Arena Rewards are outdated.

Replies

• TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    ...if this was about how CG could rework old stores, which they are on record stating they will not do...

The shops are 80% of the daily “itinerary”.... maybe they should rethink that stance.

Dumb chores are dumb.

Agree 100% with the need to refresh the shops (not sure what this 80% of the itinerary is about), although the decrease in shard shop currency would be problematic if they added too many characters at once.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    1) Rewards are mainly crystals, which are not outdated

Crystals are less important to me these days...for the first time. 2020 has started with a very ‘just throw em on the pile’, mentality.
    Whatever you want, crystals will get it for you

Doesn’t feel the same now.
    - 1k/day after refreshes gives 200ish left over = 1400 a week, which used to get you a full gear piece, now needs to be saved for a month before obtaining an upgrade for a char.

I’m Not complaining. I don’t mind waiting..But it is boring. #DragonLife

Wait, I thought crystals weren’t important anymore.

O.o... so snarky. Very Delicious.

This is the first time in the game that I’ve felt like crystals aren’t that important to me. Maybe it’s waning interest, maybe it’s because the goalposts are past Pluto, or maybe it’s becasue all the great new content is flooding my mind with feelings of inadequacy.... I guess we’ll never know. Either way... I’m just piling the purples up with no real interest in using them at the moment.
    ( :: Looks over at FOO and laughs :: )

0% snarky, 100% genuine confusion
    Indifference ≠ importance
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I just want ship arena crystals to match arena crystals. More resources go into making a fleet anyway, so why shouldn’t it be equal??

In my day we didn't get *any* crystals from fleet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    ...if this was about how CG could rework old stores, which they are on record stating they will not do...

The shops are 80% of the daily “itinerary”.... maybe they should rethink that stance.

Dumb chores are dumb.

Agree 100% with the need to refresh the shops (not sure what this 80% of the itinerary is about), although the decrease in shard shop currency would be problematic if they added too many characters at once.

80% has no real importance. But the shops are a large part of the “daily content” and as you said... CG has come out and said....” Nope... We’re done with those”, adding “something”... anything is a step in the right direction.

Yes...improvement is good it's what fuels advancement. Apratently alot of people like chasing the meta and arena placement is quite a central focus for them.......so it's pretty important to keep it up to date.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I just want ship arena crystals to match arena crystals. More resources go into making a fleet anyway, so why shouldn’t it be equal??

How ever did improvement come about In ur day i wonder....head scratcher 🤔
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Massive difference between an arena with zero crystals and an arena with a secondary reward you think needs improvement.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Was so long ago that ships were introduced that I forgot about that.
  • Depends on the point of view. If you wanted to tell me the earth is flat because I can't show you water sticking to a spinning ball the only opinion on offer is the fact not all your dogs are barking.

Funny thing is I've spoken to people who think the earth is flat, they told me I missed the point and suddenly refused to debate further with me too, but maybe that was just because I didn't suddenly start shouting about dogs.

Massive difference between an arena with zero crystals and an arena with a secondary reward you think needs improvement.

I don't have the foggiest idea what your on about. Go out have a drink enjoy your wend.
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    Okay, so can we all agree that the currents rewards need to be left as they are, meaning nothing needs to be removed, but they could certainly add some new content to the rewards, such as relic data, mod slicing mats, etc., just something new to keep up with all the new content.
  • Crystals matter. If they reduce crystal payout in arena to put in something else, if be concerned.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Tygra wrote: »
    Okay, so can we all agree that the currents rewards need to be left as they are, meaning nothing needs to be removed, but they could certainly add some new content to the rewards, such as relic data, mod slicing mats, etc., just something new to keep up with all the new content.

Yes. I think at some point they should look at this reward system and bring it upto date just like they are doing in other aspects of rhe game.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Crystals matter. If they reduce crystal payout in arena to put in something else, if be concerned.

I said update it, improve on it. Make it more desirable.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Crystals matter. If they reduce crystal payout in arena to put in something else, if be concerned.

I said update it, improve on it. Make it more desirable.

My cousin works with a guy whose sister’s half brothers step dad works as CG’s fill-in janitor and he uncovered CG wants to move in the exact opposite direction.

You know how Uncle Fred is though... about 7 cans shy of a six-pack.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • OP isn't asking for an "improvement". He just wants more. I think the developers have concluded properly that if you give too much, you may stop the whiny posts like this one, but everyone will quickly bore of the game because there will be nothing left to chase.

