What are Galactic Legends? [MEGA]

Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Well, they technically did away with the panic farm for these events by making them constantly open, so they did keep their word. Didn’t see that option coming. Well played.
  • The roll out for these characters is going to take "months"?? Really? The movie will be long forgotten by then.
  • Im not understanding the wording wrong here right? The events will become available and stay available constantly?
  • Im not understanding the wording wrong here right? The events will become available and stay available constantly?

Apparently
  • Looking forward to regular Arena looking like Fleet Arena for the rest of time. Pick 1 of 2 Capital Characters that still only have 1 viable team no matter how they claim to synergize with anyone.

Max boring. Shoulda stuck to making packs and bundles.

Your squad arena has more than 3 teams in it? Must be nice. I still have to wade through all the boring DR (and occasional Padme) fights to get to GS.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    eepikins wrote: »
    The roll out for these characters is going to take "months"?? Really? The movie will be long forgotten by then.

Uhh...

You don't just forget characters after the movie has been been out for 5+ months. Otherwise, what would be the point of them ever making OT characters, or prequel characters that never appear in anything else?

Example, using your logic, we should never see a Mace rework, unless he happens to be in season 7, because people forgot about Clone Wars/prequels....

This is great news! But also means the reqs will be high.
    Getting a whole faction to relic level will be tough. My hope is that there will be an overlap somewhere. Like Resistance Pilot at r7 will help with the res cap ship.

GL REY will hopefully cut through lstb.
  • “ Unlike previous events, Galactic Legends are persistent and will become available as soon as the event is live as long as you’ve met the requirements.”

It appears they will be here to stay, removing the typical way we think of “panic farming”. It will be a panic to get them first or ASAP, but not a panic to get them before the event is over.
  • dogwelder79
    1465 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Im not understanding the wording wrong here right? The events will become available and stay available constantly?

Edit: I hadn't seen the late-night announcement. Looks like you are right.
  • And you are really wondering why you are losing players like me who have given up on this game after 4 years? Really?
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I wanna know how they plan on reducing the panic farm when we can almost guarantee that hux, ST, RHF and RHP will be needed, but nowhere near farmable.

What in the history of this game makes you think they would reduce a panic farm?

Read the post two posts above yours.

And you actually believe that post? lol

They said it. Like I said, I’m wondering how the are gonna do it.

I can tell you. They will wait and first release the other marquee FO/Resistance toons and capital ships.

Then the announcement will be something like this:

You need all resistance toons and ships for Rey.
    You need all first order toons and ships for Kylo.
    They all need to be at 22,000 GP to enter the event.

The day the make the announcement, they will slap everything into shipments (not to a node mind you).

Then the week of the actual event they will put all the marquees from shipments to a node.

They will say you didn't need to panic farm because you knew long in advance and had the ability to get the toons from shipments!

Then when people enter the event at 22k they will realize that you really needed more like 28-32k for every toon to actually do anything.

Don't forget that you will need Rose Tico on R5 as minimum requirement for Rey!
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    xcxc wrote: »
    so January is done... no content still available :/ and every month 3 Characters are no new content... it’s only for generate money :( please CG we need new stuff!!! or more and more will quit with this game - it’s boring as hell since a couple of months

New characters actually are new content though. They just aren't a new game mode.

I can't wait to be able to place GL Rey and Kylo to platoons.
  • For a 4 years player, galactic legend is a very good addition in the game. I need something to chase permanently. Doing everyday the same thing waiting for KAM mission because it’s the only thing matter for me is boring. Galactic legend are design to be a long chase for months for a majority of players. Can’t wait to see this!
  • If I've got the wording right, the event will remain available after the event goes live.

So the panic to farm, gear & relic the characters is eased off as there is no longer a limited time. This would explain why the character release cadence doesn't quite match the event timing; players that want to unlock straight away will buy shipments/packs in advance while FTP players will spend more time farming - so whales will unlock first, FTP later, as it should be.

