God I give up

I just can’t get past the last stage of this event. I think my toon are gd enough but I get wiped within 2 mins. Mods are not the best but come on. 9asxub2ddmlv.png

Replies

• No logray= not good enough
  • Uriakatos wrote: »
    No logray= not good enough

I’ve seen people do it without him lol. He’s taking to long to farm lol.
  • I did it without Logray and all g11 toons. The main thing I remember having to do was to use Wicket to keep Elder under stealth as much as possible so he can heal and revive.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • The team I used BEFORE the new leg journey system was added, was g11 w/zetas, Chirpa, Wickett, Papaloo, Logray, Elder. No problems, now with the new system they are destroyed. Over and over. So what used to work does not anymore. You have proven it. Get them all to g12 and finish it. Or get used to not finishing, and trying over and over. Sux, but it's just that simple.
  • The team I used BEFORE the new leg journey system was added, was g11 w/zetas, Chirpa, Wickett, Papaloo, Logray, Elder. No problems, now with the new system they are destroyed. Over and over. So what used to work does not anymore. You have proven it. Get them all to g12 and finish it. Or get used to not finishing, and trying over and over. Sux, but it's just that simple.

What do you mean before the legendary journey. What’s changed.

He is implying that they changed the event difficulty with the implementation of the joirney guide, which has no backing other than "it feels harder". I would be willing to guess what changed is mods, they are the key to most things in this game.

Advice to you: just finish logray. The ewoks are not worth more gear than what you put, so either you wait to finish logray and it is easy, or you put on arena mods and try until the right rng.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

He is implying that they changed the event difficulty with the implementation of the joirney guide, which has no backing other than "it feels harder". I would be willing to guess what changed is mods, they are the key to most things in this game.

Advice to you: just finish logray. The ewoks are not worth more gear than what you put, so either you wait to finish logray and it is easy, or you put on arena mods and try until the right rng.

Ah ok got. Yeah looks like I’m gonna have to he’s just a nightmare to farm as he’s rarely in store but thanks for the advice.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Yep...it's mods, you forgot how to beat it, or you got lucky the first time
  • Uriakatos wrote: »
    No logray= not good enough

You don't need him if you have Chirpa's zeta and everyone except Teebo g11+. I did the last tier with these guys:

k1t14rjfrnb5.png

@OP it seems utterly impossible until you get that one run where everything just falls into place. Make sure they're well over 200 speed (Paploo as close to 200 as you can get him) and always call Elder to assist. It'll work out sooner or later. You certainly have more than enough gear and zetas on them.

• Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    wwx863zf6krb.jpeg

That team took 2 attempts — it helped watching a couple of YouTube videos using that exact team.
    It helped even more moving 6 dot Arena mods onto the G12 Ewoks.
    —> The greater the number for G12s (so you can use 6* mods) the greater the first chance of success without Logray.

e.g. Elder was at 257 speed and 50k health with my GKs mods
  • I used this. Just put your best 6e mods on them (you csn switch them back after the event) i for example put my GG mods on elder, Bossk mods on Paploo ans Han mods on chirpa.qbe5ufrj39gn.jpg
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Mods are not the best but come on.

You can solve this problem instantly with the mods you already have in your inventory. F. ex. a crit chance triangle is much better for Wicket than his current crit dmg. triangle. You have plenty already:

https://swgoh.gg/p/727396513/mods/?set_6=1&set_5=1&stat1_53=1

Protection primaries are better than health primaries for Paploo. You have plenty to choose from as well:

https://swgoh.gg/p/727396513/mods/?set_1=1&set_3=1&stat1_55=1&stat1_56=1&stat2_5=1

Just a couple of examples.

Solve the problem or give up - it's your choice.
  • And just to chime in with mods - think about a crit avoidance arrow on Paploo. They really help against Rebels in these events (Chewy and 3PO)
  • I did with really bad gear. My team was G11 Elder, G9 Paploo and G10 Scout, Chirpa and Wicket.

