Arena Rewards are outdated.

Replies

• Maybe they should just hire you as the new director of Ideas & Creativity? They can pay you thousands of dollars for bringing absolutely nothing to the game? I’m bowled over In admiration of your imaginative genius. I can just imagine your first day in the office. The Directors of CG walk in, "So what can you bring to these areas in terms of improvement MR thecarterologist958? - hit us with your ideas!"

MR thecarterologist958 - "Errrrm, i don't have ideas....gulp. We could just leave it? I was thinking don't do anything?

CG Directors Board "Ummm - ERRM, what we paying this guy for?? - not one idea to improve something?

MR thecarterologist958 - " ummmmmm - nope natta one " ……..long ere silence

CG Directors Board " OK great, its perfect as it - Well let the DEV team have some holiday then. See you in a year.

LOL....Inspiring…..Can we close down the post please moderator? I am bored of communicating with people who’s ideas around innovation amount to less then that of a sparrow fart.

Do quote where I said I had no suggestions for improvement to the game, or where I said there was no room for improvement. Also if you have thousands of dollars to spare from your 15 years in marketing, I won't say no...

I said Arena / Daily Challenges / Galactic war are outdated in terms of rewards. I said they could use a bit of innovation, and bit of imagination to improve what is out of date. I came up with some very basic examples. I am not saying these examples are winning, or right or should be implemented but I am saying their is opportunity for these reward systems to be made better (improved upon). Your argument seems to be no, their actually spot on as they are. I disagree with that I think they could be improved because they are 3 years old. We could just agree to disagree at this point.

Yet any time someone disagrees with you, you mock their intelligence?

Your argument is Arena rewards are "out of date", mine and many others have the argument "arena rewards are fine". Let's see if you can indeed agree to disagree at this point.
  • I think arena rewards are just fine to most players. If they can add relics to arena store great, but if not no big deal
  • Maybe they should just hire you as the new director of Ideas & Creativity? They can pay you thousands of dollars for bringing absolutely nothing to the game? I’m bowled over In admiration of your imaginative genius. I can just imagine your first day in the office. The Directors of CG walk in, "So what can you bring to these areas in terms of improvement MR thecarterologist958? - hit us with your ideas!"

MR thecarterologist958 - "Errrrm, i don't have ideas....gulp. We could just leave it? I was thinking don't do anything?

CG Directors Board "Ummm - ERRM, what we paying this guy for?? - not one idea to improve something?

MR thecarterologist958 - " ummmmmm - nope natta one " ……..long ere silence

CG Directors Board " OK great, its perfect as it - Well let the DEV team have some holiday then. See you in a year.

LOL....Inspiring…..Can we close down the post please moderator? I am bored of communicating with people who’s ideas around innovation amount to less then that of a sparrow fart.

Do quote where I said I had no suggestions for improvement to the game, or where I said there was no room for improvement. Also if you have thousands of dollars to spare from your 15 years in marketing, I won't say no...

I said Arena / Daily Challenges / Galactic war are outdated in terms of rewards. I said they could use a bit of innovation, and bit of imagination to improve what is out of date. I came up with some very basic examples. I am not saying these examples are winning, or right or should be implemented but I am saying their is opportunity for these reward systems to be made better (improved upon). Your argument seems to be no, their actually spot on as they are. I disagree with that I think they could be improved because they are 3 years old. We could just agree to disagree at this point.

Idk what's your point of you arguing with other players here while CG has already said they will leave these reward systems as they are for the foreseeable future. Is GW outdated? Yes. Will they do something about it soon? No. As for arena, if you haven't spent any arena tokens then maybe you should work on capital ships

• I said Arena / Daily Challenges / Galactic war are outdated in terms of rewards. I said they could use a bit of innovation, and bit of imagination to improve what is out of date. I came up with some very basic examples. I am not saying these examples are winning, or right or should be implemented but I am saying their is opportunity for these reward systems to be made better (improved upon). Your argument seems to be no, their actually spot on as they are. I disagree with that I think they could be improved because they are 3 years old. We could just agree to disagree at this point.

I'm guessing you didn't find a quote then... and I expected no other outcome.

I was thinking of what I could be doing that's more enjoyable then explaining things to you over and over. So I picked up a pencil and stuck it through my eye and into my brain and swirled it around.

• I was thinking of what I could be doing that's more enjoyable then explaining things to you over and over. So I picked up a pencil and stuck it through my eye and into my brain and swirled it around.

Very relevant response. I'm guessing this is you agreeing to disagree?

• I said Arena / Daily Challenges / Galactic war are outdated in terms of rewards. I said they could use a bit of innovation, and bit of imagination to improve what is out of date. I came up with some very basic examples. I am not saying these examples are winning, or right or should be implemented but I am saying their is opportunity for these reward systems to be made better (improved upon). Your argument seems to be no, their actually spot on as they are. I disagree with that I think they could be improved because they are 3 years old. We could just agree to disagree at this point.

I'm guessing you didn't find a quote then... and I expected no other outcome.

I was thinking of what I could be doing that's more enjoyable then explaining things to you over and over. So I picked up a pencil and stuck it through my eye and into my brain and swirled it around.

Which end of the pencil? Just trying to get an accurate mental image.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Its not an argument. Its a fact that they are out of date. They are 3 YEARS old.

Does that mean that everything more than three years old is out of date? If so bad news...
  • Kinda hard for them to add new resource types to a store without creating some side effects. For example, say they add signal data to the squad store - great for those of us trying to upgrade G13 characters to relics, but essentially not usable to early/mid game players, so they'll just accumulate it. By the time they have their first squads in a position to relic, they could have more than enough signal data available without having to have farmed any of it.

You can then make arguments about changing the shop contents by level (which already exists in game), but those were pre-hyperdrive days, and diligent players would just hoard the currency anyway.

Would be better if any of the resource types you're looking for be added to the shard shop, where extra character shards serve as a universal currency exchange. I don't think you'd get any push back from the community on adding any of the additional resource gates like mod slicing materials or signal data to the shard shop.
  • One of the many things Dragon Champions got right is that they do not tie premium currency distribution to arena ranking, you just accumulate the currency from *gasp* playing the game. Arena (fleet included) is about my least favorite aspect of SWGOH, but I am forced to play it competitively if I want to stay current with the game since crystals don't come from anywhere else in usable quantities.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    One of the many things Dragon Champions got right is that they do not tie premium currency distribution to arena ranking, you just accumulate the currency from *gasp* playing the game. Arena (fleet included) is about my least favorite aspect of SWGOH, but I am forced to play it competitively if I want to stay current with the game since crystals don't come from anywhere else in usable quantities.

ngl, first time I've heard someone say they do anything right, let alone many things.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • One of the many things Dragon Champions got right is that they do not tie premium currency distribution to arena ranking, you just accumulate the currency from *gasp* playing the game. Arena (fleet included) is about my least favorite aspect of SWGOH, but I am forced to play it competitively if I want to stay current with the game since crystals don't come from anywhere else in usable quantities.

Um, what? They have basically the same arena structure as SWGOH. The crystal equivalent (dracoins) even have the exact same payouts between the two games based on rank.

Now, I don't pay that close of attention when mindlessly collecting dailies/tower rewards, but it sure feels like you get a similar amount of premium currency from those for free between both games.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    One of the many things Dragon Champions got right is that they do not tie premium currency distribution to arena ranking, you just accumulate the currency from *gasp* playing the game. Arena (fleet included) is about my least favorite aspect of SWGOH, but I am forced to play it competitively if I want to stay current with the game since crystals don't come from anywhere else in usable quantities.

Um, what? They have basically the same arena structure as SWGOH. The crystal equivalent (dracoins) even have the exact same payouts between the two games based on rank.

Now, I don't pay that close of attention when mindlessly collecting dailies/tower rewards, but it sure feels like you get a similar amount of premium currency from those for free between both games.

I played Dragon champions up to level 74 then quit. I just got sick and tired of doing the tower. Just takes too long. I don't regret quitting 1 little bit. The scrolls required for gearing I found unbearable. I prefer swgoh. I do prefer the in game packs they are far better value for money then swgoh. I did get to top 20 arena but I quickly found myself faced with guild players from popular swgoh guilds like Team Instinct with impossible gear levels. Big big spenders. A lot of players quit swgoh. I played both just for comparison. Conclusion... I much prefer swgoh. It's not perfect but I do enjoy it a lot more. It's a shame they downsized the resources aligned to the continued development of game. Perhaps we would be seeing updates and improvements more frequently and expansively.

I played Dragon champions up to level 74 then quit. I just got sick and tired of doing the tower. Just takes too long. I don't regret quitting 1 little bit. The scrolls required for gearing I found unbearable. I prefer swgoh. I do prefer the in game packs they are far better value for money then swgoh. I did get to top 20 arena but I quickly found myself faced with guilds players from popular swgoh guilds like Team instinct with impossible gear levels. Big big spenders. A lot of players quit swgoh I played bith just for comparison. Conclusion I prefer swgoh.

same conclusion, but DC is interesting enough that I haven't quit yet.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

I played Dragon champions up to level 74 then quit. I just got sick and tired of doing the tower. Just takes too long. I don't regret quitting 1 little bit. The scrolls required for gearing I found unbearable. I prefer swgoh. I do prefer the in game packs they are far better value for money then swgoh. I did get to top 20 arena but I quickly found myself faced with guilds players from popular swgoh guilds like Team instinct with impossible gear levels. Big big spenders. A lot of players quit swgoh I played bith just for comparison. Conclusion I prefer swgoh.

same conclusion, but DC is interesting enough that I haven't quit yet.

I think if I didn't have a family and real life commitments I might have kept playing but running both games side by side while managing the demands of 2 highly competitive guilds something had to give.
  • Here is another point, just because they are 3 years old, doesn't mean they are out of date. I'll argue that the game economy, with respect to crystals, has not changed. The crytsal cost of gear has not changed, and since game launch the cost of some of the refreshes has dropped. So, with respect to the primary reward, it has, if anything, improved over the course of time. And the addition of "new gear" to buy doesn't alter the basic economy, it just means a different resource to select.

The secondary reward is geared, as many has said, towards newer players. Once your collection is complete from the arean store, this just translates into some **** currency, like every other shop.

So, I'll say again, of all the rewards to update, Arena is the last one that should be discussed. HAAT and HSTR need touch ups for sure and a few events and some of the daily challenges can use a refresh way before even worrying about arena imo.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Here is another point, just because they are 3 years old, doesn't mean they are out of date. I'll argue that the game economy, with respect to crystals, has not changed. The crytsal cost of gear has not changed, and since game launch the cost of some of the refreshes has dropped. So, with respect to the primary reward, it has, if anything, improved over the course of time. And the addition of "new gear" to buy doesn't alter the basic economy, it just means a different resource to select.

The secondary reward is geared, as many has said, towards newer players. Once your collection is complete from the arean store, this just translates into some **** currency, like every other shop.

So, I'll say again, of all the rewards to update, Arena is the last one that should be discussed. HAAT and HSTR need touch ups for sure and a few events and some of the daily challenges can use a refresh way before even worrying about arena imo.

Ok listen up!! Let me try and give this a fresh perspective and try to capture for you my thought process behind making this post. You can not deny that players put a huge value and investment in arena rankings. I mean ask yourself a simple question where do your best mods and relics lie?? **In your arena team** The reality is most established players put  tremendous resource and emphasise on this aspect on the game. That's indisputable. Whether we like it or not their is an enormass and almost relentless dedication to obtaining the top spots. In terms of other game modes they are secondary compared to arena specifically when considering maxing things out. Most players strongest squad is arguably their arena squad. It's the Meta and it's famously talked about all over you tube channels dedicated to swgoh and players flock to channels revealing teams that dominate in this arena. CG themselves even put this aspect of the game on a pedestal by making the most desirable charactors the meta dominate charactors. Everyone desires the biggest baddest team. In terms of desire everything else is secondary for most part. So with that in mind is their an argument that the current reward available falls desperate short of the status and grandur that we and CG place on it because it seems to me a lot of peoples minds are bent on it and the investment to achieve it in so many cases is alarming. Furthermore.... do people who achieve this feel entirely and completely satisfied with the reward given the Everest in feat it is to not only achieve but to maintain???

If that's a resounding YESSS. I'll shut up 😁 anything less the that then you agreeing with me that it could be improved.
  • Here is another point, just because they are 3 years old, doesn't mean they are out of date. I'll argue that the game economy, with respect to crystals, has not changed. The crytsal cost of gear has not changed, and since game launch the cost of some of the refreshes has dropped. So, with respect to the primary reward, it has, if anything, improved over the course of time. And the addition of "new gear" to buy doesn't alter the basic economy, it just means a different resource to select.

Ok listen up!! Let me try and give this a fresh perspective and try to capture for you my thought process behind making this post. You can not deny that players put a huge value and investment in arena rankings. I mean ask yourself a simple question where do your best mods and relics lie?? **In your arena team** The reality is most established players put  tremendous resource and emphasise on this aspect on the game. That's indisputable. Whether we like it or not their is an enormass and almost relentless dedication to obtaining the top spots. In terms of other game modes they are secondary compared to arena specifically when considering maxing things out. Most players strongest squad is arguably their arena squad. It's the Meta and it's famously talked about all over you tube channels dedicated to swgoh and players flock to channels revealing teams that dominate in this arena. CG themselves even put this aspect of the game on a pedestal by making the most desirable charactors the meta dominate charactors. Everyone desires the biggest baddest team. In terms of desire everything else is secondary for most part. So with that in mind is their an argument that the current reward available falls desperate short of the status and grandur that we and CG place on it because it seems to me a lot of peoples minds are bent on it and the investment to achieve it in so many cases is alarming. Furthermore.... do people who achieve this feel entirely and completely satisfied with the reward given the Everest in feat it is to not only achieve but to maintain???

If that's a resounding Yes. I'll shut up 😁

Don't worry, we all understand just fine: you want more stuff from arena.

Thats great, not many would complain about getting more stuff. But that isn't how games like this work. There would need to be a give and take in reworking payout rewards, which is what everyone has been saying in this thread. Many in this thread do not believe that arena rewards should be reworked because they are designed to benefit early game players the most, while still maintaining value to end game players.

Thats great, not many would complain about getting more stuff. But that isn't how games like this work. There would need to be a give and take in reworking payout rewards, which is what everyone has been saying in this thread. Many in this thread do not believe that arena rewards should be reworked because they are designed to benefit early game players the most, while still maintaining value to end game players.

Ask yourself does it sufficiently reward the effort that goes into acheving it?? I actually place more importants on placing high in ship arena.

• Ok listen up!! Let me try and give this a fresh perspective and try to capture for you my thought process behind making this post. You can not deny that players put a huge value and investment in arena rankings. I mean ask yourself a simple question where do your best mods and relics lie?? **In your arena team** The reality is most established players put  tremendous resource and emphasise on this aspect on the game. That's indisputable. Whether we like it or not their is an enormass and almost relentless dedication to obtaining the top spots. In terms of other game modes they are secondary compared to arena specifically when considering maxing things out. Most players strongest squad is arguably their arena squad. It's the Meta and it's famously talked about all over you tube channels dedicated to swgoh and players flock to channels revealing teams that dominate in this arena. CG themselves even put this aspect of the game on a pedestal by making the most desirable charactors the meta dominate charactors. Everyone desires the biggest baddest team. In terms of desire everything else is secondary for most part. So with that in mind is their an argument that the current reward available falls desperate short of the status and grandur that we and CG place on it because it seems to me a lot of peoples minds are bent on it and the investment to achieve it in so many cases is alarming. Furthermore.... do people who achieve this feel entirely and completely satisfied with the reward given the Everest in feat it is to not only achieve but to maintain???

If that's a resounding YESSS. I'll shut up 😁 anything less the that then you agreeing with me that it could be improved.

You put your best mods on your best team even if arena never existed, otherwise you aren't making the most of it. Since arena does exist, why wouldn't you put your best team in? On a separate note, the team being good is given grandeur, the only credit given to arena is the crystals you say you don't think need to change. If that's enough for you, it's enough, if not, come out and say you want more free stuff. Do you like the crystals or do you want more stuff for the same effort?

Ask yourself does it sufficiently reward the effort that goes into acheving it?? I actually place more importants on placing high in ship arena.

Yeah, it does imo. Crystals are the ultimate resource, and 1st place in squad pays out nearly $5 of crystals per day.

Even in you example, you say fleet is better. I bet it is because you can get zetas from the fleet currency. Now realize that to get a better fleet currency, you need to trade off crystals. I would rather not get less crystals from arena for more gear salvage.

It's a resounding Yes. These are the best most consistent rewards in game. Always have been. You are beating a dead horse on this topic.

And now you are changing the subject to effort, because you can't defend outdated. And if you consider 4 to 12 minutes of time a day an Everest feat (that is what taking 1 in arena means for me daily and has for the last 2 + years) then you must consider HSTR going to the moon, because that is 45 minutes of time for hopefully a top 10 finish with a good rng drop.

Plenty of things to gripe about in this game, just don't think arena rewards are one of them.

And before you play the "well he is a Kraken" card, I have spent less on this game over the same period of time as I do Netflix, so not even a small dolphin. Probably an irate sea bass waiting for laser beams.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • AntiFunn wrote: »
    Yeah, we all know what the devs said way back.
    But still, it would be awesome if we could get some other faction char's in there.
    Maybe one of the Clones, an Ewok etc. (not all but one at the very least).

THIS ^^^^

The one thing I'd like to see is to have the factions split up more.

