What are Galactic Legends? [MEGA]

Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I wanna know how they plan on reducing the panic farm when we can almost guarantee that hux, ST, RHF and RHP will be needed, but nowhere near farmable.

What in the history of this game makes you think they would reduce a panic farm?

Read the post two posts above yours.

And you actually believe that post? lol

They said it. Like I said, I’m wondering how the are gonna do it.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We want these characters to plug and play into many different teams

So @CG_SBCrumb is this the same "plug and play character" promise as we got with the "plenty of room for theory crafting" General Hux which was then utterly removed within 48-hours because it took players about 10-minutes to theory craft a squad/character mix that CG didn't like?
    Or is this an actual promise from CG that you're going to PROPERLY TEST these characters BEFORE RELEASE, and then once released will stand by your promise of allowing them to be genuinely plug and play with a promise that they will have been tested and as such only nerfed (or changed/tweaked/etc as you'd phrase it!) in case of actual "game affecting bugs" ??

Frankly we've been burned by investing in characters and theory crafting too many times now unless you're going to make a clear guarantee of no non-bug-related post release nerfs!
    So, empty statement or actual guarantee this time?? 🤔

• 48ahq6wdapp2.png

That was from the January Q&A so hopefully we're getting the specific requirements announced this week as we're at the end of the month.

I'd suggest taking a look at the forums tomorrow afternoon :smile:
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    48ahq6wdapp2.png

That was from the January Q&A so hopefully we're getting the specific requirements announced this week as we're at the end of the month.

Let's write a sticky note for it!
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    48ahq6wdapp2.png

Unless you are making all those recent marquees farmable tomorrow, there’s no way you can prevent a panic farm with the cadence and these GL’s being released in March.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I wanna know how they plan on reducing the panic farm when we can almost guarantee that hux, ST, RHF and RHP will be needed, but nowhere near farmable.

What in the history of this game makes you think they would reduce a panic farm?

And you actually believe that post? lol

They said it. Like I said, I’m wondering how the are gonna do it.

I can tell you. They will wait and first release the other marquee FO/Resistance toons and capital ships.

Then the announcement will be something like this:

You need all resistance toons and ships for Rey.
    You need all first order toons and ships for Kylo.
    They all need to be at 22,000 GP to enter the event.

The day the make the announcement, they will slap everything into shipments (not to a node mind you).

Then the week of the actual event they will put all the marquees from shipments to a node.

They will say you didn't need to panic farm because you knew long in advance and had the ability to get the toons from shipments!

Then when people enter the event at 22k they will realize that you really needed more like 28-32k for every toon to actually do anything.
  • Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    Someone actually tagged crumb like he comes on the forums to do anything but fix spelling errors.

Well he just posted a minute ago that even more information about requirements for these events will drop tomorrow...
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Lets wait till we get more details before deciding if its a panic farm or not based on knowing nothing

Things are always subject to change.

The fact we aren't seeing Hux, Sith Trooper, or Fin in shipments yet should tell you something is up. The time line they used to go by. Release for 1 month, then shipments 1 month then farmable.

That puts us way past the end of March....

Search your feelings. You know this to be true. Something is wrong here and you need to be extremely vigilant.

• Ultra wrote: »
    Lets wait till we get more details before deciding if its a panic farm or not based on knowing nothing

Just pondering here. They have painted themselves into a corner with the cadence. If they break the cadence, whales are gonna be rightly upset. If they don’t, we will have a panic farm, which they said they weren’t gonna do. I don’t see a way out for them. It will be interesting to see tomorrow.

If you expect the absolute worst from this company you won't be disappointed.

Not sure how any long time player doesn't know this by now...
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    48ahq6wdapp2.png

Let's write a sticky note for it!

Well done :D
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Just pondering here. They have painted themselves into a corner with the cadence. If they break the cadence, whales are gonna be rightly upset. If they don’t, we will have a panic farm, which they said they weren’t gonna do. I don’t see a way out for them. It will be interesting to see tomorrow.
    They mentioned modifying the cadence about 2 months ago IIRC

Third option is they could just release them with current toons needing higher gear levels. Ergo gear dump into Rose and other unwanted creatures lol. Still money to be made from gear packs n such.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Third option is they could just release them with current toons needing higher gear levels. Ergo gear dump into Rose and other unwanted creatures lol. Still money to be made from gear packs n such.

There’s no way the new toons from the movie are not gonna be needed for the new GL’s from the movie.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

You can expect G13. Period. All the toons needed. Not just some.

Gear packs, a given no matter who.

I thought maybe they might just outright sell the characters but they do that kinda anyway....

So my mind keep wondering, how could they do this....

Then it hit me.

Marvel Strike force release style. Might we see "orbs" with proc chances for marquees?

