Geonosian Mods

What're the best mod sets for geonosians? I was thinking health since they share a health pool but I'm not sure.

Replies

• Read Geo Soldier’s kit - as much Crit chance as possible for him.
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    crit dmg /chance for geo spy, crit /hp for brood alpha and health /speed for others in general I think, maybe some potency on poggle for those ability blocks

i agree with these but poggle doesnt need potency only geo soldier does really. he can apply tenacity down thus making any other debuff way easier.
    for sun fac hp/protections with some defense can also be good since he will tank some shots

(dont be afraid to give brood some crit avoidence or defense too, granted speed, hp, and crit is good, you also dont want him to die as easy, he is the main target)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Crit chance for GS to take more turns (higher chance of bonus TM). Speed on GBA too.
  • Olderaan
    179 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    The Alpha and Poggle have mass cleanse ability (dispel all debuff), so very important them to avoid ability block (eg. from Badstila or Vader) So these 2 units must have high tenacity and speed for quick cleaning all allies.
  • In the opposite case when you attack them you have to block the Alpha and Poggle first (if you operate debuff based team such as Palpatine).
  • Gba Speed/Tenacity
    Spy crit damage / crit chance
    Soldier crit damage / crit chance
    Sun fac speed / health
    Poggle speed / potency
  • facf6v02n8f5.png

How well does this work for Acklay mission?
  • Auto.
    I still manually target which toons etc
  • I do run high speed
    Gba 299 R7
    Spy 267 R6
    Sun fac 248 R5
    Soldier 283 R5
    Poggle 294 R4
  • I do run high speed
    Gba 299 R7
    Spy 267 R6
    Sun fac 248 R5
    Soldier 283 R5
    Poggle 294 R4

Thanks. My guild has been looking for some guidelines to go by.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Adamklark wrote: »
    crit dmg /chance for geo spy, crit /hp for brood alpha and health /speed for others in general I think, maybe some potency on poggle for those ability blocks

i agree with these but poggle doesnt need potency only geo soldier does really. he can apply tenacity down thus making any other debuff way easier.
    for sun fac hp/protections with some defense can also be good since he will tank some shots

(dont be afraid to give brood some crit avoidence or defense too, granted speed, hp, and crit is good, you also dont want him to die as easy, he is the main target)

Geo soldier does not need potency. Ten down cannot be resisted.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

i can be very easily wrong but doesnt it still run throught the potency/tenacity check to be applied the first time? im mostly certain ive seen the debuff not land before
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

i can be very easily wrong but doesnt it still run throught the potency/tenacity check to be applied the first time? im mostly certain ive seen the debuff not land before

Nope. Tenacity down always applies. What's the point otherwise? :P
  • The only time you need to mod Poggle for potency is if you're using Geos against a team that can either start or grant itself Tenacity Up.

The T-Up and T-Down will cancel each other and then you're left with the normal P/T check, so having high potency on Poggle helps there.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

You'd need to show a video. The mechanics on gg indicate it's irresistible.

Anecdotally, I don't remember it ever being resisted, even in DS Geo TB.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Tenacity down has always been irresistible.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Tenacity down has always been irresistible.

good to know
  • Budgernaut
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Re Poggle and potency: Anecdotal evidence, but I used to really struggle with applying ability block in the Wat mission, even after tenacity down was applied. I remodded my Poggle for potency (91.33%) and now I get those aoe-blocking ability blocks much more reliably. If you're too casual to switch mods between game modes, high potency seems to help.

EDIT: Sorry for bumping. I forgot we were in 2021 so when I saw Jan 2020 on the date, I thought it was still relatively recent.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Haha I did the same, even wondering how I posted four days from now previously.
  • Budgernaut wrote: »
    Re Poggle and potency: Anecdotal evidence, but I used to really struggle with applying ability block in the Wat mission, even after tenacity down was applied. I remodded my Poggle for potency (91.33%) and now I get those aoe-blocking ability blocks much more reliably. If you're too casual to switch mods between game modes, high potency seems to help.

EDIT: Sorry for bumping. I forgot we were in 2021 so when I saw Jan 2020 on the date, I thought it was still relatively recent.

Glad you did 😁. This actually helps.
  • As i look through gba’s kit, why health? The way i understand it there’s not any difference between health & protection, right?
  • He shares his health with Brute, 50% to be exact. His protection has no bearing on Brute's protection.
  • flux_rono wrote: »

GC vs OR maybe? In the modifier
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • That, or in STR where they're all immune to Tenacity Down. Nothing but specific coding prevents Tenacity Down. Or an evade.
  • As i look through gba’s kit, why health? The way i understand it there’s not any difference between health & protection, right?

I think on a really high relic GBA health primaries could become interesting since they might outperform protection primaries thx to GBA's increase in health with every relic level.
    But since I can only advise to not go crazy on Geos (lower relic on GBA and Spy are sufficient) protection primaries is the way.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Although it’s a Necro’d thread, thought I’d jump in:

Defense mod sets with protection primaries, at relic levels, give more eHP than any other combination on the vast majority of toons. Yes, Brute shares health and not protection with Alpha, but he also shares defense.

If you want to use Geos on defense AND avoid the ubiquitous Traya counter, your GBA will need to outspeed Sion, so try to get above 280 speed.... which is definitely difficult.

As stated earlier, because of their mass cleanses, you also want tenacity on GBA and Poggle