Arena Rewards are outdated.

Replies

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

FACT - Working for over 15 years in a business driving revenue and working with customers and venders to achieve targets some might argue gives me tremendous business acumen.

Okay, now you overplayed the "I did a business once" card, and I'm just 100% convinced you're lying.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• FACT - The game has come along way since DAY 1, and some of the older reward systems need to be brought up to date and be made suitable for the current economic climate and to help meet the requirements that are being demanded of us - This makes an abundance of sense. What part are you struggling with??

Yes, the game has come a long way from 2015 when it started, but that doesn't necessarily mean that arena rewards need to be changed. Arena rewards have always been about crystals, the tokens are just a nice bonus.

Part of the reason the rewards don't need to be changed is that they are designed for the early game when they were created, as most rewards systems in this game are. Early game players (yes, there are new players and accounts starting the game now) still need the tokens to farm characters. For this reason, CG "improving" the rewards would could only mean adding more to the package or replacing parts of the rewards with something else. The first option is exactly what people are disagreeing with you on, its just asking for free stuff. Its not "improving the game". The second option would be bad for new players, because the most likely thing to be reduced would be tokens, which would extend their farms before they can start getting ship prestige/credits/shard currency.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Not gonna read all the nonsense but 50k credits for rank 1 are kind of a joke. Rest is fine imo.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Orleans wrote: »
    Not gonna read all the nonsense but 50k credits for rank 1 are kind of a joke. Rest is fine imo.

You get to a point where any credit reward is a joke. Just ignore it. The crystals are fine and the arena currency is worthwhile shard fodder.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

• FACT - The game has come along way since DAY 1, and some of the older reward systems need to be brought up to date and be made suitable for the current economic climate and to help meet the requirements that are being demanded of us - This makes an abundance of sense. What part are you struggling with??

Yes, the game has come a long way from 2015 when it started, but that doesn't necessarily mean that arena rewards need to be changed. Arena rewards have always been about crystals, the tokens are just a nice bonus.

Part of the reason the rewards don't need to be changed is that they are designed for the early game when they were created, as most rewards systems in this game are. Early game players (yes, there are new players and accounts starting the game now) still need the tokens to farm characters. For this reason, CG "improving" the rewards would could only mean adding more to the package or replacing parts of the rewards with something else. The first option is exactly what people are disagreeing with you on, its just asking for free stuff. Its not "improving the game". The second option would be bad for new players, because the most likely thing to be reduced would be tokens, which would extend their farms before they can start getting ship prestige/credits/shard currency.

Like i said answering previous questions the crystals I didn't really touch on. I think their is valid argument the crystal mounts are fine. Are they flawless nope, nothing is immune to improvement. However my argument was the reward system is out dated, i.e the arena shop which has never changed and like the comment above 50k credits for TOP meta spot on the server. Its out of date in the fact that its not UPTO date? Do you understand?????
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

FACT - The game has come along way since DAY 1, and some of the older reward systems need to be brought up to date and be made suitable for the current economic climate and to help meet the requirements that are being demanded of us - This makes an abundance of sense. What part are you struggling with??

Like i said answering previous questions the crystals I didn't really touch on. I think their is valid argument the crystal mounts are fine. Are they flawless nope, nothing is immune to improvement. However my argument was the reward system is out dated, i.e the arena shop which has never changed and like the comment above 50k credits for TOP meta spot on the server. Its out of date in the fact that its not UPTO date? Do you understand?????

The crystals are like 95% of the importance, maybe more.

Could they do something with the rest, I guess, but it's insignificant next to the crystals. The additional shard shop currency or prestige is fine along side the crystals.
  • TVF wrote: »

To be honest, I kind of forgot that we got anything other than the crystals....
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

FACT - The game has come along way since DAY 1, and some of the older reward systems need to be brought up to date and be made suitable for the current economic climate and to help meet the requirements that are being demanded of us - This makes an abundance of sense. What part are you struggling with??

Could they do something with the rest, I guess, but it's insignificant next to the crystals. The additional shard shop currency or prestige is fine along side the crystals.

5 demerits for not saying "alongside."

So...you didn't read my post at all? I stated why the arena tokens are important, you have just progressed past the point they were designed for. Besides crystals, arena rewards are not designed for late-game players.

Now, if this thread was about adding to the arena shop to re-incentivize the arena rewards outside of crystals, I would 100% agree with you.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Jarvind wrote: »

FACT - Working for over 15 years in a business driving revenue and working with customers and venders to achieve targets some might argue gives me tremendous business acumen.

Okay, now you overplayed the "I did a business once" card, and I'm just 100% convinced you're lying.

You got me its not quite 15 years, i rounded up from about 14 years and 3 months. ;)

So...you didn't read my post at all? I stated why the arena tokens are important, you have just progressed past the point they were designed for. Besides crystals, arena rewards are not designed for late-game players.

Now, if this thread was about adding to the arena shop to re-incentivize the arena rewards outside of crystals, I would 100% agree with you.

I read your post but i don't think you read my OP. I never said i want more crystals I was very clear about that. I am saying reward systems i.e arena shop / rewards / and other reward based parts of the game are outdated. another example would be daily challenges, and galactic war.
    Not gonna read all the nonsense but 50k credits for rank 1 are kind of a joke. Rest is fine imo.

You get to a point where any credit reward is a joke. Just ignore it. The crystals are fine and the arena currency is worthwhile shard fodder.

Yes, but it could be improved come on TVF say it..... YES IT COULD BE IMPROVED, i know its painful but just let the words roll off the lips a few times.

I read your post but i don't think you read my OP. I never said i want more crystals I was very clear about that. I am saying reward systems i.e arena shop / rewards / and other reward based parts of the game are outdated. another example would be daily challenges, and galactic war.

They are "outdated" because they are designed for a specific time in a player's life cycle. I didn't say you were literally asking for more stuff, but rather explained why saying "improve the rewards" either means "more free stuff" or "replace the stuff that other people need for what I need".

I read your op. All you did was ask for better rewards, with zero suggestions as to how to actually improve it.
  • No one needs squad arena currency.
    I never said remove anything.

The what?

This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Yes, but it could be improved come on TVF say it..... YES IT COULD BE IMPROVED, i know its painful but just let the words roll off the lips a few times.

Read again. I'll bold it.

• Dinotank46 wrote: »
    No one needs squad arena currency.

The what?

Arguing for argument sake. Its not wrong to say an outdated system is out of date.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Dinotank46 wrote: »

The what?

Arguing for argument sake. Its not wrong to say an outdated system is out of date.

It's not out of date. New players join every day.

thanks, and I agree with you they could awaken some ideas around this and other outdated aspects and make small improvements. I hope they do.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

thanks, and I agree with you they could awaken some ideas around this and other outdated aspects and make small improvements. I hope they do.

:thinking:

That's not what I said.

The what?

That's like MC DONALDS saying, lets not innovate or improve the look of our restaurants because new customers are coming in.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

The what?

That's like MC DONALDS saying, lets not innovate or improve the look of our restaurants because new customers are coming in.

The what?

New players and old players have vastly different resource needs.

Your McDonalds comparison makes no sense.

The what?

That's not what I said.

You said "Could they do something with the rest, I guess" which means you conceded to YES, they can improve. Finally someone agreed shut down the DAM post quick!!

The what?

That might be one of the worst analogies I have read on these forums. Arena rewards are not comparable to a store's look. I think the best thing I could think to compare it to with Mcdonalds is Happy Meal toys. They are a reward for getting something, but have they changed from little trinkets to anything more valuable/complex in the decades they have been around? Not that I am aware of.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

The what?

That's not what I said.

You said "Could they do something with the rest, I guess" which means you conceded to YES, they can improve. Finally someone agreed shut down the DAM post quick!!

Could /= should.
  • You were born at some point in the last 100 years. There you go. A sentence you cant argue with.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    You were born at some point in the last 100 years. There you go. A sentence you cant argue with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nawe7F8cZ_U
  • you win :)
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    At any rate, since I've made the following points:

1) Rewards are mainly crystals, which are not outdated

2) Arena currency is useful for prestige or shard shop currency, which is not outdated

3) None of the rewards are outdated for new players

I'll just say good luck with your proposal.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    1) Rewards are mainly crystals, which are not outdated

Crystals are less important to me these days...for the first time. 2020 has started with a very ‘just throw em on the pile’, mentality.
    Whatever you want, crystals will get it for you