501st Echo and Ark Trooper who to relic 7 first (January 2020)

Arc and echo are both amazing characters, however I’m not sure who to relic to 7 first. Who, out of the two does the most damage in both PvP and Raids at relic 7.

Are the best mods for both offense? I’ve read that echo should have crit damage (CD) and I’ve seen the video where the 501st clear hSTR with both echo and arc moded with offense.....

Any suggestions on how to make the most of these two? Mods and relics.

Replies

• Ok so your best bet for both is as much offence as possible . offence set for both . offence primary on cross and triangle for arc as the turret does not crit .
    echo I used the same but crit dam on triangle but have an arrow mod with offence primary and 20+ speed secondary.
    Both run full offence set with 2 of the healthiest % offence secondaries health mods where possible . If I had 2 god like crit chance mods like my health's ones I would swap .
    The reasoning behind going all offence with echo instead of CD was that it can be hard to actually get a crit on malak with his stacking crit avoidance same with Jolee's unique.

Relic them both to 7 ,but I would do arc first as the omega on echos basic is not working as intended and they said it will be changed so take that info as you wish .
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I've heard contradicting information on whether to mod Arc for crit or for offense. Some say summons are kind like ships where they only care for what the power is, others that they scale so you should get the stat up.

I would also do Arc first. Echo hits more often, but I think a g10 Arc hits just as hard as a g12 Echo, so I think with both r7 Arc is probably the harder hitter. Also under Shaak Echo already heals more so you want Arc to be tougher
  • HK666 wrote: »
    I've heard contradicting information on whether to mod Arc for crit or for offense. Some say summons are kind like ships where they only care for what the power is, others that they scale so you should get the stat up.

I would also do Arc first. Echo hits more often, but I think a g10 Arc hits just as hard as a g12 Echo, so I think with both r7 Arc is probably the harder hitter. Also under Shaak Echo already heals more so you want Arc to be tougher

The turret only cares about his offense, as it is the turrets only stat. Plus, the turret cannot crit, meaning it is generally better to go all offense on ARC.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    HK666 wrote: »

The turret only cares about his offense, as it is the turrets only stat. Plus, the turret cannot crit, meaning it is generally better to go all offense on ARC.

Ya it’s hard to conflict with that isn’t it ? Turret can’t crit hit , and the turret hits more than arc does. Seems like offence 100%
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I've heard that, but I've also heard that the turrent's offense is just based off arc GP, regardless of what Arc's actual offense is.

Heard the same of GBA
  • From December 4th, 2019 Q and A in the Mechanics/Balance section:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/220196/developer-q-a-12-04/p1

"Q: Is the ARC Trooper’s Turret’s damage based solely on his Gear/Relic level, or does it look at his stats like Offense? I ask because this might affect how I choose to Mod him (Offense or Critical Damage Primary on Triangle for example)
    A: CG_Miller - Summoned units stats scale off the summoner, the only thing the turret cares about is ARC Trooper's offense."
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ARC can't use the turret in raids, if that helps, op
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Arc Trooper just hits insanely hard even without the turret. I went Arc to r7 first with Echo at r5 and I don't regret it one bit. As for mods I went crit damage set on Echo with offense secondaries and pure offense on Arc Trooper. However if you are using Arc in raids just switch the triangle over to crit damage and you'll be in good shape since the turret won't be there.

Someone mentioned going with offense on Echo since it is hard to critically hit Malak and that's not necessarily wrong, but are you only attacking Malak with this team? If so, sure, that's reasonable. But for an overall better loadout crit damage is a better option.
  • Defiantly ARC because he summons the turret to attack also.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    ARC can't use the turret in raids, if that helps, op

Yup. Its worthwhile to have a Crit Dam Triangle you can switch in for raids.
  • The thing that matter is where you want to use them the most. In PVP, echo is the padme killer. Arc trooper is good to clean padme team buff but he don’t need to be r7 to do that. In GAS or Shaak ti team, echo and arc trooper are your damage dealer and i think you should increase relic equally to both r7.