Arena Rewards are outdated.

Prev13456
I think arena rewards are desperately outdated. No one needs squad arena currency. Their has not been a refresh to the charactors available in this store for years. Most who finish outside the top 20 just convert the sparrow fart amount of currency into player tokens for the shard shop. New life should be breathed into this reward system. It's old, tired and outdated. We all place enormas emphasis on chasing the meta ploughing thousands of dollars on crystals to get back what exsctly???? A tiny fraction / rebate paid back as our reward and a hand full of next to useless currency? Unless your top 20 the reward is almost pointless. In fact ship rewards are better. Please CG give this reward system another glance and a fresh coat of paint. Give us a reason to go after the meta and higher rankings. Maybe even do a champions league or something. A little bit of thought and imagination could go a long way to see this reward system elevated and players focus resharpened onto the top prize. Set our pulses to pumping once more CG!!!!

Replies

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    No one needs squad arena currency.

I look forward to seeing how you plan to amass thousands of prestige tokens to get the abilities up on the two new capital ships we're supposed to be getting in the next few weeks. It's a not-awful way to snag some extra credits if you're in a pinch, too.

Also, the devs stated like, years ago that the GW, Arena, and Cantina stores were effectively "done" as far as new characters were concerned. Putting anything new there now would effectively be giving it to the vast majority of players at 7* for free, so I don't see them reversing that decision unless it's for a junky promo character like Bodhi again.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »

I look forward to seeing how you plan to amass thousands of prestige tokens to get the abilities up on the two new capital ships we're supposed to be getting in the next few weeks. It's a not-awful way to snag some extra credits if you're in a pinch, too.

Also, the devs stated like, years ago that the GW, Arena, and Cantina stores were effectively "done" as far as new characters were concerned. Putting anything new there now would effectively be giving it to the vast majority of players at 7* for free, so I don't see them reversing that decision unless it's for a junky promo character like Bodhi again.

I mean, there’s also the vast amount of people that do need the currency. There are still new players that need to get CLS. I’m at 4mil GP and still don’t have all the toons kn there at 7*. Mainly because I don’t need any of them, but still. Not everybody needs the exact same stuff you do, OP.
  • Well then they are **** quite frankly. When you consider the % of spend mercilessly sacrificed in pursuit of arena dominance. Simply buffing rewards, making minor tweaks could have great effect. I don't think there is a single argument against there being zero potencial in this area. Drop a zeta hear some relic materials there and you instantly create lure and stir desire which I think is lacking in terms of the current system. Remember this is the reward for being Meta dominant a desire amoungst many which over 4 years has lost none of its potency. How hard can it be to add a pack to the reward teirs. Increase Crystal rewards or inject a little imagination into an area that's be absent update since launch. Pop a couple of different characters in the arena shop. It's not ground breaking changes. Simple minor tweaks can have meaniful and desirable impacts.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited January 2020
    I'd prefer they don't touch arena rewards because they've been meaning to nerf it when they get around to it.

The credits are nice, the Shard Shop currency is nice when you are running low on them, and the Prestige is nice with two more capital ships coming into the game, as Jarvind pointed out

I don't think the squad arena tokens needs an overhaul, I wouldn't mind adding more stuff (materials, not shards or blueprints) to the store itself

If you don't find it motivating to place high in arena, then you don't have to place high in arena
    It's not ground breaking changes.
    Except they are
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Well then they are **** quite frankly. When you consider the % of spend mercilessly sacrificed in pursuit of arena dominance. Simply buffing rewards, making minor tweaks could have great effect. I don't think there is a single argument against there being zero potencial in this area. Drop a zeta hear some relic materials there and you instantly create lure and stir desire which I think is lacking in terms of the current system. Remember this is the reward for being Meta dominant a desire amoungst many which over 4 years has lost none of its potency. How hard can it be to add a pack to the reward teirs. Increase Crystal rewards or inject a little imagination into an area that's be absent update since launch. Pop a couple of different characters in the arena shop. It's not ground breaking changes. Simple minor tweaks can have meaniful and desirable impacts.