So, while you may not like not having everything, I think the developers have sound reason to not give it to you. As others have said, if you don't like the arena award, don't do arena.

No. All this comment has succeeded in is failing to understand what's being said. You clearly haven't bothered to read any of the follow up comments. More Crystals would not improve things or bring things up to date. I called for the devs take a look at tired and outdated areas of reward and make them more meaningful, more relevent, more beneficial, more exciting and bring them uptodate with other newer fresher parts of the game. I asked the devs to look at specific areas which are becoming increasly outdated and to stir imagination, stimulate interest and spark new life into what is arguably the single biggest motivation behind focus and investment in this game.....The Meta!!!!
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited February 2020

No. All this comment has succeeded in is failing to understand what's being said. You clearly haven't bothered to read any of the follow up comments. More Crystals would not improve things or bring things up to date. I called for the devs take a look at tired and outdated areas of reward and make them more meaningful, more relevent, more beneficial, more exciting and bring them uptodate with other newer fresher parts of the game. I asked the devs to look at specific areas which are becoming increasly outdated and to stir imagination, stimulate interest and spark new life into what is arguably the single biggest motivation behind focus and investment in this game.....The Meta!!!!

Sorry, where was the word crystals used in that post?

• No. All this comment has succeeded in is failing to understand what's being said. You clearly haven't bothered to read any of the follow up comments. More Crystals would not improve things or bring things up to date. I called for the devs take a look at tired and outdated areas of reward and make them more meaningful, more relevent, more beneficial, more exciting and bring them uptodate with other newer fresher parts of the game. I asked the devs to look at specific areas which are becoming increasly outdated and to stir imagination, stimulate interest and spark new life into what is arguably the single biggest motivation behind focus and investment in this game.....The Meta!!!!

Sorry, where was the word crystals used in that post?

It doesn't. It implys I would be happy with just more. More of what currently is offered of which crystals is the main item.
  • It doesn't. It implys I would be happy with just more. More of what currently is offered of which crystals is the main item.

I mean the first two sentences just contradict each other anyway, but it doesn't imply more of what you get, you are just inferring that because you want to invalidate the rest of the post which is spot on about you whining about not getting the extra free stuff you want. Now I believe we were talking about me missing the point on what you wanted, care to elaborate yet?
  • It doesn't. It implys I would be happy with just more. More of what currently is offered of which crystals is the main item.

I mean the first two sentences just contradict each other anyway, but it doesn't imply more of what you get, you are just inferring that because you want to invalidate the rest of the post which is spot on about you whining about not getting the extra free stuff you want. Now I believe we were talking about me missing the point on what you wanted, care to elaborate yet?

Ok. Look forget the OP. The Krux of my point is this. There are areas of the game that have gone untouched since day 1. They no longer cater as well as they could given the current climate of the game. Arena, Galactic War, daily challenges. The rewards are outdated. They are NOT in date they are 3 years old. It is not inconceivable that fresh ideas, creativity and brainstorming on the part of the devs in the near future could not illuminate more meaniful and relevent reward which is more intune with the current direction of the game. In short they can be improved in some positive way shape or form making them more favourable and agreeable to the player base then what they currently do. Is that clear enough for you? So you can either say yes agree to some extent. Or you can say no they are perfect as they are and need absolutely no improvement.
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited February 2020

Ok. Look forget the OP. The Krux of my point is this. There are areas of the game that have gone untouched since day 1. They no longer cater as well as they could given the current climate of the game. Arena, Galactic War, daily challenges. The rewards are outdated. They are NOT in date they are 3 years old. It is not inconceivable that fresh ideas, creativity and brainstorming on the part of the devs in the near future could not illuminate more meaniful and relevent reward which is more intune with the current direction of the game. In short they can be improved in some positive way shape or form making them more favourable and agreeable to the player base then what they currently do. Is that clear enough for you? So you can either say yes agree to some extent. Or you can say no they are perfect as they are and need absolutely no improvement.

Anything can be updated, that does not mean it should be, and it is not inconceivable that it not being useful to you does not make it outdated or useless to everyone in the game, this has been put to you many times. Do you agree to some extent, or say no the rewards are absolutely worthless to everybody at every stage?

Also, why?

Ok. Look forget the OP.
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited February 2020

Anything can be updated, that does not mean it should be, and it is not inconceivable that it not being useful to you does not make it outdated or useless to everyone in the game, this has been put to you many times. Do you agree to some extent, or say no the rewards are absolutely worthless to everybody at every stage?

