JKR counter on new server

Hi. Just came back to the game and decided to start over and buy the hyperdrive bundle. I would guess that around 50 players did the same and almost 10 players have also whaled there way to unlock Jedi Knight Revan. For me the hyperdrive was already a bit much so to go on spending is not an option. What do you guys think that I should aim fore? I have started my way towards unlocking Padme and to get JKA and Ashoka to 7*. Is this a good path if I one day would like to finish in the top of Squad Arena? Yesterday I finished #20 and #10 In fleet, if you have tips for the ships I would gladly take them to! Right now I work on the ships for Boba Fett, Ig88 and the blue guy from the Clone Wars...

Thanks alot!

Replies

• Whale harder?
  • Honnestly, you won’t win this race to the top. By the time you build your future team, they’ll have collected more than enough crystals to move to even stronger team.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    Honnestly, you won’t win this race to the top. By the time you build your future team, they’ll have collected more than enough crystals to move to even stronger team.

The more time spent in a shard the more able you are to get to the top.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Yes, Padme + GR will be a good option to counter JKR and later also DR teams. That team will be viable for a long time if you collect the full team.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Ships:
    Hound's Tooth will be valuable in any of the current viable teams in mid-to-end game. Geos, rebels, separatists and republic fleets all include Hound's Tooth.
    If you farm all 4 BH ships, you will be able to unlock HMF - probably your strongest option until you can unlock Negotiator or Malevolence.
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Ships —> a few options actually —> The standard = Rebel fleet and chase MFalc then pivot to Negotiator. You could also go straight for GR ships and use Mace initially.
    BUT the following 2 are also very viable:

1) Executrix - Geo Trio with Reinforcing Gauntlet ideally (to clear debuffs and recover), stand in = Scimitar (Protection up/Retribution on Sun Fac, Stealths the others) + Slave 1 + Tie Advanced

2) Sith Fleet also can beat the meta but you need Sith Marauder, Sith Assassin and their ships! As well as Vader + ship, Scimitar and EPs shuttle.
  • Go hard on padme. It can reliably beat all current metas and my guess is it will do decently against future ones. Power creep on the galactic legends remains to be seen however
  • Plenty of Separatists farmable at lower level for a mashup squad to at least unlock Padme. I would recommend a Nute lead.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Plenty of Separatists farmable at lower level for a mashup squad to at least unlock Padme. I would recommend a Nute lead.

zNute leading zJango is nasty.