"It's not exactly what I, The Protagonist of Reality, want, so it's garbage and the devs are bad at their jobs"

giphy.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Ultra wrote: »
    I'd prefer they don't touch arena rewards because they've been meaning to nerf it when they get around to it.

The credits are nice, the Shard Shop currency is nice when you are running low on them, and the Prestige is nice with two more capital ships coming into the game, as Jarvind pointed out

I don't think the squad arena tokens needs an overhaul, I wouldn't mind adding more stuff (materials, not shards or blueprints) to the store itself

If you don't find it motivating to place high in arena, then you don't have to place high in arena
    Except they are

Lol if you don't find it motivating don't place. Or maybe I should stop playing altogether? Nerf crystals??...lol yes because they are really spoiling us arnt they. Maybe they should hire you as development manager and you can dazzle them with more talk of leaving alone perfection. Why change something that's distinctively average? Ludicrous.
  • You've got to think about new players coming into the game who will benefit a lot from the Squad Arena Currency character farm. However, I do think more Crystals would be nice. They could even just add new Titles to spice it up, I honestly wouldn't mind.
    Well then they are **** quite frankly. When you consider the % of spend mercilessly sacrificed in pursuit of arena dominance. Simply buffing rewards, making minor tweaks could have great effect. I don't think there is a single argument against there being zero potencial in this area. Drop a zeta hear some relic materials there and you instantly create lure and stir desire which I think is lacking in terms of the current system. Remember this is the reward for being Meta dominant a desire amoungst many which over 4 years has lost none of its potency. How hard can it be to add a pack to the reward teirs. Increase Crystal rewards or inject a little imagination into an area that's be absent update since launch. Pop a couple of different characters in the arena shop. It's not ground breaking changes. Simple minor tweaks can have meaniful and desirable impacts.

"It's not exactly what I, The Protagonist of Reality, want, so it's garbage and the devs are bad at their jobs"

giphy.gif

I don't think you clearly understand the point. You could have just said. Yes I think it could be improved. So your saying there is no rational argument that something that's not been touched for best part of 3 years could use improvement?. I would love to be a fly on the wall in your next work appraisal. Boss. "So where do you think you could improve?" Javind "sorry the job didn't mentioning anything about improving?."
  • People hate on shard shop currency, but I can never get enough to keep up with my wish list.
    Pretty sure the Devs said they intended the Arena store to be one of the main sources of Shard Shop currency as well.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever

I mean, there’s also the vast amount of people that do need the currency. There are still new players that need to get CLS. I’m at 4mil GP and still don’t have all the toons kn there at 7*. Mainly because I don’t need any of them, but still. Not everybody needs the exact same stuff you do, OP.

I never said remove anything. I just said a bit of variety could be better then the same old charactors 3 years on the trot. I'm not saying remove ship mats either. Improve does not mean completely change. It means expand and make better.
  • People hate on shard shop currency, but I can never get enough to keep up with my wish list.
    Pretty sure the Devs said they intended the Arena store to be one of the main sources of Shard Shop currency as well.

Agree shards are handy. But if the devs intended for us to have shard shop currency just give us shard shop currency. Cut out the middle man lol.
  • AntiFunn wrote: »
    Yeah, we all know what the devs said way back.
    But still, it would be awesome if we could get some other faction char's in there.
    Maybe one of the Clones, an Ewok etc. (not all but one at the very least).

I am only missing C3PO for GAS, and Ewoks shards are just hard to find.

Agree 100% mix it up expand. It can't hurt it can it? The game isn't going to crash and die if they pop first order executioner in the arena shop rotation with a few more interesting charactors? At the very basic level it makes it a tad more interesting unless your name is javind then you might get very upset because that would be improving something.
  • I find 500 crystals more than enough incentive.

I like the rewards as they are.
    I also like watching the disintegration of people who post things on a public forum then get upset when others don’t agree with them
  • Ultra wrote: »

Except they are

Their really not.
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I find 500 crystals more than enough incentive.

