Geonosians

Prev1
My opponent: 4* Brood, others - 1 at 7* and three others 6 *. Mods no higher than GL8, maybe 9. Power: 55k.

I put 7 teams of 80k plus against it. All defeated.

If this team is operating fairly, then I have literally no idea what 'fair' means.

Herein lies THE greatest issue of a game that is pushing me to go elsewhere. Far weaker teams destroying, annihilating, wiping out, laughing at, mocking superior teams you have spent far longer on building up, far more investment in, and you watch them die faster than anything as teams like the Geo's consistently shrug off all damage and regenerate faster than your entire team gets to even have one turn.

"Dude you're not using the right team against them". Sorry, awful reasoning when dealing with far more powerful teams. 30k plus power is a huge difference and as such, mathematically must destroy the far weaker team.

Someone please point out the fun in this game... I have no idea where it lies.

Replies

• First step is to stop thinking gp matters
  • Lmao my Traya, Sion & Nihilus destroy them.

You just need to learn the mechanics of the game.

GP is meaningless
  • Moorebid
    488 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    GP doesn't count for *peep*.
    My Negotiator fleet at 350k beats some rebel fleets at 500k+.
    My Nest can solo an entire Ewok team.
    My...

You catch my drift? If you bring a pingpong bat to a baseball game, you won't even be allowed to try.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Sometimes when they update teams that are old they tend to perform better than other old teams at higher levels. Take NS for example. Once they became a team, lots of mid range people used them at fairly low levels. This is just how the game works now I guess. I’m fine with it.
  • Kameleonic wrote: »
    My opponent: 4* Brood, others - 1 at 7* and three others 6 *. Mods no higher than GL8, maybe 9. Power: 55k.

I put 7 teams of 80k plus against it. All defeated.

Someone please point out the fun in this game...

For me I have fun finding 55k power teams that I can use to beat 80k power teams.

One time I used a 17k power team to beat a 122k power team, that was FUN!!!
  • Power is a measure of character investment. A measure of gear, credits, ability mats that have been used to upgrade a character. It is a very crude way of measuring relative usefulness, but tells you nothing about the things that actually bring victory such as proper team composition, character synergy, character abilities, strategy, and mod stats. This is why Nest can solo or time-out so many teams. This is why people have different mod sets for PVP and for raids, this is why people gear particular key characters on teams higher than others. Some teams are specifically designed to beat other teams, like JKR vs. Trays, DR vs JKR, etc. You need to learn the strategies, learn to mod, learn what characters to focus on, and what teams work well together. My top 5 characters by power are CLS, DR, Nest, GBA, KRU. But just because they have high power doesn't mean I will be putting them on a team together, especially in GAC because they all come from other different teams, and any of the top meta teams would best it if I put it on defense.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Kameleonic wrote: »

"Dude you're not using the right team against them". Sorry, awful reasoning when dealing with far more powerful teams. 30k plus power is a huge difference and as such, mathematically must destroy the far weaker team.

Geo team has synergy and the swarm attack.... meaning your 30k gp is not enough to prevent them from killing you.

They are meant to kill much larger gp teams.

They summon a 6th that taunts on every turn, forcing you to kill it. They heal on every turn and call all who arent dazed to assist.

You either hit them with something way way overpowered or.... you do one of two things. Hit them with a daze team that does lots of aoe damage....

Or, and this is why you dont set them on defense in grand arena.... you hit them with a traya lead, nihilus, sion team

Traya damages all who attack out of turn.... so geos kill themselves and tou pick the bones with aoe.

When you learn the mechanics of the game, you find the fun and you win more
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kameleonic wrote: »

Geo team has synergy and the swarm attack.... meaning your 30k gp is not enough to prevent them from killing you.

They are meant to kill much larger gp teams.

They summon a 6th that taunts on every turn, forcing you to kill it. They heal on every turn and call all who arent dazed to assist.

You either hit them with something way way overpowered or.... you do one of two things. Hit them with a daze team that does lots of aoe damage....

Or, and this is why you dont set them on defense in grand arena.... you hit them with a traya lead, nihilus, sion team

Traya damages all who attack out of turn.... so geos kill themselves and tou pick the bones with aoe.

When you learn the mechanics of the game, you find the fun and you win more

My bugs got 5 holds on defense this round...js

Even when they don't, forcing someone to use Traya isn't always a bad thing.
  • [/quote]

So much this. And for giggles, replace sun fac with droideka or Visas and enjoy the trio having a tough time.[/quote]

lol I have never though of doing this...i will know though
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

So much this. And for giggles, replace sun fac with droideka or Visas and enjoy the trio having a tough time.[/quote]

lol I have never though of doing this...i will know though [/quote]

Visas idea is interesting, but with sion in the picture I'm a bit leery
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

So much this. And for giggles, replace sun fac with droideka or Visas and enjoy the trio having a tough time.

