, y'all should watch how far I drop in order to gauge how it will be when you go on vacation. I have been saving up crystals so hopefully I can get back to the top ten soon when I get back from the Caribbean.
    Empire Relic
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    when I fight after 6est it's to try new lineups. I don't pay attention to the time. I will try harder to be more considerate.
  • @Predian , like I said, it's all good, I like to try new line-ups after hours too. Calvo seems to be the main antagonist.

Also, I see you have been working on Ima-gun Di. How do you find him to be? I have been slowly farming him just for the syringes so I am curious to see how he does.
    Empire Relic
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    He's not ready. At 5 stars he dies too quickly and easily and doesn't do any damage. I need another forever to get him to 6.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    @Phipps @LordAlvert @Insufferable_camper

Can one of you tell me what a fight against my current setup looks like? Trying to decide if I'm better off with Leia or Dooku instead of one of 86 or aayla. I refuse to use GS.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    @Predian
    Let you know next time we are inside top 5 for our payout and I fight your squad.

I'm certain dodge and other AI buffs have taken effect lately....stuns, counters, revives. Something is up, everything RNG related seems increased
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Thank you
  • @Phipps "I wish they would do like random weekly bans of toons from arena."
    That is one of the best ideas i have read in the last couple of weeks here. At least for lvl 70 players it would be more fun. Also bored of seeing same team every day again in arena. Would also lead to a different kind of GW matchups. Thumbs up

Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • @Predian your Dooku seems to die a little quicker. That worries me because I am farming him currently.
    Empire Relic
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    @Predian
    Just fought you with 86 in there.
    Won with 4 toons left standing and almost 100% health.
    Fight started off with perfect RNG for you as well. QGJ humbling blow calls Aayla which then calls Rey. Poggle gone. From there my Sid and GS take out Rey and from there my squad did its thing.

I don't think 86 and dooku are any good for arena...IMO. Dooku is worthless unless his lighting stuns someone. If it doesn't he basically becomes a wasted spot. 86 is so slow he's going to get 1 turn at best, if his special doesn't crit and assist kill a toon it basically makes him worthless as well. Not sure if you've farmed 88 but I think he's way better than 86. His special cripples a team if he can get it off. I haven't farmed any droids so this is all just coming from playing against them.

• Predian
    615 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    My 88 is 4 star. Maybe I'll go with the princess then. Her gear is just so **** frustrating.

Thank you @Phipps
  • I'm curious how my team does on defence, I'm pretty sure it's crap because I can drop down into the 50s some nights.
  • Anyone wanna comment on my new line up? I'm rolling qgj,yoda,anakin and soon ashoka w her buff. Not sure about fifth between: daka, lower star RG, lumi... I finally got anakin to 7 star and rolling him out there today... I know you guys are my competion but I try to avoid you guys and hit the others when I can. And none of you guys are at my payout and I definitely don't hit you near yours...
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    My anakin is still a bit away, but I intend to use Ashoka to replace Dooku in my current lineup (QGJ, Yoda, Aayla, Rey). I just find it much more 5 to have five fairly offense-oriented characters than to have a balance. For now, I'm going to not use tanks or healers...until I can't win on offense.

Anyway - I'm jealous of your anakin.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    @Predian
    Almost had you today with that last second battle. I had it on auto and won with 3 toons left needed about 10-15 more seconds. Datt must of fought you and lost and let time run out as he was locked out too. Actions of all your toons take forever.
    Fwiw I think ahsoka is still weak. Played about 4 matches against her today, still think she hits weak and she isn't a top priority to take out.
  • Datt
    23 posts Member
    i think Predian was attacking me as I was locked for a long time at the end. I was nervous it was 6 attacking up.

How is the new Ashoka? The changes sound interesting
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    I held a fight with Datt until about 90 seconds to payout.