Also, why?

Ok. Look forget the OP.

Your over complicating this argument. I said It's out of date and should be looked at, at some point. It's a simple point It's not rocket science. I said forget the original OP because clearly this is being blown out of proportion. I agree it's still a reward in the sense that 1000 credits as an example is better then nothing and to a level 1 you could argue it's relevant. But I'm talking about the game as a whole. The game has evolved its a different beast now to what it was 3 years back. 150 crystals was far more valuable 3 years ago then it is today. The game has scaled. Their is arguably twice as much to farm as their was back then and now you have relics also. You can improve something without just ramping up a reward. For example for arena. You could Introduce titles and profile icons for achieving certain levels. That's a small thing but it can increase prestiege. You could rotate other useful charactors into arena stores. You could introduce bundles into arena rewards which offer relic mats other things which come in handy at different aspects of the game. The point is you can improve player experience immeasurable just by using a bit of initiative imagination and common sense. Things can easily grow stagnant and sometimes change is necessary to fan the flames of passion, enthusiasm, excitement! Maybe it's not a focus right now....maybe resources are already spread thin. That's fine. But don't tell it's fine as is. Bill gates didn't say windows 3.1 is fine then just sat idle he thought what if I want better then fine. It's called advancement, enhancement.....growth. What aspect of that are you struggling to grasp???
    Post edited by _Skystalker on

• Your over complicating this argument. I said It's out of date and should be looked at, at some point. It's a simple point It's not rocket science. I said forget the original OP because clearly this is being blown out of proportion. I agree it's still a reward in the sense that 1000 credits as an example is better then nothing and to a level 1 you could argue it's relevant. But I'm talking about the game as a whole. The game has evolved its a different beast now to what it was 3 years back. 150 crystals was far more valuable 3 years ago then it is today. The game has scaled. Their is arguably twice as much to farm as their was back then and now you have relics also. You can improve something without just ramping up a reward. For example for arena. You could Introduce titles and profile icons for achieving certain levels. That's a small thing but it can increase prestiege. You could rotate other useful charactors into arena stores. You could introduce bundles into arena rewards which offer relic mats other things which come in handy at different aspects of the game. The point is you can improve player experience immeasurable just by using a bit of initiative imagination and common sense. Things can easily grow stagnant and sometimes change is necessary to fan the flames of passion, enthusiasm, excitement! Maybe it's not a focus right now....maybe resources are already spread thin. That's fine. But don't tell it's fine as is. Bill gates didn't say windows 3.1 is fine then just sat idle he thought what if I want better then fine. It's called advancement, enhancement.....growth. What aspect of that are you struggling to grasp???

You're apparently overcomplicating my question, it was yes or no and I got a paragraph. You say you the arena needs new stuff because it limits progression, then suggest portraits and titles which many people are frustrated by because they don't help progression. As for your analogy, Bill Gates made a lot of money out of every later version of Windows.

Them changing out different old Squad arena store characters for other old characters that most people already have seven stars won't make CG money, it will only serve to frustrate the new players who suddenly can't reliably farm characters only accessible from that store, much like Logray and such from the guild store, whereas currently they seem satisfied and we can immensely speed up our progress towards preparing for the two new Capital ships that have arrived and two that are yet to come, or simply marginally buff out our credit levels if we aren't interested in ships. Bearing all that in mind... It's fine as it is.
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited February 2020

Your over complicating this argument. I said It's out of date and should be looked at, at some point. It's a simple point It's not rocket science. I said forget the original OP because clearly this is being blown out of proportion. I agree it's still a reward in the sense that 1000 credits as an example is better then nothing and to a level 1 you could argue it's relevant. But I'm talking about the game as a whole. The game has evolved its a different beast now to what it was 3 years back. 150 crystals was far more valuable 3 years ago then it is today. The game has scaled. Their is arguably twice as much to farm as their was back then and now you have relics also. You can improve something without just ramping up a reward. For example for arena. You could Introduce titles and profile icons for achieving certain levels. That's a small thing but it can increase prestiege. You could rotate other useful charactors into arena stores. You could introduce bundles into arena rewards which offer relic mats other things which come in handy at different aspects of the game. The point is you can improve player experience immeasurable just by using a bit of initiative imagination and common sense. Things can easily grow stagnant and sometimes change is necessary to fan the flames of passion, enthusiasm, excitement! Maybe it's not a focus right now....maybe resources are already spread thin. That's fine. But don't tell it's fine as is. Bill gates didn't say windows 3.1 is fine then just sat idle he thought what if I want better then fine. It's called advancement, enhancement.....growth. What aspect of that are you struggling to grasp???

