Developer Q&A - 01/10/2020

Replies

• Stil nothing about a Princess Leia portrait. No respect.
  • u guys release a second finn, second poe... nobody cares about these characters.

We still only have one Poe. But we do have multiple Lukes, Hans and Leias. Rey, Finn and Poe are the central characters of the new trilogy, so of course we get multiple versions of some of them too. The only legitimate complaint I see here is that we're getting an Episode 9 Rey before an Episode 6 Luke.
  • They took their lunchtime to answer questions?? Oh wow such a sacrifice!

Or is just that CG are too tight to actually pay them to do work that the community want?

What a shower.
  • Pretty disappointed you didn't address my question about why you brought clash on kamino back so quickly.
  • Q: What was your 2019 GoH highlight and what was something you think missed the mark? In 2020 is there something in particular you really want to nail?

Was asked and answered 2 times.
  • Have you considered adding optional advertisements to the game? I'm serious. If done properly, I think this would be a great way to help out free to play players and open up a whole new revenue stream. Here's how it would work: Want to refresh a node? Watch an ad (once per 8 hours). Want an extra go in your arena? Watch an ad (once per day). Want to refresh a store? Watch an ad (once per day). Want 25 free energy? Watch an ad (once per day). etc. Place a limit on the number of ads a player can watch each day, so they don't go too crazy abusing the feature.
  • jedibaer71 wrote: »
    hola devs, todo bien?

want to ask, if there are plans to make the arenas payout independent of an exact payout hour?
    many of us are in a shard-chat, but that‘s why we have in reality less possibilities to join our best payout time. the free choice of the payout was a big step, no question!

perhaps payout is our reset time and we get rewards for the highest reached rank in the last 24 hours.

could be another step in the quality of life and a better time-management.

gracias y saludos!

I have made this exact suggestion a dozen times! My schedule changes from day to day. I should not have to adjust my schedule to fit the game, the game should fit into my schedule. Just let me climb in my arena whenever I can and give me rewards based on my highest rank since the last payout.
  • tell and where there is a discussion of rework of characters. I have some thoughts about rework several. I would like to share them

• What about add PASS in game? It is now practiced in many games and helps in the development of both beginners and old players. For $ 5 we could get a lot of interesting. For example: shards of players, currency, more energy, more experience (for new players) and more. It would be even more interesting to do this for the guild itself, it would turn everything upside down in this game and it would be more interesting.
  • Stragnikrubega
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    in fact, you are offering another variation of the donation. But I'm talking about improving the gameplay. And I want to offer my thoughts to someone from the developers. Are you a player or one of the development team?

• JoPrime wrote: »
    Hey,
    how about include Marquees to the Journey Guide for Players having missed them (or newcomers who didn’t even have the chance to collect the first 50 shards)?

Besides the shards, it is a good way to introduce the characters for new players.
    Thanks.
    This!
  • any news on the missing Wat Tambor shards as it has been 2 months ago now

or do you hope we forget about this?

They just posted about this in the last Server Update
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • dear developers. I am a Russian-speaking player and it is difficult for me to deal with your forum. I just want to voice my suggestions for the rework of some characters. And perhaps what characters it makes sense to add to the game. Please give me a link where to write my suggestions for the game.
  • dear developers. I am a Russian-speaking player and it is difficult for me to deal with your forum. I just want to voice my suggestions for the rework of some characters. And perhaps what characters it makes sense to add to the game. Please give me a link where to write my suggestions for the game.

I am not aware of any specific "suggestion box" or line to the team, however you can always make a thread in the discussion or feedback sections of the forum to voice your opinion.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

Link to the character feedback sub-forum: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/characters
  • i will try
  • I welcome its developers once again. I made a section on the forum where suggestions for rework some characters are included. I know that you have your own people who do this, but I ask you to take a look at least and give an assessment. Here is the link https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2046868#Comment_2046868
  • any news on the missing Wat Tambor shards as it has been 2 months ago now

or do you hope we forget about this?

They just posted about this in the last Server Update

yup for upcomming issues what about the issue from November 2019. We still did not got any shards from that TB. Raised a question about it 3 times but looks like they are stil partying from all the cash they bring home.

