GAC matchmaking - supposed to be funny?

Replies

  • TVF
    25900 posts Member
    edited February 2
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    It's not GP it's top GP.

    If they have more G13, they're top heavy and you have more depth.

    ...and they win. Especially if they have 24 relic toons and you have 16.

    I literally said that I have less relic toons and I win, but sure, ok.

    Do you have R7 GAS when your opponents do not? I ask because that was literally part of my quote you left out. But sure, ok.

    I didn't before, I do now, and I won either way. I used my 6* G11 UP differently than my R7 UP.

    Maybe people should get more counters instead of blaming matchmaking.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Thread Summary

    People who understand how to get better and beat the odds: "hey maybe if you just tried to-"
    People who are bad and want to throw a pity party: "IT ARE BROKEN GAEM IS SUKK"

    You forgot about the people who win consistently but are willing to acknowledge that perhaps there are flaws in matchmaking....only Sith speak in absolutes. But why argue with facts when you can build stramen and beat them up? Amiright? Have fun.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Waqui
    7854 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Relic toons are weighted horribly in matchmaking.
    GP is a bad matchmaker regardless of how many toons it factors in, the system still needs to be worked on.

    I have not heard one good reason for using GP as basis for matchmaking. It is possibly the worst and laziest way to do it.

    Matches based on gear levels would be better.
    Because g12 Ugnaught is absolutely equal to g12 Malak! :D
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Matches based on Arena ranks would be better.
    Because #1 in a 2m GP arena shard is the perfect match for #1 in a 5m GP arena shard! :D
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Matches based on meta characters would be better.
    Current meta only? What about all the rest?
    Include past metas? How many and which ones?
    What do you do with all the players you can't find exact matches for?
    What do you do when players come complaining that mirror matches are boring and it's unfair that their mirror opponent has better mods?
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Pretty much anything would be better than GP.
    Apparently not.

    You give it your best effort to misunderstand me.
    Nope, I read exactly what you wrote, rolled my eyes, laughed and dissected it.
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Of course the matchmaking based in arena rank would have to consider your brackets! That’s how Arena currently works too. Duh!
    You literally said
    "I have not heard one good reason for using GP as basis for matchmaking. It is possibly the worst and laziest way to do it."
    and now you are saying that Divisions by GP are necessary. Well those Divisions are a part of matchmaking and they are based on GP. Duh!
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    The Ugnauth Malak example is the black swan and would virtually have no impact because people typically gear up their strong toons, but their useless ones. BTW: the same argument can be made with GP. A G12 Malak is not much different from a G12 Ugnaught in terms of GP.
    People farm and gear all sorts of toons for a variety of reasons including that they just happen to like the character. That was a big problem with total GP matchmaking, less so with top {x} GP.

    Malak has 5 abilities and 2 zetas, Ugnaught has 3 abilities 1 of which doesn't even have an omega so on rhat basis alone there will be a significant difference in GP between them at comparable gear levels and likely more from the differences in gear pieces each one needs to reach that level.

    You have no clue what GP actually represents do you.
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    And certain metas should impact the matchmaking if it is done well. The current GP matching btw. tries to do that, but fails since (to stay with the previous example) the GP for Malak is higher than a similar geared Ugnaught, but the GP difference is too small to reflect the meta status of Malak.
    A meta is not one toon, it is a squad, usually with a number of variants. Any attempt to measure the combat potential of an individual toon is going to be inherently flawed because that potential depends greatly on the toon's squadmates and the opposing squad.

    GP does not in any way shape or form attempt to reflect the relative strength of metas. Period. It is a measure of resource investment, nothing more.
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    I really don’t understand all the people defending this broken matchmaking system.
    Clearly there are many things you do not understand, starting with the difference between defending the system and countering ignorance and stupidity.
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Finally: People with better rosters like to talk about skill, but when I review the GAC matches of my opponents I see wins for meta vs non-meta and wins for better gear/toon vs weaker gear/toon. Skill? Rarely a factor...
    You really are clueless.

    SWGoH is a collecting game, not just a combat sim. Grand arena success is a combination of roster management, strategy and skill in battle.