You're apparently overcomplicating my question, it was yes or no and I got a paragraph. You say you the arena needs new stuff because it limits progression, then suggest portraits and titles which many people are frustrated by because they don't help progression. As for your analogy, Bill Gates made a lot of money out of every later version of Windows.

Them changing out different old Squad arena store characters for other old characters that most people already have seven stars won't make CG money, it will only serve to frustrate the new players who suddenly can't reliably farm characters only accessible from that store, much like Logray and such from the guild store, whereas currently they seem satisfied and we can immensely speed up our progress towards preparing for the two new Capital ships that have arrived and two that are yet to come, or simply marginally buff out our credit levels if we aren't interested in ships. Bearing all that in mind... It's fine as it is.

Maybe they should just hire you as the new director of Ideas & Creativity? They can pay you thousands of dollars for bringing absolutely nothing to the game? I’m bowled over In admiration of your imaginative genius. I can just imagine your first day in the office. The Directors of CG walk in, "So what can you bring to these areas in terms of improvement MR thecarterologist958? - hit us with your ideas!"

MR thecarterologist958 - "Errrrm, i don't have ideas....gulp. We could just leave it? I was thinking don't do anything?

CG Directors Board "Ummm - ERRM, what we paying this guy for?? - not one idea to improve something?

MR thecarterologist958 - " ummmmmm - nope natta one " ……..long ere silence

CG Directors Board " OK great, its perfect as it - Well let the DEV team have some holiday then. See you in a year.

LOL....Inspiring…..Can we close down the post please moderator? I am bored of communicating with people who’s ideas around innovation amount to less then that of a sparrow fart.
    Post edited by _Skystalker on
  • Maybe they should just hire you as the new director of Ideas & Creativity? They can pay you thousands of dollars for bringing absolutely nothing to the game? I’m bowled over In admiration of your imaginative genius. I can just imagine your first day in the office. The Directors of CG walk in, "So what can you bring to these areas in terms of improvement MR thecarterologist958? - hit us with your ideas!"

MR thecarterologist958 - "Errrrm, i don't have ideas....gulp. We could just leave it? I was thinking don't do anything?

CG Directors Board "Ummm - ERRM, what we paying this guy for?? - not one idea to improve something?

CG Directors Board " OK great, its perfect as it - Well let the DEV team have some holiday then. See you in a year.

LOL....Inspiring…..Can we close down the post please moderator? I am bored of communicating with people who’s ideas around innovation amount to less then that of a sparrow fart.

Do quote where I said I had no suggestions for improvement to the game, or where I said there was no room for improvement. Also if you have thousands of dollars to spare from your 15 years in marketing, I won't say no...
  • Maybe they should just hire you as the new director of Ideas & Creativity? They can pay you thousands of dollars for bringing absolutely nothing to the game? I’m bowled over In admiration of your imaginative genius. I can just imagine your first day in the office. The Directors of CG walk in, "So what can you bring to these areas in terms of improvement MR thecarterologist958? - hit us with your ideas!"

Do quote where I said I had no suggestions for improvement to the game, or where I said there was no room for improvement. Also if you have thousands of dollars to spare from your 15 years in marketing, I won't say no...

I said Arena / Daily Challenges / Galactic war are outdated in terms of rewards. I said they could use a bit of innovation, and bit of imagination to improve what is out of date. I came up with some very basic examples. I am not saying these examples are winning, or right or should be implemented but I am saying their is opportunity for these reward systems to be made better (improved upon). Your argument seems to be no, their actually spot on as they are. I disagree with that I think they could be improved because they are 3 years old. We could just agree to disagree at this point.

• I said Arena / Daily Challenges / Galactic war are outdated in terms of rewards. I said they could use a bit of innovation, and bit of imagination to improve what is out of date. I came up with some very basic examples. I am not saying these examples are winning, or right or should be implemented but I am saying their is opportunity for these reward systems to be made better (improved upon). Your argument seems to be no, their actually spot on as they are. I disagree with that I think they could be improved because they are 3 years old. We could just agree to disagree at this point.

I'm guessing you didn't find a quote then... and I expected no other outcome.