Ship Arena RNG - max ships no Skill required

Since maxing my Negotiator including characters mirror matches are now just completely RNG depending on who capital ship goes first for offence will determine the win, so just as I start enjoying ships again with some diversity to find yet more frustration.

This also requires little investment in the supporting ships, for example a Bossk G12 vs G13 Relic 7 hounds tooth makes zero difference to the battle if your capital ship goes second....

What a waste of time upgrading ships, Capital ship dictates the outcome, another broken meta...

Wanted to share so those looking to invest in ship arena don't waste your time and money on Hounds Tooth as this is pure RNG.....

Replies

• Not to mention if JKA’s debuffs land or not.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • As someone who has almost always had the slowest Negotiator at the top of my shard but still get 1st every day (I'm still running 5* with R5 GK vs 6/7* with R7 GK), I assure you that tactics (ie exploiting poor AI strategy) can overcome speed.
  • Maybe if you used some skill, you could control what the opposing capital ship does if it does happen to go first, and thus, take control of the match. Just a thought.
  • Weird. Even if my opponent uses his aoe before mine, I still win 95% of the time.
  • Use a different capital ship then .

Ships is in its best place for years, the top ranks are fairly diverse compared to before negotiator and malevolence came out.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Weird. Even if my opponent uses his aoe before mine, I still win 95% of the time.

Same.

As long as either one (ideally both) of two debuffs readily available in the first few turns of a Negotiator mirror match are on the opposing JKA, I have very few issues winning even if I go second.
  • just get better OP tbh

literally 5* negotiators counter 7* full relic teams with the right strategy as said above. its really not that hard
  • Nadebotfm wrote: »
    with the right strategy as said above.

I'd like to know more about this strategy, as it was alluded to but not explicitly stated.
    Also I would agree (from another thread) that fleet is in a better place than it was before.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Nadebotfm wrote: »
    with the right strategy as said above.

I'd like to know more about this strategy, as it was alluded to but not explicitly stated.
    Also I would agree (from another thread) that fleet is in a better place than it was before.

youtube Negotiator mirror matches. Operation metaverse has a vid on it and a couple of others. I take 1st in fleet everyday with a 5* against 7*.

you could easily stop Negotiator at 6* and move on the Malevolence if you wanted to IMO. Arguably you couls stop at 5* but with 6* it would take out some of the RNG