I am enjoying Ashoka because I can use her as my teams healer and she hits hard enough with her special when needed. I could make a tougher defensive lineup with Royal guard and obi wan and folks like that but they are boring to use. I like offense and I like Jedi/sith types.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    With my current lineup, I have won all my fights on offense with 5 toons standing. Some of that is luck.
  • @Phipps - mixing things up, what do you think? And Daka or EE?
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Super jealous of your EE, now with Chirpa being farmable I am going hard on all the Ewoks. Refreshing EE and Scouts nodes once per day. Once level 80 comes with extra nodes for them both it should only take 2-3 months to 7* those 2.

EE is interesting as I didn't know who or how to kill first. I ended up killing Rey and EE after his first turn so he couldn't revive her.

I think barriss is a wasted spot, can't remember your exact line up did you have RG in there as he would help greatly. Maybe dooku or lumi leader to add in dodge.

Lumi
    RG
    EE
    Rey
    Daka

Just not sure if Rey and lumi can put out all the damage needed. Would be crazy RNG though with all the stuns heals and revives
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    What is wrong with all the people in our shard that continually fight when it's not there payout time.....more importantly it's no ones payout time, so now we are all just wasting crystals over and over each day to fight back into the top payout spots for our time zone. Are these people literally that clueless?
  • Kelthuzad
    343 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Phipps wrote: »
    What is wrong with all the people in our shard that continually fight when it's not there payout time.....more importantly it's no ones payout time, so now we are all just wasting crystals over and over each day to fight back into the top payout spots for our time zone. Are these people literally that clueless?

9pm here and i still have 4 fights remaining. Will do 1 or 2 testfights later on and maybe 1 or 2 fights to find a nice place at night. It´s like party the whole day on our server. Already met guys from Australia, USA and Ireland - though most of us fight UTC+1. At least 4 different reward times i already know on our server.
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Calvo, Datt, Predian, and myself are all USA est. use to be easy to go top 5 with no refreshes. Now it feels like everyone just sits in arena all day burning refreshes to keep playing matches. If I use refresh right before payout and have extra matches I burn them before reset when time zone is over the pacific and it's no ones payout.

• Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    ....a Lannister always pays his debts
  • The purpose of Barris was the huge single target heal for big red. Also giving more hit points to the squashy elder. Now I'm retooling again. Elder needs another star before he's ready to go I think. And I love Ashoka.
  • Predian wrote: »
    The purpose of Barris was the huge single target heal for big red. Also giving more hit points to the squashy elder. Now I'm retooling again. Elder needs another star before he's ready to go I think. And I love Ashoka.

I love Ashoka too! Good damage with the heal. Heal always feels like a wasted turn. Often wonder do I heal my three guys or finish off a guy in red... Look at turn meter. **** wrong decision. Ashoka takes that away!!

I woke up this am to the pleasant surprise of @Predian s new team. Ewok Elder! Barriss leading! RG! Dang Rey... Dang Daka... I fought you twice this am cause I just was bored for a different team. I beat you both times... But I SCREWED UP both fights... The first was a legit fight. I was confused where to start. So I went for Rey. I hit her with ani and yoda. She went yellow. RG activated. I was like oh no I am dead. QGJ got a very lucky debuff to remove RG taunt one turn. I finished off Rey with my squads attacks. EE did his thing. And low and behold Rey was back 5 v 5. Uggg!!!! You were hitting me hard in the meantime w Rey and getting my guys to red by I used Ashokas and Lumis heal to survive it all in a timely fashion. I pounded Rey again killed her, then pounded RG, then EE, then Barriss. I was like who is left? **** Daka!! She heals. No body resuscitated tho. Thank goodness.

From 1st I attacked again. Second time I ripped things by starting on 5 star EE getting one hit by QGJ w assist after a yoda foresight primary. I then went after Rey and she hit but no kills just red lines. I killed RG after failed taunt. Healed then killed rey then daka. the daka then bariss. Fun battles. If you get more RNG daka luck... I feel like daka's revive active is messed up...