Phoenix - hybrid? Improvements?

Phoenix is a useful beginner team but even at high gear + zetas can get stomped in Arena, TWar and GAC (e.g. by Wampa)

—> Is there a lineup that uses a Phoenix “core” but can defend against the usual counters?
(A bit like FOrder & Barriss)

Replies

• My, probably useless, suggestion:
    zHera, zKanan, zZeb + Chirrut & Baze?
  • Phoenix squad was specifically designed to work together and balanced to be a beginner squad. You can plug'nplay some Phoenix toons in other Rebel/Jedi squads but plugging other Rebels into Phoenix doesn't really work so well because they don't benefit from Hera's lead and the Phoenix unique sharing.

Chaze is probably about as good of a plug-in as you'll find but you can most likely get better use from them under a different Rebel lead.

Most people just bench Phoenix as they gain GP and power up other squads.
  • Benching phoenix is the go to. Sucks if you invested more then g8 into them minus ezra. Maybe one day they will add old rex or something to make them better
  • You could try something like Hera/Kanan/Ezra/Chop/Wat. Wat makes most teams better.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Just leave them behind. Sinking a bunch of zetas into them might get you a tiny bit more mileage, but they'll still get absolutely stomped by the vast majority of teams. The resources are just better spent elsewhere. Plus you can still use a few of them (Ezra, Sabine, Chopper, possibly Kanan or Zeb) on Rebel, Jedi or Droid teams. I've heard Chopper actually works decently with JTR also, though I've never tried it myself.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    You could try something like Hera/Kanan/Ezra/Chop/Wat. Wat makes most teams better.

But Wat is better used making better teams better.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I am working up my rebel ships so I don't resources in them, but all resources to Ezra 1st
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I am working up my rebel ships so I don't resources in them, but all resources to Ezra 1st

I’ve been meaning to take Chopper, Sabine and Zeb up to G11 for AGES for their ships.... G11 gets the most “value” for ships.
    Ezra, Kanan i had geared up during Bastila lead era.
  • I am working up my rebel ships so I don't resources in them, but all resources to Ezra 1st

I’ve been meaning to take Chopper, Sabine and Zeb up to G11 for AGES for their ships.... G11 gets the most “value” for ships.
    Ezra, Kanan i had geared up during Bastila lead era.

Ya, I enjoy wiping out fleets offensively in TW, so my backup fleets I want to make a bit beefier.
  • TVF wrote: »
    You could try something like Hera/Kanan/Ezra/Chop/Wat. Wat makes most teams better.

Yes, but that wasn't the question. He wanted to know about making Phoenix better, not other teams. I didn't say it was practical.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Yes, but that wasn't the question. He wanted to know about making Phoenix better, not other teams. I didn't say it was practical.

I guess I prefer practical answers. Sometimes the practical answer is "no."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Baby_Yoda
    1435 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Yeah ezras great for Jedi

The rest cam stay in the bin

Besides Kanan if you need a Jedi squad of third / fourth stringers