    Imperfect though it may be, GP actually does make sense in that context and perhaps more importantly any alternative which attempts to gauge combat power alone will be much more complex (if it is even feasible) with no guarantee it will produce better matches.
    Let me try again (for the last time):
    1) We are talking about using GP for GAC specifically. I am not advocating for changing GP as factor in every game aspect. GAC and Arena follow row completely different approaches. Arena is not meant to match similar players. You can have a 2mm player in the same shard with a 5mm player, but they probably won’t be close in rank. So you are wrong with your first point!
    2) g12 and g13 are significant for every toon. You cannot discuss that factor away. And you are plainly wrong regarding the “significant” difference in GP. If the difference is 21k vs 26k then that’s nothing when the matchmaking logic is looking at top 80 GP.
    3) don’t assume I don’t understand things only because I don’t agree with you. I know exactly how gear, abilities and level drive GP, but I still think it’s a bad indicator for a man even GAC matchmaking (see my point 2)
    4) with your response to meta toons you are exactly making my point. BECAUSE metas are not reflected accurately by GP it should be considered separately in GAC matchmaking. And your “there are not meta toons, only meta teams” argument is irrelevant, because obviously almost every toon is used in teams with synergies, but specific toons make teams so powerful that they are considered metas.
    Finally: you indirectly calling me and my post stupid and ignorant says more about you than me! I am well aware what type of game swgoh is (I play this game probably longer than you) and don’t need you to explain this to me.
    Reading through all your response your argument basically boils down to: using anything else than GP is to complex. Now read my initial post. THATS why I wrote that matchmaking based on GP is lazy! But there are better ways as I explained...


    Regarding your 3rd point:
    If you assume, that the goal is to make even matches, I believe you'll be disappointed. Nothing indicates that this is CG's goal. Matches were intended to be more even than before championships were introduced - and they are - but that's about it. CG of course want to maintain the incentive to improve your roster.

    As an aside, where is the incentive for roster development on the part of the person who has the "easy" side? The incentive for roster improvement exists everywhere else in the game.

    As it also does in GAC. If the player "on the easy side" stops improving his roster, he won't stay on the easy side forever. Quite simple, really.

  • Waqui wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Relic toons are weighted horribly in matchmaking.
    GP is a bad matchmaker regardless of how many toons it factors in, the system still needs to be worked on.

    I have not heard one good reason for using GP as basis for matchmaking. It is possibly the worst and laziest way to do it.

    Matches based on gear levels would be better.
    Because g12 Ugnaught is absolutely equal to g12 Malak! :D
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Matches based on Arena ranks would be better.
    Because #1 in a 2m GP arena shard is the perfect match for #1 in a 5m GP arena shard! :D
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Matches based on meta characters would be better.
    Current meta only? What about all the rest?
    Include past metas? How many and which ones?
    What do you do with all the players you can't find exact matches for?
    What do you do when players come complaining that mirror matches are boring and it's unfair that their mirror opponent has better mods?
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Pretty much anything would be better than GP.
    Apparently not.

    You give it your best effort to misunderstand me.
    Nope, I read exactly what you wrote, rolled my eyes, laughed and dissected it.
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Of course the matchmaking based in arena rank would have to consider your brackets! That’s how Arena currently works too. Duh!
    You literally said
    "I have not heard one good reason for using GP as basis for matchmaking. It is possibly the worst and laziest way to do it."
    and now you are saying that Divisions by GP are necessary. Well those Divisions are a part of matchmaking and they are based on GP. Duh!
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    The Ugnauth Malak example is the black swan and would virtually have no impact because people typically gear up their strong toons, but their useless ones. BTW: the same argument can be made with GP. A G12 Malak is not much different from a G12 Ugnaught in terms of GP.
    People farm and gear all sorts of toons for a variety of reasons including that they just happen to like the character. That was a big problem with total GP matchmaking, less so with top {x} GP.

    Malak has 5 abilities and 2 zetas, Ugnaught has 3 abilities 1 of which doesn't even have an omega so on rhat basis alone there will be a significant difference in GP between them at comparable gear levels and likely more from the differences in gear pieces each one needs to reach that level.

    You have no clue what GP actually represents do you.
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    And certain metas should impact the matchmaking if it is done well. The current GP matching btw. tries to do that, but fails since (to stay with the previous example) the GP for Malak is higher than a similar geared Ugnaught, but the GP difference is too small to reflect the meta status of Malak.
    A meta is not one toon, it is a squad, usually with a number of variants. Any attempt to measure the combat potential of an individual toon is going to be inherently flawed because that potential depends greatly on the toon's squadmates and the opposing squad.

    GP does not in any way shape or form attempt to reflect the relative strength of metas. Period. It is a measure of resource investment, nothing more.
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    I really don’t understand all the people defending this broken matchmaking system.
    Clearly there are many things you do not understand, starting with the difference between defending the system and countering ignorance and stupidity.
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Finally: People with better rosters like to talk about skill, but when I review the GAC matches of my opponents I see wins for meta vs non-meta and wins for better gear/toon vs weaker gear/toon. Skill? Rarely a factor...
    You really are clueless.

