What are Galactic Legends? [MEGA]

Prev134567
Sunnie1978
2937 posts Moderator
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes,

We’ve announced that the first two Galactic Legends will be Kylo and Rey, but what exactly are Galactic Legends and how do they differ from Legendary, Hero’s Journey, or Epic Confrontation units?

Galactic Legends will be some of the most powerful characters in Galaxy of Heroes and will have several unique mechanics. We want these characters to plug and play into many different teams but also have a specific squad that they are particularly well suited for. For example, Galactic Legend Rey could lead a great Resistance squad due to several abilities that affect Resistance units but could also work well with just about any light side squad as she has abilities that also directly target all Light Side characters.

Part of this relates to how Galactic Legends manipulate the Mastery stat. Introduced with Relics last year, the Mastery stat provides different stat bonuses based on the character’s role and is a core part of how Galactic Legends will be interacting with their squad or their opponent’s. All characters with Relics have Mastery so no matter who you pair up with a Galactic Legend, they will get a boost to their stats. The ability to manipulate Mastery means Galactic Legends will be useful for a variety of teams but you can only have one Galactic Legend per team.

Another unique aspect of Galactic Legends is their Ultimate ability. Similar to a Capital ship, these abilities charge up over the course of battle and allow Galactic Legends to unleash their full power. Each Galactic Legend will have an Ultimate ability that’s visually striking and often strong enough to turn the tide of battle.

That’s the basics for Galactic Legends and we’ll have more to share this week. Thanks for reading and please keep in mind that these details are subject to change as these characters are still in development. See you on the Holotables!

DEV POST

Replies

• LMAO no one cares
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Well, they are going to be an OP toon, that’s a surprise.

Like no one actually saw that coming.

Also, how are they still in development? At the point that they are being plugged as the next thing, shouldn’t they be past the development stage? Or are we as the player base expected to beta test for you again on the live servers?
  • So will you actually try these plug and play characters in say a ....DR, JKR, CLS etc teams to make sure you don't have to change there kits after release?

Or is that the players job now.
  • All I can think of is “Forky Asks a Question” when I read the title.
  • I'll get one the fourth time around maybe. Looking forward to 2022.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    "just communicate! give us info, any info!"
    info
    "rah rah pitchforks"

forums gonna forum
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Looking forward to regular Arena looking like Fleet Arena for the rest of time. Pick 1 of 2 Capital Characters that still only have 1 viable team no matter how they claim to synergize with anyone.

Max boring. Shoulda stuck to making packs and bundles.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    A character that boosts the relic masterys of other characters is definitely an interesting concept and one that could be used for other characters. Maybe rework some older characters like ROLO to where she boosts the mastery of Rebels under her leadership or as a member of Urz's Discord suggested Jabba for Bounty Hunters.

I am wary of ultimate abilities on characters until we have more information on them.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I hope the ultimate abilities remain ultimate when it comes to raid bosses.

Not entirely sure why it’s ok to release plug and play characters as big ticket characters (Wat, GL) as opposed to marquee (Hux) when the argument has always been that testing is hard with plug and play toons

I understand that means these toons are very valuable and attracts players to get them on first pass but since they can synergize with any team we’ll have to see if they end up getting nerfed once the new raid hits
  • Ultra wrote: »
    ..... but since they can synergize with any team we’ll have to see if they end up getting nerfed once the new raid hits

Is there any precedence that leads you to believe there won’t be nerfs post-release?
  • Please the ultimate dont instakill...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    LMAO no one cares

75sITNoaRb6DZkw4EP9k_992005871a8b03fe192753fca50bad44bcb0f357.jpe
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • What they're not saying yet is you're gonna need an entire faction at relic5+ to have a shot at one of these.
  • What they're not saying yet is you're gonna need an entire faction at relic5+ to have a shot at one of these.

Does that really need to be said?

I'd expect this to be even harder than R5 because at least GAS was gated behind the need for GET.

These are 7* unlocks
  • @CG_SBCrumb care to share what will be the price for getting it first time it comes out?
  • Ahh our first look at the newest whale milkers! Good to finally see whats taking up the entire allotment of development time (all 10 hours of it) that could have been dedicated to playable content.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    "just communicate! give us info, any info!"
    info
    "rah rah pitchforks"

forums gonna forum

And have you looked to see if the “pitchfork people” are the same ones who asked for “any info”?

Or is it just easier to lump everyone else together to make your point?
  • Yawn... still in development a month after the movie's release. I really think the shark has been jumped.

How about some NEW PLAYABLE CONTENT????
  • Nice to see new characters coming and that you're communicating it! That being said how have you managed to not say a word about the new raid you said was coming in January? Not in Q n A or Road ahead soooooooo........
  • Nice to see new characters coming and that you're communicating it! That being said how have you managed to not say a word about the new raid you said was coming in January? Not in Q n A or Road ahead soooooooo........

The never said what year. I am betting 2025.

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    I wanna know how they plan on reducing the panic farm when we can almost guarantee that hux, ST, RHF and RHP will be needed, but nowhere near farmable.
  • so January is done... no content still available :/ and every month 3 Characters are no new content... it’s only for generate money :( please CG we need new stuff!!! or more and more will quit with this game - it’s boring as hell since a couple of months
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TorukMakto wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb care to share what will be the price for getting it first time it comes out?
    Price of acquiring the toon always varies depending on the individual account itself. You might have zero resistance farmed, or you have all the resistance at g12, or most of them at g13

Source, please (and thank you)?

IIRC, they stated target date (emphasis mine) was March, was it not?
  • 48ahq6wdapp2.png

That was from the January Q&A so hopefully we're getting the specific requirements announced this week as we're at the end of the month.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    TorukMakto wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb care to share what will be the price for getting it first time it comes out?
    Price of acquiring the toon always varies depending on the individual account itself. You might have zero resistance farmed, or you have all the resistance at g12, or most of them at g13

That’s the real question. Gear or relic recommendations is what we really need.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I wanna know how they plan on reducing the panic farm when we can almost guarantee that hux, ST, RHF and RHP will be needed, but nowhere near farmable.

What in the history of this game makes you think they would reduce a panic farm?

Bundless! There be bundlesss!!
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

What in the history of this game makes you think they would reduce a panic farm?

Read the post two posts above yours.
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Read the post two posts above yours.

And you actually believe that post? lol