Visas idea is interesting, but with sion in the picture I'm a bit leery [/quote]

Well I have g12 zVisas lol...so maybe it can get some work i guess hahha
  • Generally I use sun fac in Nute team anyways and save Geos for offense. easy banners for O cause of the unused slots

Thinking i will go with Visas on D just for giggles lol
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited February 2020

Well I have g12 zVisas lol...so maybe it can get some work i guess hahha

What I mean is his debuffs on her shut down one of her best features, so she is much less useful. Kinda same reason she is lousy in p2 sith raid.
  • stack her up with tenacity instead of O?

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    stack her up with tenacity instead of O?

I guess...but then she does less damage. Unless the point is just to heal geos more?
    stack her up with tenacity instead of O?

I guess...but then she does less damage. Unless the point is just to heal geos more?

maybe to stall the Trio? i will try it though and report back lol
  • The people who start screaming "jUsT uSe TrAyA!" are the worst. Newer players are a long ways away from unlocking Traya and the Trio are quite the farm for essentially just a big counter nowadays.

That said, it's just the way it is with Geos right now. They are a very particular team to deal with and if you didn't farm them or farm a team that can handle them you just have to suffer the consequences. Unfortunately that's just the way the game is in the earlier stages now. First Order can handle them if the bugs are lower level, Padme is another option.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    The people who start screaming "jUsT uSe TrAyA!" are the worst. Newer players are a long ways away from unlocking Traya and the Trio are quite the farm for essentially just a big counter nowadays.

That said, it's just the way it is with Geos right now. They are a very particular team to deal with and if you didn't farm them or farm a team that can handle them you just have to suffer the consequences. Unfortunately that's just the way the game is in the earlier stages now. First Order can handle them if the bugs are lower level, Padme is another option.

Or farm your own bugs, and things are equal. You have choices to make in this game and it pays to make good ones.
  • I'm curious as to what teams you used against the Geos. I can tell you that I started on Geos early and they did serious work in GAC on defense at lower GP levels. 44k team and they never lost a battle except once from someone who had Darth Revan. I have them all at G12 now and just completed the Wat mission for the first time. In GAC sometimes it's better to focus on a different territory that you know you can beat. The Geos have both health equalizing from Brood Alpha and when Sun Fac uses his taunt ability he gets health steal, and on top of that he gives that buff to every other Geo after two of his turns AND on top of all of that Brood Alpha can give back health and protection to the team. The game is shifting back into each team has specific counters. It's tough, but you can be the guy that farms Geos and then you become that pain in the butt just like I am for my GAC match ups and that it sounds like your current opponent is. Best of luck! Don't quit just because your frustrated. Get into a solid guild who will give you good guidance and Sims Pit raid :)
  • Do you expect to outspeed a Corvette Z06 with your Rolls-Royce Phantom just because it's way more expensive? Well, good luck then.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Moorebid wrote: »
    GP doesn't count for *peep*.
    My Negotiator fleet at 350k beats some rebel fleets at 500k+.
    My Nest can solo an entire Ewok team.
    My...

You catch my drift? If you bring a pingpong bat to a baseball game, you won't even be allowed to try.

what happens if the GP of the pingpong bat is 150,000 compared to the baseball bat which is only 10,000
  • u661gzhemtsd.jpg
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member

I’ve come up against the Visas combo. Seemed a waste - it didn’t change the match at all. Just meant that there was one toon left to kill independently after I wiped out all the bugs, but it wasn’t like that was any challenge.
  • The people who start screaming "jUsT uSe TrAyA!" are the worst. Newer players are a long ways away from unlocking Traya and the Trio are quite the farm for essentially just a big counter nowadays.

Padme is a terrible option. I have tried this twice thinking it would work. It doesn't work ... timeout.

Padme is a terrible option. I have tried this twice thinking it would work. It doesn't work ... timeout.

Really? Padme is a pretty common counter
  • @Kameleonic the following 2 teams could have easily beaten those Geos.
    x6c5qpgi02s5.png
    The people who start screaming "jUsT uSe TrAyA!" are the worst. Newer players are a long ways away from unlocking Traya and the Trio are quite the farm for essentially just a big counter nowadays.

Really? Padme is a pretty common counter

Yeah my Padme could destroy Geos however I'd rather save her for NS