    SWGoH is a collecting game, not just a combat sim. Grand arena success is a combination of roster management, strategy and skill in battle.

    Imperfect though it may be, GP actually does make sense in that context and perhaps more importantly any alternative which attempts to gauge combat power alone will be much more complex (if it is even feasible) with no guarantee it will produce better matches.
    Let me try again (for the last time):
    1) We are talking about using GP for GAC specifically. I am not advocating for changing GP as factor in every game aspect. GAC and Arena follow row completely different approaches. Arena is not meant to match similar players. You can have a 2mm player in the same shard with a 5mm player, but they probably won’t be close in rank. So you are wrong with your first point!
    2) g12 and g13 are significant for every toon. You cannot discuss that factor away. And you are plainly wrong regarding the “significant” difference in GP. If the difference is 21k vs 26k then that’s nothing when the matchmaking logic is looking at top 80 GP.
    3) don’t assume I don’t understand things only because I don’t agree with you. I know exactly how gear, abilities and level drive GP, but I still think it’s a bad indicator for a man even GAC matchmaking (see my point 2)
    4) with your response to meta toons you are exactly making my point. BECAUSE metas are not reflected accurately by GP it should be considered separately in GAC matchmaking. And your “there are not meta toons, only meta teams” argument is irrelevant, because obviously almost every toon is used in teams with synergies, but specific toons make teams so powerful that they are considered metas.
    Finally: you indirectly calling me and my post stupid and ignorant says more about you than me! I am well aware what type of game swgoh is (I play this game probably longer than you) and don’t need you to explain this to me.
    Reading through all your response your argument basically boils down to: using anything else than GP is to complex. Now read my initial post. THATS why I wrote that matchmaking based on GP is lazy! But there are better ways as I explained...


    Regarding your 3rd point:
    If you assume, that the goal is to make even matches, I believe you'll be disappointed. Nothing indicates that this is CG's goal. Matches were intended to be more even than before championships were introduced - and they are - but that's about it. CG of course want to maintain the incentive to improve your roster.

    As an aside, where is the incentive for roster development on the part of the person who has the "easy" side? The incentive for roster improvement exists everywhere else in the game.

    As it also does in GAC. If the player "on the easy side" stops improving his roster, he won't stay on the easy side forever. Quite simple, really.

    Funny. When a person takes multiple attacks to get through my multi relic Nightsister team. I never think "Wow, I should work on those." I'm glad you're made up intentions fit your flimsy argument so simply. It's silliness like this thread that made the self-imposed vacation from the forums such a pleasant time. A few days back and I think it's time for another. :D


    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Thread Summary

    People who understand how to get better and beat the odds: "hey maybe if you just tried to-"
    People who are bad and want to throw a pity party: "IT ARE BROKEN GAEM IS SUKK"

    Summary of your post:
    I don’t have any real arguments to contribute, so I just assume people’s intentions and make up stuff while completely ignoring the facts!
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Reading through all your response your argument basically boils down to: using anything else than GP is to complex. Now read my initial post. THATS why I wrote that matchmaking based on GP is lazy! But there are better ways as I explained...

    You seem confident. Could you give us a summary of this algorithm that guarantees absolute balance between rosters and can be calculated on the scale of thousands of players in a short space of time?
  • Waqui
    7854 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Relic toons are weighted horribly in matchmaking.
    GP is a bad matchmaker regardless of how many toons it factors in, the system still needs to be worked on.

    I have not heard one good reason for using GP as basis for matchmaking. It is possibly the worst and laziest way to do it.

    Matches based on gear levels would be better.
    Because g12 Ugnaught is absolutely equal to g12 Malak! :D
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Matches based on Arena ranks would be better.
    Because #1 in a 2m GP arena shard is the perfect match for #1 in a 5m GP arena shard! :D
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Matches based on meta characters would be better.
    Current meta only? What about all the rest?
    Include past metas? How many and which ones?
    What do you do with all the players you can't find exact matches for?
    What do you do when players come complaining that mirror matches are boring and it's unfair that their mirror opponent has better mods?
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Pretty much anything would be better than GP.
    Apparently not.