I also like watching the disintegration of people who post things on a public forum then get upset when others don’t agree with them

Is that before or after you spent 100k.crystals to get within a chance at getting back 500??? Tbh my op was not that focussed on the Crystal amount per say. It was more about lack of much else of note or interest and that someone with a talent for ingenuity and creativity could bring some new ideas to what is currently 3 years old.

You know when hear about people driving change wanting improvement and demanding new content.? Clearly these people dont use this forum. Everyone seems well happy with zero change I think I have miss spoken. Lol
  • I haven’t spent 100k crystals, or anything close to that.

The only concession I’ll make is that it would be nice if they put some signal data or mod slicing mats in the arena store.

But no character / ship shards.

Is that before or after you spent 100k.crystals to get within a chance at getting back 500??? Tbh my op was not that focussed on the Crystal amount per say. It was more about lack of much else of note or interest and that someone with a talent for ingenuity and creativity could bring some new ideas to what is currently 3 years old.

You can wish for whatever you want. Just know it's likely in vain, given the Dev's position on it.
    Either way, I'm happy with it as it stands, so <shrug>.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Hurrah....finally someone agreeing some form of improvement what ever shape it comes it could be agreeable. My work is done

You can wish for whatever you want. Just know it's likely in vain, given the Dev's position on it.
    Either way, I'm happy with it as it stands, so <shrug>.

3 years of bliss for you then...arnt you lucky. The devs will be delighted to know that upon browsing these comments all they need bring to the next ideas meeting is ....silence.
  • No one needs squad arena currency.
    I never said remove anything.

Implication.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    The only concession I’ll make is that it would be nice if they put some signal data or mod slicing mats in the arena store.

But no character / ship shards.
    Yeah, I think so too
  • I think the rewards are fine, tbh. The primary reason to compete in each arena is crytsals. Rank 1 in both is 900. It is achieveable by F2P or low spend players, as long as you are willing to grind out the teams. You can accelerate that if you choose to spend. Money buys you time in this game.

In fact, in the game's current state, achieving a high arena rank early on is much easier than 4 years ago when I started playing. The good ole days of the stories of people spending 2K for Baze..... There are 3 or 4 primary teams that can climb daily.

Your assumption that it takes 100K to be competitive is way off as well. I know plenty of F2P and low spend players that rank high daily. Now, if you want that Day 1, then yeah, it will cost you and rightlfully so.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I stopped reading after the first sentence lmao

AAT rewards ***** since forever? Check.

HSith rewards are ridiculous since the 2nd month from release when they tuned them down wayyyyyyyyyy too much? Check.

TB rewards are ridiculous for the time involved versus the commitment/coordinations required? Check.

About 99.9% of similar games on the market offers 2-3-4 times what SWGOH offers people? Check.

Oh...achievements rewards are the most ridiculous thing I ever saw in such a game in like forever? Check.

ALL REWARDS are outdated since ages… that would help if they weren't setting them way too low all the time mind you but hey… dreaming is the last free thing on Earth these days! :D

You just gotta face the truth. They know they can offer ridiculous rewards because of the license, people love Star Wars so much that they are gonna stick around no matter what. Shame on them, but the truth is, they don't care about ppl and their playerbase, that's the way EA has always been. Sorry to inform you, but you are a mere statistic for them...
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I think the rewards are fine, tbh. The primary reason to compete in each arena is crytsals. Rank 1 in both is 900. It is achieveable by F2P or low spend players, as long as you are willing to grind out the teams. You can accelerate that if you choose to spend. Money buys you time in this game.

In fact, in the game's current state, achieving a high arena rank early on is much easier than 4 years ago when I started playing. The good ole days of the stories of people spending 2K for Baze..... There are 3 or 4 primary teams that can climb daily.

Your assumption that it takes 100K to be competitive is way off as well. I know plenty of F2P and low spend players that rank high daily. Now, if you want that Day 1, then yeah, it will cost you and rightlfully so.