If I'm correct with my thinking above, then I personally think that this is a better way of releasing legendary characters. Whales will spend to unlock on release whilst lower spenders/FTP can unlock at their pace, rather than panic to unlock within a set time and facing a 3 month wait if you fail.
  • > but you can only have one Galactic Legend per team

God, they're a dyad, they're in love - and they have no synergy whatsoever and ability to play in one team? Such a waste!
  • alikssepia wrote: »
    > but you can only have one Galactic Legend per team

God, they're a dyad, they're in love - and they have no synergy whatsoever and ability to play in one team? Such a waste!

No, Ben and rey are, but kylo and rey aren't. These characters arent as we see them at the end, but most likely Supreme Leader Kylo and Jedi Knight Rey which would explain lack of synergy. Plus these toons are supposed to be crazy powerful, it will be every future GL as well that is limited to one per squad
  • Thanks for all the communication!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    charlyw64 wrote: »
    And you are really wondering why you are losing players like me who have given up on this game after 4 years? Really?

what's the problem? the communication? the release of requirements earlier? that the events will be permanent (afaict)?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Oh, so now your solution for the power creep is SuPeR mOvEs. Is your game designer 12?
  • Great job CG, two characters I don’t care about and they require a g13 and relics on characters the I’ve never bothered to gear. Disney will have sold Star Wars before I bother to mess with these. 😂😂
  • Let me guess, GL will drop before f2p players event have a chance to farm needed characters or in a week after they are able. Of coruse all 7* and relic 5/6/7 to even try.
    still 100% F2P here, still farming up characters/gear level for general skywalker event several months later.

the high relic level requirement just puts these characters out of reach probably atleast a year of dedication for people who do not spend money. i would have to stop farming other characters/ships for other events/raids just for these 2 characters

if anything they should have made it more reasonable and put it on par with the revan/malak/GAS events.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Lol ppl playing for years gonna start feeling the R1-4 scavenger gear crunch soon those stocks just like the goldn eyeball salvage garbage trash we dealin wit now...... by next yr will be easier to finish R5-7 than 1-4
  • Uchinni
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Ok. We understand CG. All F2P players out of the top arena position. We understand.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • Question: What Are Galactic Legends?
    Answer: Whale bait.
  • I’ve been waiting for the day to come that I’d be so annoyed with this game that I would just move on to something else.

Thank You developers....you have made my decision very easy. G13 and relics were additions to this game that no one wanted. It’ll be interesting to see how much money this game makes this year from what was made previous years.

• Well after looking at those requirements and the lifetime of farming and annoyance to come..I'm calling it a day too. Principle of a game to be fun has long gone here, such a shame that amongst the corporate corridors of management that rule 1 has been lost.

Working out my exit strategy with guild lead now so not to leave them in the total lurch but once upcoming events are done I offski to pursue some other game enjoyments which I have an abundance of stacked up on subscription to just waiting to play and enjoy.

Respect to all those guild leads who continue to rally to their cause which is no doubt a thankless task and job on a daily timed basis. For me I'm looking forward life of pure pickup,put down lifestyle of gaming with no time barriers or pay creep and just enjoyment until RL family events deem otherwise.

gm57owibxmwf.jpg

Cheers
  • and even more content for the whales. May the big ones get bigger and the others hang even more behind.
  • Another unique aspect of Galactic Legends is their Ultimate ability. Similar to a Capital ship, these abilities charge up over the course of battle and allow Galactic Legends to unleash their full power. Each Galactic Legend will have an Ultimate ability that’s visually striking and often strong enough to turn the tide of battle.

Darth Nihilus yawns.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    I really hope that these GL’s are the only thing coming in the next three months. Yes, we have two cap ships coming, and “new” assault battles with the only thing new is their HP pool. With the way the first set of requirements rolled out, 90% of us are not gonna be able to play the event until late May/June. So are we gonna have to suffer thru 5 more months of nothing??
  • So, the new content we have planned for the next months is slapping relics on garbage characters? Got it.