    You give it your best effort to misunderstand me.
    Nope, I read exactly what you wrote, rolled my eyes, laughed and dissected it.
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Of course the matchmaking based in arena rank would have to consider your brackets! That’s how Arena currently works too. Duh!
    You literally said
    "I have not heard one good reason for using GP as basis for matchmaking. It is possibly the worst and laziest way to do it."
    and now you are saying that Divisions by GP are necessary. Well those Divisions are a part of matchmaking and they are based on GP. Duh!
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    The Ugnauth Malak example is the black swan and would virtually have no impact because people typically gear up their strong toons, but their useless ones. BTW: the same argument can be made with GP. A G12 Malak is not much different from a G12 Ugnaught in terms of GP.
    People farm and gear all sorts of toons for a variety of reasons including that they just happen to like the character. That was a big problem with total GP matchmaking, less so with top {x} GP.

    Malak has 5 abilities and 2 zetas, Ugnaught has 3 abilities 1 of which doesn't even have an omega so on rhat basis alone there will be a significant difference in GP between them at comparable gear levels and likely more from the differences in gear pieces each one needs to reach that level.

    You have no clue what GP actually represents do you.
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    And certain metas should impact the matchmaking if it is done well. The current GP matching btw. tries to do that, but fails since (to stay with the previous example) the GP for Malak is higher than a similar geared Ugnaught, but the GP difference is too small to reflect the meta status of Malak.
    A meta is not one toon, it is a squad, usually with a number of variants. Any attempt to measure the combat potential of an individual toon is going to be inherently flawed because that potential depends greatly on the toon's squadmates and the opposing squad.

    GP does not in any way shape or form attempt to reflect the relative strength of metas. Period. It is a measure of resource investment, nothing more.
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    I really don’t understand all the people defending this broken matchmaking system.
    Clearly there are many things you do not understand, starting with the difference between defending the system and countering ignorance and stupidity.
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Finally: People with better rosters like to talk about skill, but when I review the GAC matches of my opponents I see wins for meta vs non-meta and wins for better gear/toon vs weaker gear/toon. Skill? Rarely a factor...
    You really are clueless.

    SWGoH is a collecting game, not just a combat sim. Grand arena success is a combination of roster management, strategy and skill in battle.

    Imperfect though it may be, GP actually does make sense in that context and perhaps more importantly any alternative which attempts to gauge combat power alone will be much more complex (if it is even feasible) with no guarantee it will produce better matches.
    Let me try again (for the last time):
    1) We are talking about using GP for GAC specifically. I am not advocating for changing GP as factor in every game aspect. GAC and Arena follow row completely different approaches. Arena is not meant to match similar players. You can have a 2mm player in the same shard with a 5mm player, but they probably won’t be close in rank. So you are wrong with your first point!
    2) g12 and g13 are significant for every toon. You cannot discuss that factor away. And you are plainly wrong regarding the “significant” difference in GP. If the difference is 21k vs 26k then that’s nothing when the matchmaking logic is looking at top 80 GP.
    3) don’t assume I don’t understand things only because I don’t agree with you. I know exactly how gear, abilities and level drive GP, but I still think it’s a bad indicator for a man even GAC matchmaking (see my point 2)
    4) with your response to meta toons you are exactly making my point. BECAUSE metas are not reflected accurately by GP it should be considered separately in GAC matchmaking. And your “there are not meta toons, only meta teams” argument is irrelevant, because obviously almost every toon is used in teams with synergies, but specific toons make teams so powerful that they are considered metas.
    Finally: you indirectly calling me and my post stupid and ignorant says more about you than me! I am well aware what type of game swgoh is (I play this game probably longer than you) and don’t need you to explain this to me.
    Reading through all your response your argument basically boils down to: using anything else than GP is to complex. Now read my initial post. THATS why I wrote that matchmaking based on GP is lazy! But there are better ways as I explained...


    Regarding your 3rd point:
    If you assume, that the goal is to make even matches, I believe you'll be disappointed. Nothing indicates that this is CG's goal. Matches were intended to be more even than before championships were introduced - and they are - but that's about it. CG of course want to maintain the incentive to improve your roster.

    As an aside, where is the incentive for roster development on the part of the person who has the "easy" side? The incentive for roster improvement exists everywhere else in the game.

    As it also does in GAC. If the player "on the easy side" stops improving his roster, he won't stay on the easy side forever. Quite simple, really.

    Funny. When a person takes multiple attacks to get through my multi relic Nightsister team. I never think "Wow, I should work on those."

    Well, feel free to not unlock any new META characters and not improve your current teams for the next year, and see how it works out for you. I'm sure you will see, that it will slowly become more and more difficult to win. It's quite simple, really.
  • Short answer. Yes its supposed to be funny because its not based on fair.

    Just keep deepening your roster and eventually you will be fine... aka whale harder man
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Ok. When is CG going to address the elephant in the room? Namely matchmaking based on GP?

    My first opponent this round in GAC has the same GP, but 25 G13 (many R5+).
    I have 10 G13 toons.

    So I will do what I did last round: set my lowest lvl 1 toons on defense and let the clock run out...

    Because I am not going to waste time on this if CG is unable or unwilling to come up with a better matchmaking logic. (Which actually would be quite simple)

    Ok. My next opponent has 26 G13 toons...

    ... but all is working perfectly as intended?!?
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Ok. When is CG going to address the elephant in the room? Namely matchmaking based on GP?

    My first opponent this round in GAC has the same GP, but 25 G13 (many R5+).
    I have 10 G13 toons.

    So I will do what I did last round: set my lowest lvl 1 toons on defense and let the clock run out...

    Because I am not going to waste time on this if CG is unable or unwilling to come up with a better matchmaking logic. (Which actually would be quite simple)

    Ok. My next opponent has 26 G13 toons...

    ... but all is working perfectly as intended?!?

    At least it’s consistent.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Gifafi
    5060 posts Member
    funny ha ha or
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • There is no "fair." There never has been. You should just drop that notion right now.
    It's a mini-tournament with brackets sorted by GP. That's all it is and you should get used to it because that's all it will ever be. If you find yourself consistently losing because your X heroes are not as good as the other guy's, then guess what you need to work on?
  • I'm wondering if pursuing the GL reqs will be a disadvantage in GA matchmaking (prior to unlocking GLs). If I get FOST and FOO to R5 while my opponents are getting more valuable toons to R5, will that make it harder for me to win?
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Ok. When is CG going to address the elephant in the room? Namely matchmaking based on GP?

    My first opponent this round in GAC has the same GP, but 25 G13 (many R5+).
    I have 10 G13 toons.

    So I will do what I did last round: set my lowest lvl 1 toons on defense and let the clock run out...

    Because I am not going to waste time on this if CG is unable or unwilling to come up with a better matchmaking logic. (Which actually would be quite simple)

    Ok. My next opponent has 26 G13 toons...

    ... but all is working perfectly as intended?!?

    What are your relic level comparisons? I would be willing to bet you are in 1 of two situations:
    1: bunch of r7s vs more lower relics
    2: less relics, but significantly more g12 and zetas

    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »

    Ok. My next opponent has 26 G13 toons...

    ... but all is working perfectly as intended?!?

    Is that a no on the algorithm front?
  • TVF
    25900 posts Member
    0dysseusK wrote: »
    I'm wondering if pursuing the GL reqs will be a disadvantage in GA matchmaking (prior to unlocking GLs). If I get FOST and FOO to R5 while my opponents are getting more valuable toons to R5, will that make it harder for me to win?

    Depends how good the GL are.

    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    It's not GP it's top GP.

    If they have more G13, they're top heavy and you have more depth.

    ...and they win. Especially if they have 24 relic toons and you have 16.

    I've been in brackets where a player with R7 GAS +all relic 501st is facing a player who doesn't have a single character of 30k GP (R7 GAS is 37k+). It was - and always will be a route. Most meta teams (GAS, DR/Malak, GG, etc.) can't be beaten down by depth. Either you have the counters and can beat them or you don't.

    Matchmaking is poor at best. I'm not sure, with all of the well documented flaws, bugs and issues in this game, why people think that CG got something as complicated as matchmaking in a constantly changing environment miraculously right.

    You made some good points, and those were deleted out of the responses. So I’ll just leave the full quote here lol.

    Another thought I’ve had for a while: I’ve noticed that most of my blowouts (I typically do the winning) happen in the first round of a GAC. If the MM system were as good as people claim, shouldn’t we get the best matches in the first round? I mean there’s literally everyone in my division available for the algorithm to select from.

    In an ideal world, skill would be what separates people over time. Most of my first round matches end in my opponent not even participating (some didn’t have DR or JKR). It’s almost like the sim button version of GAC lol.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    It's not GP it's top GP.

    If they have more G13, they're top heavy and you have more depth.

    ...and they win. Especially if they have 24 relic toons and you have 16.

    I've been in brackets where a player with R7 GAS +all relic 501st is facing a player who doesn't have a single character of 30k GP (R7 GAS is 37k+). It was - and always will be a route. Most meta teams (GAS, DR/Malak, GG, etc.) can't be beaten down by depth. Either you have the counters and can beat them or you don't.

    Matchmaking is poor at best. I'm not sure, with all of the well documented flaws, bugs and issues in this game, why people think that CG got something as complicated as matchmaking in a constantly changing environment miraculously right.

    Another thought I’ve had for a while: I’ve noticed that most of my blowouts (I typically do the winning) happen in the first round of a GAC.

    If you think about it, this is how normal tournament seeding works. You don’t want the 2 best playing each other in the first round.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's not GP it's top GP.

    If they have more G13, they're top heavy and you have more depth.

    I have less G13 than most I am matched again and I win almost every round. Finished 28th Div 1 Kyber last GAC

    Depth doesn't matter if your entire roster can't get past the R7 teams they have on defense.
  • TVF
    25900 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    It's not GP it's top GP.

    If they have more G13, they're top heavy and you have more depth.

    I have less G13 than most I am matched again and I win almost every round. Finished 28th Div 1 Kyber last GAC

    Depth doesn't matter if your entire roster can't get past the R7 teams they have on defense.

    Which is why I said work on counters.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    It's not GP it's top GP.

    If they have more G13, they're top heavy and you have more depth.

    I have less G13 than most I am matched again and I win almost every round. Finished 28th Div 1 Kyber last GAC

    Depth doesn't matter if your entire roster can't get past the R7 teams they have on defense.

    Which is why I said work on counters.

    Even counters tend to not work when your team is G12 and their team is R7.

  • Even counters tend to not work when your team is G12 and their team is R7.

    So, work on the counters?
  • Scuttlebutt
    1042 posts Member
    edited February 3
    deleted...double post
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    It's not GP it's top GP.

    If they have more G13, they're top heavy and you have more depth.

    ...and they win. Especially if they have 24 relic toons and you have 16.

    I've been in brackets where a player with R7 GAS +all relic 501st is facing a player who doesn't have a single character of 30k GP (R7 GAS is 37k+). It was - and always will be a route. Most meta teams (GAS, DR/Malak, GG, etc.) can't be beaten down by depth. Either you have the counters and can beat them or you don't.

    Matchmaking is poor at best. I'm not sure, with all of the well documented flaws, bugs and issues in this game, why people think that CG got something as complicated as matchmaking in a constantly changing environment miraculously right.

    Another thought I’ve had for a while: I’ve noticed that most of my blowouts (I typically do the winning) happen in the first round of a GAC.

    If you think about it, this is how normal tournament seeding works. You don’t want the 2 best playing each other in the first round.

    That’s how a tournament works when there’s a selection committee to pick best and worst. With completely random selection, you have an equal chance of 2 best playing or 1 best and 1 worst. Our situation is different than those two because we have an algorithm gauging strength and randomizing.

    My opinion hasn’t changed in a year. GP is a bad way to measure roster strength.

  • Even counters tend to not work when your team is G12 and their team is R7.

    So, work on the counters?

    I feel like the whole point of this thread has gone over your head.
  • TVF
    25900 posts Member

    Even counters tend to not work when your team is G12 and their team is R7.

    So, work on the counters?

    I feel like the whole point of this thread has gone over your head.

    Well, of two choices

    1) Making a thread
    2) Working on the counters

    Which is more likely to succeed?
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I feel like the whole point of this thread has gone over your head.

    People tell me that a lot, but right now I'm having a laugh, so I don't think so this time. You want to win with less gear, counters are still your best bet, else you might as well say you can't win at gear 1 so it's silly to say work on it.

  • Even counters tend to not work when your team is G12 and their team is R7.

    So, work on the counters?

    I feel like the whole point of this thread has gone over your head.

    You mention counters not working then give evidence of a g12 team that doesn't beat a r7 team as your proof that counters dont work...

    The reason a g12 doesn't beat r7 has absolutely nothing to do with counters working!!! that is a huge gear level difference!!!!

    A g7 wampa doesn't beat a g12 Phoenix team... does that mean your wampa doesn't work or counters dont work? No... it means you need to invest (work on) in your counters so that they will work effectively.

    An contrary to your statement that counters dont work in many cases they still do work even despite the huge gear power gap that is the real issue at hand...

    a g12 nest properly modded can beat a full R7 ewok team. A g12 trio properly modded can beat a R7 geo team. So counters do work even despite the huge gear difference between g12 and r7. Even my G12 padme can beat fully R7 clones...
Sign In or Register to comment.