Republic Offensive or Hoth?

2Next

Replies

• Keydash1 wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    How is just deploying and showing no progress on missions different?

I get my GET2, they notice its still not possible

I agree that failed missions is a better metric than skipped missions, if the goal is to get them to retune. But skipping still sends a message.
    NicWester wrote: »
    Refusing to participate sends the message “Make it easier.” Which is a valid message, but not exactly an actionable one. <snip>

You’re asking them to fix it but then not telling them what “it” is that needs to be fixed and helping to ensure that when the revised and retuned version comes out that it won’t meet your expectations because you didn’t bother to tell them what your expectations even are.

The message I'd like to send is that releasing new content that is unplayable is not acceptable. What they've released is about as much fun as adding a button which says "if everyone in your guild hits this button 4 times in 6 days, we dispense 4000 tokens". But actually it's worse than that, because they cut a playable TB, cut Wat farming in half, drastically reduced get2 income, and just for fun, give your roster a kick in the nuts.

This TB would be 100 times better if folks could clear a few combat waves. They could even have higher point thresholds so the rewards were the same as we're getting now.

It's tough to send CG a specific message when we tell them in their Q&A that the combat is ridiculous and unfun, and their response is git gud and we'll only think of changing it if enough people quit.

Many in my guild cleared tb missions and I believe everyone cleared at least 1 phase. Yes, we move mods and focus strategy but it is doable. We're estimating 14-16 stars.

This is end game content tuned for r7 with 6e mods.
  • 248M guild here. We'll be doing LS Geo, as painful as it is. GET2 currency is simply too valuable. We are also hoping that gear rewards are somewhat decent even at low stars, but not holding our breath.
  • 220M GP guild, vote is currently split among members.
    Some want GET1, some are willing to feel the pain for GET2. Morale took a MAJOR blow during LS Geo, as we can see since vote is so evenly split.

I feel this whole conversation wouldn't be happening if CG had adjusted the difficulty.
    Ideally:
    P1: G12 squads with decent mods could reliably clear 3/4 waves for top meta squads and 1/4 for lesser squads like NS
    P2: 2/4 reliably with G12, 3/4 with relics but need the top well modded squads
  • Just the fact that this topic exists and 220M+ guilds are going to do Hoth is a testament how much CG failed with the LS GeoTB
  • Max participation in hoth gets about 12,100 GET1; seems like a better deal than what amounts to 15 negotiator/malevolence shards.
  • 174M - We were concerned about morale after the last one, so we're doing Hoth this time then voting on the path forward afterwards. I predict the majority will vote to go back to Geo after we destroy Hoth.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Plus, how can they get metrics if people refuse to participate?

People refusing to participate IS a metric. The worst part of LSGeo is that it is unfun and demoralizing. It's worthwhile that CG learns that matters to its players.

Our vote is split right now, with Hoth holding a slight edge. We really want get2, but really hate that TB. It comes down to whether you care more about get2 and developing your roster, or having fun (even smashing face on auto is some fun).

If we do stay with Hoth, we'll go back to geo next time and probably stay there. I voted geo, but I'm willing to lose a half month of progress for guild morale. I am not however willing to make that sacrifice every month indefinitely.

Refusing to participate is a metric inasmuch a dumb metric is still, technically, a metric.

Refusing to participate sends the message “Make it easier.” Which is a valid message, but not exactly an actionable one. How much easier? For whom? What number of stars should people expect at what guild gp levels? Are a couple mobs overperforming or are all of them overperforming? If the difficulty goes down then what are the appropriate rewards for the newer, easier event?

You’re asking them to fix it but then not telling them what “it” is that needs to be fixed and helping to ensure that when the revised and retuned version comes out that it won’t meet your expectations because you didn’t bother to tell them what your expectations even are.

Ok, here are a few actual expectations:

1. It’s much tougher than geo DS, which is fine and what we should want/need from the game. If it was too easy it would be boring.

2. With a g13 team I should be challenged and need to concentrate to complete all 4 waves in phase one

3. Phase two will need my teams to have relics but I can complete them dependent on RNG.

4. Phase three needs all teams to be relic 5 and RNG dependent.

5. Final phase all teams relic 7

That’s pretty clear and what I would expect from end game content. It will take even the whale guilds a while to build up to that level. Don’t think that’s unrealistic or making it easy. Trouble is CG have made it boring and pointless, just deploy and go home at the moment.
  • Matti359 wrote: »
    Just the fact that this topic exists and 220M+ guilds are going to do Hoth is a testament how much CG failed with the LS GeoTB

Or how petulant those 220m+ guilds are. They could almost certainly get 10 stars just by deployment alone.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I have been reading all these post . I don’t understand why light geo is so important? All it is really good for is get 2 and that’s only good for ships .. plus you get some gear for g13 but not a lot . me personally I need malak to 7 stars and gas to 7 stars .. so doing hoth will get me there twice as quick .. someone please tell me why get 2 is so important?? Because I’m really considering leaving my guild over this and I don’t want to cause I really like my guild ..
    Bon fortuna
  • 215mil GP.
    LS geo.
    12 stars.
  • 180m guild
    we did ls geo and got 9* just with deploying

Was it fun? Well, at least not that much time consuming like the DS Geo is with its 20min+ battles :D

Personally i think the rewards for just 10 seconds time every 36h were fine :p
    But i don't believe it wasn't intentional by CG that the players just deploy their troops instead of playing this long developed part of the game. The (emotional) roi for the devs must be very devastating :/
  • @Apoiuygvbhuytfdresdg

Its really a debate on what your guild wants and where other people are in their progression. If alot of the members in your guild already have Malak and have hoarded for GAS, there is really no point in doing the Hoth raids. Those people are more interested in the ships (negotiator and malevolence) in order to get them maxed out. There's really no right or wrong answer to this, its more of an issue of where you are in the game and/or how you have managed your resources. If they hoarded and you spent, its probably best to take a step back. If you are all in the same boat......well, I have no clue why you are doing LS Geo.

For perspective. We are a 225mil guild but have chosen to run 3 LS Hoth to build up our GET. The rewards are basically the same except for the GET1/GET2 and Hoth gives you roughly a 2.5/1 conversion. Our goal is to give everyone a chance to build up now and tackle LS Geo after CG releases whatever upgrade they are going to release (remember DS GEO before G13 and relics?)

<before I get railed for saying the rewards are basically the same, please consider the ROLO shards for G12 gear crystal difference for farming Relic Mats).

Your only other option would be to leave your guild during a LS GEO and find a LS Hoth. You may even be able to find someone willing to swap with you making it a win/win for all involved. Ask your guild if anyone is involved in a shard chat and try to find a swap there.
  • Thanks !! I will do that
    Bon fortuna
  • NicWester wrote: »
    It’s tempting to pout and throw a fit, it probably even feels good. But it’s not helping anyone. You’re cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Lol pout and throw a fit? How about this is a video game and I don’t choose to spend my time playing video games that aren’t fun.

I swear, you people talk about this game like it’s your job...