I agree that the primary reason to compete in arena is crystals. No one is disputing that. There may be an argument that nothing needs to change in terms of crystal reward but not a strong one by any stretch of the imagination. In my humble opinion I think there is most certainly an argument that it should be looked at maybe not immediately but sooner rather than later. As the game progresses, and evolves the rewards need to scale with that natural growth. The reward system for arena was designed for the game as it was DAY 1. Were now 3/4 years down the line and we are in a completely different era of the game. Look at the daily challenges for example the bounty gear challenge 100k credits, the STR challenge - It’s desperately out of date for the times we are in! Given the current state of the game there are areas that need to be brought forward inline with the current economic climate. If people don’t understand this then I am sorry but I work in in the marketing business sector and understand running a business. I have read a lot of the feedback from this post and no offence but largely the reply’s I am seeing tell me that none of you are experts in this field and frankly everything you say about this subject demonstrates this.

The fact is the game has come along way since DAY 1, and some of the older reward systems need to be brought up to date and be made suitable for the current economic climate and to help meet the requirements that are being demanded of us. I am sorry but if people don’t agree with this then I have to assume you don’t have a clue about this subject and have zero commercial awareness.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    But if the devs intended for us to have shard shop currency just give us shard shop currency. Cut out the middle man lol.

See, this is why your whole argument makes no sense. Like most "this thing is bad" threads, it ultimately boils down to "just give me stuff," although most don't come out and just say it like that.

They're a business. They don't maintain and update the game out of the goodness of their hearts. They want you to have stuff, sure, but they can't just give it to you or the whole thing falls apart because there's no chase and no sense of satisfaction from upgrading things, because everyone else has them too. That's just how the business model works.

I'm not saying you have to like it, but shouting into the void and expecting it to magically change is just goofy.
    If people don’t understand this then I am sorry but I work in in the marketing business sector and understand running a business.

I know you think this lends your argument an air of authority, but it does the opposite. Marketing is sales, and the sales guy's job is hook people in by over-promising. Then everyone else has to clean up their mess because they're the ones doing the actual work.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

I look forward to seeing how you plan to amass thousands of prestige tokens to get the abilities up on the two new capital ships we're supposed to be getting in the next few weeks.

Is that an actual issue? I have 6k prestige saved up with all current ships other than Malevolence maxed.....
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    JAVIND JAVIND

FACT - The game has come along way since DAY 1, and some of the older reward systems need to be brought up to date and be made suitable for the current economic climate and to help meet the requirements that are being demanded of us - This makes an abundance of sense. What part are you struggling with??

FACT - The SWGOH forums exist to bat ideas about and possibly trigger action especially if DEV's do what they proclaim which is to peruse these forums and swipe ideas.

FACT - What part of this game isn't the DEV's giving you something? You claim to boil down my words to gimmy gimmy gimmy. Find me any topic in SWGOH that is not directly or indirectly related to getting something out the game for free other then a microtransaction. You could apply your logic to pretty much 99% of arguments.

Example.

Jarvind "Please improve the game" DEV "This means developing or offering you something new or don't already have" Javind "Ok sorry then don't bother"

FACT - Working for over 15 years in a business driving revenue and working with customers and venders to achieve targets some might argue gives me tremendous business acumen. Certainly enough to understand more then most.

Marketing is sales, and the sales guy's job is hook people in by over-promising. Then everyone else has to clean up their mess because they're the ones doing the actual work.

Agree if your bad at your job. The difference is my customers come back every year and spend more and more. Some would attribute that to me actually being good at what i do?

They're a business. They don't maintain and update the game out of the goodness of their hearts. They want you to have stuff, sure, but they can't just give it to you or the whole thing falls apart because there's no chase and no sense of satisfaction from upgrading things, because everyone else has them too. That's just how the business model works.

FACT - No they don't do it out of goodness they do it because they get paid to out of the money we pay them. Were pretty important for this chain to operate. No ones saying give me loads more free stuff, that's not really constructive. I take you back to my first point on this

FACT - The game has come along way since DAY 1, and some of the older reward systems need to be brought up to date and be made suitable for the current economic climate and to help meet the requirements that are being demanded of us.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    opinion /= fact
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH