Allow more control over GA roster lock during join window

There is clearly a huge penalty for a user to miss/forget to join a GAC round in the 24 hours given before 'player lock'. But now that CG has made it so that the roster locks when you hit Join and there is no way to unjoin, players have to balance the risk of locking too early vs missing it altogether. For example, I locked this morning because I wasn't sure I would be able to get on again between then and player lock. But I did have time and also unlocked a 7* Negotiator as well thanks to TB. But oh well, no 7* Negotiator for me the next three matches.

Please implement an ability to relock roster, or unjoin and rejoin like we can in TB. I'm surprised this need was not predicted when moving roster lock from player lock time to join time was implemented.

Replies

• You assume they care??
  • weren't the rooster-lock changes implemented to fix the mod cheating issue ?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    J0HND03 wrote: »
    weren't the rooster-lock changes implemented to fix the mod cheating issue ?

If the roster lock for TW works, they should be able to make it work similarly for GA.
  • +1 for this request. For players who move mods around, it is incredibly stressful and error-prone needing to avoid joining during things like HSTR, TB, or when mods around to beat particular teams in arena. I'd expect this level of a poor UI for beta games or small indie games only.
  • Another +1 for this request. Limited on time to log in tomorrow, so I locked in and forgot to switch my mods back from trying to beat the new forest moon assault battles earlier. Now my DR team has no mods which is an automatic 3 losses. Stuff like this makes me want to quit, so frustrating.

As previously stated It should be like territory war being able to leave and rejoin if you make a mistake to lock in your roster for an event that lasts a week.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    What difference does it make? You're matched based on what you have at that time. If you make an upgrade, MM will take it into consideration, and theoretically, you gain nothing.

Unless you make some key change to an 80+ ranked toon that doesn't bump you up...but realistically how much can you change in 24hrs? How much difference can it make in the outcome?
  • Dammit, I got burned by GAC lock again. I've put off joining so that I could spend my friday morning going over my characters' mods over coffee before work...was checking out TW progress and accidentally clicked into the GAC bubble and then quickly clicked 'join' before I realized I was in the GAC screen rather than the TW screen. I don't understand why this can't be fixed.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    What difference does it make? You're matched based on what you have at that time. If you make an upgrade, MM will take it into consideration, and theoretically, you gain nothing.

Unless you make some key change to an 80+ ranked toon that doesn't bump you up...but realistically how much can you change in 24hrs? How much difference can it make in the outcome?

It makes a huge difference to some of us. I accidentally sign up for GAC too early all the time, honestly it happens more often than when I intentionally sign up. It just happened again yesterday. Should I be more careful? Absolutely! But the way it currently works is still poor game design. I've said this before, but cheaters in GAC was an issue I never encountered and this "solution" is way more frustrating than the problem it's intended to fix.

It's a problem for anyone who moves mods around and happens to click join while their mods are in disarray. Key toons without mods are a major handicap which is not adequately reflected in the GP.
  • One more +1 on this request. This last week, GAC began the same day the Malak event came back. I wasn't sure if I was going to have time to do the Malak event (or play at all) the morning before the GAC started, so I joined right before heading to work. Then I did get a chance to play during a break at work, and was able to unlock and level up Malak before the start of the GAC. But because my roster was locked, I didn't get to use Malak for the week in GAC.

Match-ups are based on GP. But as we all know, not all GP is created equal. A character like Malak is way more powerful than someone like Kanan or even CLS at the same GP. This last GAC, they released the Malak event the morning of the GAC lock. I wanted to wait to see if I could unlock Malak before joining, but I had to work and was unsure if I'd have a chance to play, so I couldn't. I then got Malak during a break at work, but couldn't use him in the GAC. Having Malak available may have made the difference between a win and a loss, and would not have changed my match-up.
  • Mrboma wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Match-ups are based on GP. But as we all know, not all GP is created equal. A character like Malak is way more powerful than someone like Kanan or even CLS at the same GP. This last GAC, they released the Malak event the morning of the GAC lock. I wanted to wait to see if I could unlock Malak before joining, but I had to work and was unsure if I'd have a chance to play, so I couldn't. I then got Malak during a break at work, but couldn't use him in the GAC. Having Malak available may have made the difference between a win and a loss, and would not have changed my match-up.
    Actually it would have changed your matchup because powering Malak up to the point where he was actually useful would have displaced a weaker toon from your top {x} resulting in a slightly higher GP and likely different opponents.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Mrboma wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Actually it would have changed your matchup because powering Malak up to the point where he was actually useful would have displaced a weaker toon from your top {x} resulting in a slightly higher GP and likely different opponents.

i'd rather have a useful malak with a slight gp bump
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • LindoFatt wrote: »
    There is clearly a huge penalty for a user to miss/forget to join a GAC round in the 24 hours given before 'player lock'. But now that CG has made it so that the roster locks when you hit Join and there is no way to unjoin, players have to balance the risk of locking too early vs missing it altogether. For example, I locked this morning because I wasn't sure I would be able to get on again between then and player lock. But I did have time and also unlocked a 7* Negotiator as well thanks to TB. But oh well, no 7* Negotiator for me the next three matches.

Please implement an ability to relock roster, or unjoin and rejoin like we can in TB. I'm surprised this need was not predicted when moving roster lock from player lock time to join time was implemented.

Yes I agree, I didnt realize once u hit join that changes u make dont count. Why cant u leave then rejoin. I did cause last time I forgot to join bc of work. So I joined ahead of time and now I'm F-ed
  • Its kind of amazing to me that they use a different code for joining TW than they do TB.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Its kind of amazing to me that they use a different code for joining TW than they do TB.
    It wouldn't be if you knew anything about commercial software development. ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Its kind of amazing to me that they use a different code for joining TW than they do TB.
    Its amazing to me that anyone assumes they would be the same. Those 2 modes share almost nothing in common when it comes to matchmaking.