They said they fixed the bug, and that they would track the fix while they work on the (I would assume fairly difficult) task of determining who in the playerbase did not receive the shards and how many they should receive. They included that in their statement too, that they are working on sending the missing shards now that they believe they have fixed the root cause.
  • New luke as Jedi master luke, Grand master luke,Jedi knight luke? New jedi even piell adi gallia new palpatine, snoke, preatorian guard and the knight ren
  • You people need to stop asking questions like what's your favorite thing that happened in 2019, how do you feel about todays weather and what's your favorite color etc. Hate having to skip half the questions because they are pointless like that. However, the very few "good" questions seem to be the only ones the Devs like to dodge or can't answer at all. Again, I feel like I wasted my time reading the Q&A seeking for something useful.
  • Is there a point of a Q&A but no delivery date??

Take ur time CG.... Hope there will be pp left when ur ready
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Reserved

you can take a look at this section. I suggest rework some characters. Immediately, please forgive me for not very good translation. English is not my language. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/222701/suggestions-for-improving-the-game-rework-characters-and-stuff#latest
  • 1.) I'd love to see a USE ALL option for my Ally Points on bronzium data cards. Is that something that can ever happen?

2.) I've played the game everyday since June 3 2017, I currently have 4,376,320 GP, and I've spent hundreds of dollars on the game over the course of that time. With that being said, I appreciate you guys adding new challenge tiers to the assault battles, but so far I only have 4 relic characters and none of them would be used on the ewok event, so I couldn't even get passed the first round. I hope you're planning on doing some more updates that are realistic for at least the free to play players, like new tiers in the challenges that don't make you rely on relics. I know I've been having such a hard time unlocking things now that if I was a new player I would have already quit playing because it's getting so hard.

3.) I am a collector, and I love unlocking new characters, I focus on getting them all. I have unlocked every character besides Ki Adi Mundi, Wat and General Skywalker. I've leveled everyone (with the exception of 1 I'm still working on) to level 85. I love playing with odd ball characters, like a team of Tusken, my Gamorrean Guard, Lobot, the Ugnaught, etc. I try to level those characters up with gear when I can and I replay old battles I would normally sim for gear, just to get to use them.
    I think it would be great if there was a way to actually make it so they're not a waste of space for most players. If there was some kind of reward system or new game play, that if you used those characters on a mission, you'd unlock their own gear or shards to level them up more. (of course you could exclude some of the meta characters, and only make it for older ones) you could even just randomly place a piece of gear on them as they progressed through the mission, so there wasn't an option to unlock it and give it to someone else. It would just focus on the character you're playing with. That would be my FAVORITE way to play if it was an option.

I'm already tired of the arena, I get my butt kicked and it's always the same elite teams. I'd love to send my tuskens into battle against a group of weequay and unlock more tusken shards and gear by beating them. something like that would be insanely fun.

4.) You're really missing the mark by not having a VIP option. I found myself spending money on games that offered it, instead of this game more times than not, and I don't even play most of those games anymore. I want to get the best value for my hard earned money.
    Example: Higher VIP Levels come with increasingly large bonuses to rewards, daily login bonuses, like random gear or shards, give us daily credits, etc. I promise you rewarding your players is going to be more rewarding for you in the long run.

5.) Switch up the items in the stores! Anybody that's been playing as long as me would love to see a rotation of characters and ships. You do it in some sections, why not do it where we have the currency to spend?

6.) Going back to #3, if you opened up a new gameplay like that you could bring in a ton of new classic characters. Amanaman, Yak Face, Tessek, Salacious Crumb, Nein Numb, zuckuss, 4-lom, Jek Porkins, Bib Fortuna, Tobias Beckett, Mara Jade, Prince Xizor... and make Jabba a playable character, where there's a wampa there's a way. You wouldn't have to make them as strong as the current meta to make us want them. Make them unlockable by reaching the end of this new battle mode that unlocks the characters you're using. They can be a boss and you unlock them at the end, boom. I'd love it. We'd continue to use them in that game mode so it wouldn't matter if they got squashed in arena, they'd still have a use.

I'm sure you guys are working your butts off coming up with the content you already have planned for the year, and taking on stuff like that would be insane, but I just wanted to share with everyone what I want to see in the galaxy. Everything above would only spark my interest back into the game and probably be something that would interest my friends that quit playing. The worst thing I hear is people saying they logged back into the game and all the stuff they needed to unlock was so overwhelmingly hard that they decided to not even bother.