Instead of 3 people in 1 location, 2 in another & ZERO in 3 more, how about 1 in every location.

(Phoenix & First Order farming comes to mind & even those aren't perfect)

Examples:

Swap Tarkin & Storm Trooper in the stores so all 3 Fleet Commanders aren't in Arena.

Swap Leia & Pao in the stores so your not having 2 of the CLS crew in same store.

Swap Greedo & FOX so you have a FO character in Arena Store.

There are a ton of little changes like that, that could be done to simplify farming up teams.
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I Love the fact some of you (I am not going to say `who` are desperate to pigeon hole me as “The Spoilt KID, Wanting MORE crystals!” in some misguided bid for superiority in this debate (Allegedly, nothings been proven…YET) Perhaps It comes off this way for my part buts its not intentional so apologies. I am not even sure anymore this this is the right platform for debating this as it seems there are more people here who love debating this game then actually playing it and the same few people rotating comment.

Ok that’s fine…..but think about this. Why do people play arena? Why does it even exist as a game mode? Its because people like to compete against others right? Why do they like to compete? Its not for the OUTDATED 50k credits. It’s certainly not for the OUTDATED handful of ARENA shop currency. Its for Crystals and STATUS! People love status, its in everything. Work, Sport, Gaming Etc.

CG Know this, that’s why they brought out GAC. What does GAC have that arena does not? STATUS rewards. Titles, Prestige, Rankings, Profile icons, leagues - its a drenching in STATUS!!! All the things we associate with STATUS!! We love it its undeniable. We lap it up and cant get enough of it! We have all gone out and raced to BUILD up our GAC teams!!!! - Their is also a nice reward pack in terms of material items admittedly but the point is made.

Lets go back to arena. Does that offer status? NO not really. Its offers crystals and some small amount of credits and some shop currency. The only status is a rank which changes pretty much every few minutes. So in terms of status, it does not compare to GAC in that sense. The DEVS know this ok, which means 2 things. Either they are happy with arena as is or they simply haven’t had time to update it and I believe is the latter of the 2 and its probably on their agenda.

So my question is this. Why do people spend money? To BUY gear, and to chase the META. OK so why do players want to be META dominate? / it’s not `just` to get crystals because you spend more then you get back (IN MOST CASES LETS NOT ARGUE the FTP point) its like gambling in that sense spend to accumulate. People are buying STATUS, and AREA does not provide STATUS in the same way GAC DOES.

GAC is a NEW GAME MODE, an **UPDATED** GAME Mode born FROM NEW IDEAS! Arena is an OLD GAME MODE which lacks REWARD in terms of STATUS!

So HOW do you get players to SPEND MORE? You increase the STATUS on offer from that particular GAME mode in order to make it MORE desirable to all those players with itchy fingers hovering over the microtransaction button!!!!

From the point of arena they are missing a trick! They could arguably transform / upgrade this to INFLATE & MAXIMIZE spend for those who seek STATUS.

So going back to my original POST `ARENA is Outdated. YES in this sense, in the commercial sense It is fundamentally outdated because they can absolutely, unequivocally, undeniably capitalise on this further,and that my friends is a FACT and the point you all fail to GRASP!

You can go back and forth, twist my previous comments around to suit your narrative but the above is valid and just saying its fine (as is) just proves a.... (and I quote Emperor Palpartine here) "Lack of Vision"

It's a resounding Yes. These are the best most consistent rewards in game. Always have been. You are beating a dead horse on this topic.

And now you are changing the subject to effort, because you can't defend outdated. And if you consider 4 to 12 minutes of time a day an Everest feat (that is what taking 1 in arena means for me daily and has for the last 2 + years) then you must consider HSTR going to the moon, because that is 45 minutes of time for hopefully a top 10 finish with a good rng drop.

Plenty of things to gripe about in this game, just don't think arena rewards are one of them.

And before you play the "well he is a Kraken" card, I have spent less on this game over the same period of time as I do Netflix, so not even a small dolphin. Probably an irate sea bass waiting for laser beams.

Cant defend outdated. i just did. :)
  • I Love the fact some of you (I am not going to say `who` are desperate to pigeon hole me as “The Spoilt KID, Wanting MORE crystals!” in some misguided bid for superiority in this debate (Allegedly, nothings been proven…YET) Perhaps It comes off this way for my part buts its not intentional so apologies. I am not even sure anymore this this is the right platform for debating this as it seems there are more people here who love debating this game then actually playing it and the same few people rotating comment.