Maybe they will give us a bunch of nodes to farm them like MSF.

Because honestly I've given a lot of angles a lot of thought on how this goes down at the end of March.... I don't see it happening by then without panic farming.

Time is a funny thing.
  • Will they be leaders?
  • Reptile wrote: »
    Will they be leaders?

They'll be the biggest paywall you've ever seen destroying every team regardless if they are leader or not.
  • Meh, if they're so OP that current characters can't be viable against them I'm just gonna spend awhile sucking because I have 0 interest in getting new trilogy characters regardless of how powerful they are. It'd get me to quit the game sooner than spend to acquire these characters.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    "just communicate! give us info, any info!"
    info
    "rah rah pitchforks"

forums gonna forum

And have you looked to see if the “pitchfork people” are the same ones who asked for “any info”?

Or is it just easier to lump everyone else together to make your point?

it's much easier! lol I refuse to get out pen and paper to keep track of gear, you think I'm going to spend time matching up forum complainers? ain't nobody got time for that.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

Permanent legendary events in the journey guide? I've been able to unlock 3PO and DR at my own pace, which was great. JTR is next. But of course these are older characters.

Permanent legendary events in the journey guide? I've been able to unlock 3PO and DR at my own pace, which was great. JTR is next. But of course these are older characters.

Huh? This has -- those have nothing to do with easing the panic farm for this event. That post was - if I read correctly, specifically pertaining to these new events. Not the old ones.

What you did, was to ease for new players.
  • xcxc wrote: »
    so January is done... no content still available :/ and every month 3 Characters are no new content... it’s only for generate money :( please CG we need new stuff!!! or more and more will quit with this game - it’s boring as hell since a couple of months

New characters actually are new content though. They just aren't a new game mode.
  • BionicGolem
    167 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Let me guess, GL will drop before f2p players event have a chance to farm needed characters or in a week after they are able. Of coruse all 7* and relic 5/6/7 to even try.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited January 2020

Huh? This has -- those have nothing to do with easing the panic farm for this event. That post was - if I read correctly, specifically pertaining to these new events. Not the old ones.

Yeah, but there are quite a few of new players and we'd likely have panic-farmed for some of these events. I panic-farmed for Chewie, HMF and the first Padme event. CG gave up on this source of income when they allowed us to play these older events whenever.

ETA: Many long-term players didn't have to farm anything for GAS except maybe for Shaak Ti. There was some panic-gearing, but the characters and ships had mostly been farmable for quite some time.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

That's pretty much what they did for GAS. And even there they didn't force us to g13 some reject like Ima-Gun Di or Eeth Koth.

Yeah, but there are quite a few of new players and we'd likely have panic-farmed for some of these events. I panic-farmed for Chewie, HMF and the first Padme event. CG gave up on this source of income when they allowed us to play these older events whenever.

ETA: Many long-term players didn't have to farm anything for GAS except maybe for Shaak Ti. There was some panic-gearing, but the characters and ships had mostly been farmable for quite some time.

I see your point. The Journey guide has laid out requirements neatly enough for players to get their hero on their own schedule.
    Being most the events will have cycled through for a year, I agree, putting them in there pretty much shows they've resided to nixing panic farming on those. And new and older players will likely not run into those issues per say.

Just for this event, and I'm not dogging it on CG to make money off such characters and events, but for this event; I'm going to assume they've covered their bases (CG) and have calculated this to be almost hoard proof if not fully hoard proof for the first time.

I'm going to go at this with glass half full and hope they TRULY are going to find a new way to release characters that doesn't invoke panic farming.

And right now, I'm set to believe them because we are WAY off cadence per norm. Let's see.

But I think ... like the saying in life goes "No one's getting out of here alive" No one isn't going to pay something to unlock the first time around.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    These characters are already present in the Journey Guide, unlock Malak or GAS, who still have some time to be added.

Seems to me like that means they are going to be automatically added to the JG, thus available permanently from the start.

If that is indeed the case, would that not mean there's no need to panic farm, aside from wanting to get them asap? Normally, one panic farms because the event is going to be limited, but if GL are gonna be always available, no need to go crazy pants farming.....
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

If you expect the absolute worst from this company you won't be disappointed.

Not sure how any long time player doesn't know this by now...
    I'm always expecting the worst which is why I don't find panic farms to be an issue worth talking about. They have free reign to make the toons farmable on the day of the event itself. Most characters that people would want to acquire are usually panic farms. Its the norm

Now that we have some concrete details, I hope that these quests aren't like the ones we have for outdated quests like rank 1 in Sith Raid, win 10 territory battles, use QGJ in Squad Arena because over time, as meta shifts, or game evolves, its much harder for newer player to complete