Saddest moment in the saga (Movies and TV series)?

Replies

• C3PO: "I'm taking one last look at my friends."
    I know he got his memory back almost right away, but in that moment it was pretty sad.

Yeah, he should have at least lost a couple years worth of memory or something just to make that actually more impactful.
  • Kanan's death and especially when Ezra saw it happen again thinking he could change it was rough. Chewie reacting to Leia's death hurt. Ben Solo getting the short end of the stick and being the one to die ****. Ahsoka leaving the Jedi REALLY hurt, especially because it put into perspective why Anakin was so mad at the council for not making him a Master.
  • Ephran wrote: »
    C3PO: "I'm taking one last look at my friends."
    I know he got his memory back almost right away, but in that moment it was pretty sad.

Yeah, he should have at least lost a couple years worth of memory or something just to make that actually more impactful.

Yeah. Doing something that changes your story, or characters, or their world forever in some meaningful way, then immediately undoing it takes all the emotion out of not just that moment, but everything that follows. When Chewie died they undid it. When 3PO got erased they undid it. When Kylo died the first time they undid it. By the end the only thing I felt was jerked around. Not to mention all the times characters practically looked dead at the audience and said, “hey remember what happened last movie? Pretend that didn’t happen.”
  • The release of The Last Jedi. Hands down, by far.
  • Ephran wrote: »
    C3PO: "I'm taking one last look at my friends."

Disney won't have a sacrifice like that. They will come back from the dead or some dumb thing that completely negates what the character died for.
  • Anytime an actor tried to deliver a line of dialog in the PT. Can't watch any of it without getting choked up.
  • To pick one: Anakin’s fall to the dark side in general.
  • As mentioned above, when Ahsoka fights with Darth Vader and learns that he is Anakin.
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Disney ruining Star Wars with the sequal trilogy.

Ok boomer

Can’t handle that newer generations get their own version of Star Wars eh?

Hey you young whippersnappers got TCW and Rebels Cartoon series which were both great. Not sure why you wan't a crappy movie version of SW.

Gen X out ....(off to make money and support you lazy kids and that massive boomer generation jacking up our health care costs with all their pill needs).
  • Mesune wrote: »
    Kanan Jarrus'es death. Man, I forbid my 8 years old daughter to watch her favorite show last season (i.e SW Rebels season 4), because of it.

I'd agree on this. That last season of Rebels was superb and that scene was heart wrenching.
  • Chewies reaction to Leia's death in ros hit home for me

This. This also got me, too.

It got me as well. Not so much because of the movie, but more because of real life.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Kenobi's reaction when he learns Anakin has fallen and killed all the younglings. So well done by Ewan.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
    Chewie's reaction to Leia's death.

2. Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order. Feels like one of the final straws for Anakin

Honestly, Ben's death. I really liked the character of Kylo/Ben and wich we could get more.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    The release of The Last Jedi. Hands down, by far.

200.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I had forgotten one that I really didn't like... KOTOR, when Darth Revan makes Zaalbar kill Mission Vao, who believed DR (aka you) really hadn't fallen.
    That one was sad, it was a betrayal both from you and from her best friend.

Aw man! SPOILERS!!! I hadn't gotten there yet, got stuck on Manaan.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    jaq8ywa7zrs8.gif
    They didn’t even get to say anything!! This really hurts :'(

Jedis are evil
  • Yep, dark side Luke. Who trained him to do that?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Yep, dark side Luke. Who trained him to do that?

Obviously he learned it in his long weekend with Yoda. Every skill Luke learned was earned through hard work and definitely not just given to him for the plot, that is strictly a ST thing :eyeroll:
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I had forgotten one that I really didn't like... KOTOR, when Darth Revan makes Zaalbar kill Mission Vao, who believed DR (aka you) really hadn't fallen.
    That one was sad, it was a betrayal both from you and from her best friend.

Aw man! SPOILERS!!! I hadn't gotten there yet, got stuck on Manaan.

I don't think you need to say "spoiler alert" on something almost 20 years old 🤔but my apologies
  • TigerSpirit1917
    174 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    jaq8ywa7zrs8.gif

Jedis are evil

What about him killing the rancor who was just looking for a meal?

ef9ajjh5cqhk.gif
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Luke trying to kill Ben Solo - that was the death of Luke Skywalker and he became Jake Skywalker.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    jaq8ywa7zrs8.gif

Jedis are evil

What about him killing the rancor who was just looking for a meal?

ef9ajjh5cqhk.gif

He just ate a big fat pig - he killed a greedy Rancor.
  • Savage Oppress' Death. He was made into a monster against his will.
  • AnnaGrace
    15 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    1. “You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.”
    Ben’s death
    . I’m a Reylo and it (that event) killed me.
    We got redeemed Ben solo for literally less than 10 minutes. They killed off all the Skywalkers, the whole bloodline. Rey literally lost her soulmate in the Force. It was devastating.
    Had to turn to fanfic for a better ending.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    https://images.app.goo.gl/ma18Jv9APuoW1vqy5

Nata’s buddy coming over to check if he’s ok, realizes he’s dead and slumps over and let’s out a moan...
  • Order 66 Clone Wars was awesome yet sad at the same time. Rex Shooting at Snips and then talking about his brothers and Snips takes his helmet off, single tear... Hit me in the feels.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    the horrific and unnecessarily racist voices in the prequels.

but if I had to pick an actual moment, when luke (SPOILER ALERT) maims wampa. Look how they massacred my boy.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Saddest moment was the sequel trilogy.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Rose Tico screen time in :
    - Episode 8 : 10 minutes and 53 seconds
    - Episode 9: 1 minute, 16 seconds
This discussion has been closed.