- With regards, potentially the only guy who made his wampa relic 6 and fights with it in the arena. (probably why I lose)
  • 1.) I'd love to see a USE ALL option for my Ally Points on bronzium data cards. Is that something that can ever happen?

2.) I've played the game everyday since June 3 2017, I currently have 4,376,320 GP, and I've spent hundreds of dollars on the game over the course of that time. With that being said, I appreciate you guys adding new challenge tiers to the assault battles, but so far I only have 4 relic characters and none of them would be used on the ewok event, so I couldn't even get passed the first round. I hope you're planning on doing some more updates that are realistic for at least the free to play players, like new tiers in the challenges that don't make you rely on relics. I know I've been having such a hard time unlocking things now that if I was a new player I would have already quit playing because it's getting so hard.

3.) I am a collector, and I love unlocking new characters, I focus on getting them all. I have unlocked every character besides Ki Adi Mundi, Wat and General Skywalker. I've leveled everyone (with the exception of 1 I'm still working on) to level 85. I love playing with odd ball characters, like a team of Tusken, my Gamorrean Guard, Lobot, the Ugnaught, etc. I try to level those characters up with gear when I can and I replay old battles I would normally sim for gear, just to get to use them.
    I think it would be great if there was a way to actually make it so they're not a waste of space for most players. If there was some kind of reward system or new game play, that if you used those characters on a mission, you'd unlock their own gear or shards to level them up more. (of course you could exclude some of the meta characters, and only make it for older ones) you could even just randomly place a piece of gear on them as they progressed through the mission, so there wasn't an option to unlock it and give it to someone else. It would just focus on the character you're playing with. That would be my FAVORITE way to play if it was an option.

I'm already tired of the arena, I get my butt kicked and it's always the same elite teams. I'd love to send my tuskens into battle against a group of weequay and unlock more tusken shards and gear by beating them. something like that would be insanely fun.

4.) You're really missing the mark by not having a VIP option. I found myself spending money on games that offered it, instead of this game more times than not, and I don't even play most of those games anymore. I want to get the best value for my hard earned money.
    Example: Higher VIP Levels come with increasingly large bonuses to rewards, daily login bonuses, like random gear or shards, give us daily credits, etc. I promise you rewarding your players is going to be more rewarding for you in the long run.

5.) Switch up the items in the stores! Anybody that's been playing as long as me would love to see a rotation of characters and ships. You do it in some sections, why not do it where we have the currency to spend?

6.) Going back to #3, if you opened up a new gameplay like that you could bring in a ton of new classic characters. Amanaman, Yak Face, Tessek, Salacious Crumb, Nein Numb, zuckuss, 4-lom, Jek Porkins, Bib Fortuna, Tobias Beckett, Mara Jade, Prince Xizor... and make Jabba a playable character, where there's a wampa there's a way. You wouldn't have to make them as strong as the current meta to make us want them. Make them unlockable by reaching the end of this new battle mode that unlocks the characters you're using. They can be a boss and you unlock them at the end, boom. I'd love it. We'd continue to use them in that game mode so it wouldn't matter if they got squashed in arena, they'd still have a use.

I'm sure you guys are working your butts off coming up with the content you already have planned for the year, and taking on stuff like that would be insane, but I just wanted to share with everyone what I want to see in the galaxy. Everything above would only spark my interest back into the game and probably be something that would interest my friends that quit playing. The worst thing I hear is people saying they logged back into the game and all the stuff they needed to unlock was so overwhelmingly hard that they decided to not even bother.

- With regards, potentially the only guy who made his wampa relic 6 and fights with it in the arena. (probably why I lose)

the idea is cool. but I don't think they will implement this in the near future. check out my message above and log in to my conversation. I raised the topic of rework of old characters, so that they would become more playable. so far, only I wrote there. you can also. The changes are good, but let's start small. let the character first reworked and align the balance of power, and then enter new ones.
  • Si0n
    117 posts Member
    With the release of Finaliser and Raddus, all of the factions that are worth mentioning have a capital ship EXECPT the SITH.
    Are there any plans of releasing a Sith capital ship in 2020 as their faction has 5 ships already but no viable “leader” to actually make them work?
  • Si0n
    117 posts Member
    When it comes to ship content as countless people before me have already flagged, we’re still lacking diversity and there’s only so much we can do with the amount we’ve got.
    How many ships and from how many factions are you planning to release in 2020?
This discussion has been closed.