Modded them all to be ~220-230. Had to try ~200 times maybe (lost count around 50s xD).

Its definitely possible without Logray and also with low gear but absolutely not recommended (unless you got a day to spare).
  • darklinkto
    43 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    3tastg4hs35x.png
    All G11 except G10 for chirpa.
    Speed between 200 and 215 for everyone.
    Kill the soldier first, then chewee and solo.
    Tried 20 times and just got it today
  • Mods and some good luck are more important than your specific gear level. The more gear you have, the less RNG you will need to be in your favor, though.

Completed the last tier last night with G10 Elder and G9 Logray, Wicket, Paploo, zChirpa

https://swgoh.gg/p/728261996/characters/?f=Ewok

https://swgoh.gg/p/728261996/characters/?f=Droid

Spent an hour setting up good mod loadouts for each, with priority on getting all of them as fast as possible. Slowest loadout was Wicket at +97 and no 10% bonus, and Elder at +90 on top of the 10% bonus. Flat health bonuses for everyone where possible. Protection primaries instead of health, to help reduce the number of initial wipes and time spent. Some potency on Logray. Whatever offense and crit I could find that came with all of that. When all was said and done, Logray was my fastest, which ended up working alright as he could immediately remove the taunt and have everyone else ready to go at Chewie behind him.

Also spent time setting up loadouts for the 22 other characters I was stealing mods from, so cleanup could be quick and painless. This was definitely worthwhile!

Spent 2 hours and change, restarting every time things didn't look good. Elder dead, more than one dead, or one dead and several Ewoks badly hurt after the opening salvo, start over. Chewie stealthed, start over. Elder dead at any point, start over. 3 Ewoks dead, start over. It's a numbers game. In those two hours, I probably played out 10-15 attempts. Out of those, maybe 5 of those still felt feasible after getting Chewie down. I easily restarted the event around 150 times. That doesn't count the 100 or so other attempts I did before redoing mods.

The point is, you have the gear. Get the mods sorted, and arm your self with patience. Limit the amount of time wasted by being aggressive about when to restart. Maybe wait for Logray to be 7 stars before going back to it. Good luck!
  • I keep getting wiped by the rebels.
    Sometimes I cant even kill one of them. I have all toons g11 with >200 speed.
    ap7ava2dzv8m.png
    mlbhvb15spjp.png
    inwzkmcfeptq.png
    jjwhfkp2vely.png
    452pte64fpwf.png
    b2nq66vned34.png
  • Priorities
    1. Always call EEwok to assist whenever possible. TM gain on his basic is important.
    2. Use paploos basic to dispel anyone with translation buff/ soldiers taunt
    3. Lograys TM gain spell should be used before the daze. Important to get the TM train running
    4. Save paploos taunt for when another bear is dying. His dispel on basic is better than the taunt.
    5. Dont forget that Chirpas mass assist can dispel (If paploo isnt disabled)

Steps
    4. Kill Chewie first. Purpose is to get rid of the guard buff
    5. Next to knock down is Han solo
    6. After Han, go for soldier. The other 3 remaining will be stealthed too often
    7. Once done, either go for Leia/R2..

Dont give up, it took me more than 5 hours but i cleared it with G10/11+0 gear, everyone around 180spd total. Only Zeta was on Chirpa.
  • All of that, but you don't absolutely have to kill Chewie first. If everyone is smokescreened except for soldier, kill soldier first. If Chewie is stealthed but Han isn't, go for Han etc. Don't throw a promising run just because you can't get at Chewie. I killed soldier first on the last stage. As long as your TM train keeps rolling you have a chance of winning.
  • Dude, you are wiser than Darth Plagueis. After so many tries I finally beat them! Kill order was: taunt guy, Chewie, Han, Leia, R2, 3PO.
  • Congrats, good job sticking with it =)