Ok that’s fine…..but think about this. Why do people play arena? Why does it even exist as a game mode? Its because people like to compete against others right? Why do they like to compete? Its not for the OUTDATED 50k credits. It’s certainly not for the OUTDATED handful of ARENA shop currency. Its for Crystals and STATUS! People love status, its in everything. Work, Sport, Gaming Etc.

CG Know this, that’s why they brought out GAC. What does GAC have that arena does not? STATUS rewards. Titles, Prestige, Rankings, Profile icons, leagues - its a drenching in STATUS!!! All the things we associate with STATUS!! We love it its undeniable. We lap it up and cant get enough of it! We have all gone out and raced to BUILD up our GAC teams!!!! - Their is also a nice reward pack in terms of material items admittedly but the point is made.

Lets go back to arena. Does that offer status? NO not really. Its offers crystals and some small amount of credits and some shop currency. The only status is a rank which changes pretty much every few minutes. So in terms of status, it does not compare to GAC in that sense. The DEVS know this ok, which means 2 things. Either they are happy with arena as is or they simply haven’t had time to update it and I believe is the latter of the 2 and its probably on their agenda.

So my question is this. Why do people spend money? To BUY gear, and to chase the META. OK so why do players want to be META dominate? / it’s not `just` to get crystals because you spend more then you get back (IN MOST CASES LETS NOT ARGUE the FTP point) its like gambling in that sense spend to accumulate. People are buying STATUS, and AREA does not provide STATUS in the same way GAC DOES.

GAC is a NEW GAME MODE, an **UPDATED** GAME Mode born FROM NEW IDEAS! Arena is an OLD GAME MODE which lacks REWARD in terms of STATUS!

So HOW do you get players to SPEND MORE? You increase the STATUS on offer from that particular GAME mode in order to make it MORE desirable to all those players with itchy fingers hovering over the microtransaction button!!!!

From the point of arena they are missing a trick! They could arguably transform / upgrade this to INFLATE & MAXIMIZE spend for those who seek STATUS.

So going back to my original POST `ARENA is Outdated. YES in this sense, in the commercial sense It is fundamentally outdated because they can absolutely, unequivocally, undeniably capitalise on this further,and that my friends is a FACT and the point you all fail to GRASP!

You can go back and forth, twist my previous comments around to suit your narrative but the above is valid and just saying its fine (as is) just proves a.... (and I quote Emperor Palpartine here) "Lack of Vision"
    Wow.

I hadn't expected to be convinced by something you posted, but I've underestimated you. And you did it being largely polite - well done.

Tying in some profile pics / achievement rewards would actually be a nice touch. I would still do Arena for the crystals, but some non-game-changing stuff on the side would be nice.

I also think some alternative spend for arena currency would be a good change. For newer players they should of course farm the toon shards, but for people who have everything they are only now choosing between prestige and shards for shard store. Would be nice if some mod slicing mats / relic mats were in there too at a non-game-breaking exchange rate.

• I Love the fact some of you (I am not going to say `who` are desperate to pigeon hole me as “The Spoilt KID, Wanting MORE crystals!” in some misguided bid for superiority in this debate (Allegedly, nothings been proven…YET) Perhaps It comes off this way for my part buts its not intentional so apologies. I am not even sure anymore this this is the right platform for debating this as it seems there are more people here who love debating this game then actually playing it and the same few people rotating comment.

Wow.

I hadn't expected to be convinced by something you posted, but I've underestimated you. And you did it being largely polite - well done.

Tying in some profile pics / achievement rewards would actually be a nice touch. I would still do Arena for the crystals, but some non-game-changing stuff on the side would be nice.

I also think some alternative spend for arena currency would be a good change. For newer players they should of course farm the toon shards, but for people who have everything they are only now choosing between prestige and shards for shard store. Would be nice if some mod slicing mats / relic mats were in there too at a non-game-breaking exchange rate.

hahah - that did make me chuckle. Someone agreeing with me....feels oddly unsettling. I don't think is going to last though. but thanks, i have been trying to say all along its outdated and it definitely could use some love. Maybe i should have opened with this post lol. oh well that's clearly my failure.

So now you are suggesting to add title and portrait to arena rewards? Lmao. You do realize there are arena shard chats so these statuses can be attained fairly easily
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Well I for one do not care one bit about status, in fact one of the most annoying things about recent events is they've completely removed any rewards for completion and replaced them with titles and portraits I have zero interest in. Titles and portraits don't have any in-game use so I have no use for them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH