Ship Credits

Prev1
SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited November 2019
With the game adding a bunch of new ships to the game, is there any plans on adding some ship credits to credit heists?

Replies

• I'm still arguing that ship territories in GAC should reward ship credits instead of regular ones.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    What is credit heist? /Irony
  • We Definitely need a credit heist for ships as thats the one currency I am always low on.

Better yet why not just add Ship credits as an additional reward on the credit heist event
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Necro - from a simpler time, a time before Baby Yoda.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • One of the many questions I asked the devs during the Q&As....

We have had a credit heist for a long time now. It's great. Will we ever have a ship credit heist? Instead of using toons, we could use ships. Even a seldom used faction would be great as it would encourage people to upgrade their ships (which generally means upgrading the ship's pilots as well).
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Should we start buying them from shipments now?

If you haven't been buying them from Cantina shipments, you're doing it wrong.
    Now that the mod store is selling only 5 dot mods, that's another drain that you have to work against.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

Now that the mod store is selling only 5 dot mods, that's another drain that you have to work against.

I maintain over 20m ship credits at all times despite selectively purchasing mods with them. They build up fast once you have all your relevant ships leveled.

All my cantina currency converts to shard shop currency. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing it wrong.
  • If you haven't been buying them from Cantina shipments, you're doing it wrong.

I don't know about that. 42K ship credits for 200 cantina credits doesn't seem like a great deal. Especially if you comapare to buying 5 shards of Cassian's U-wing, which if you already have it at 7 stars, means the shards get converted to 95 shard credits at the shard store.

Maybe if it was for 420K instead of 42K.....
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Necro - from a simpler time, a time before Baby Yoda.

which one?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Shhh... don’t quote @TVF, that counts as saying the name again - and we all know if you say it 3 times, he appears!
  • Ok, perhaps I overstated "doing it wrong". Shard currency is fine, but I find that squad arena store supplies that currency for me if I am short at all, otherwise I just let that build. I view the cantina store as ship currency for my purposes.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Honestly refreshing cantina energy is probably the best way to stay on top of ship currency. I believe those nodes have a decent currency rate. Not to mention if you arent running 3 cantina nodes from now until the end of time you are going to behind
  • Darth_Pepé_8008
    270 posts Member
    edited February 2020

I maintain over 20m ship credits at all times despite selectively purchasing mods with them. They build up fast once you have all your relevant ships leveled.

We're in the same boat, don't rock it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    There may be a credits shortage in early game, when you just unlocked ships, but in mid-late game there's no shortage at all. Just be patient.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    There may be a credits shortage in early game, when you just unlocked ships, but in mid-late game there's no shortage at all. Just be patient.

don't agree, I have nearly all ships maxed in terms of level, upgrades and star count, but still have a severe shortage in ship credits. maybe you don't buy enough mods?

don't agree, I have nearly all ships maxed in terms of level, upgrades and star count, but still have a severe shortage in ship credits. maybe you don't buy enough mods?

Maybe you should consider quality over quantity?
    Just a thought.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

OP requests credit heists to be able to upgrade new ships. There's plenty credits to upgrade all ships. I'm glad you agree on this.

I've been doing that and still struggle to keep a ship credits balance above 50M. My normal credits minimum was 100M but has ballooned to 250+M. Methinks CG is deliberately including more mods for ship credits to create an artificial crunch before the release of the next two capital ships, and in advance of the (eventual, even if not this year) level cap increase.

I've been doing that and still struggle to keep a ship credits balance above 50M. My normal credits minimum was 100M but has ballooned to 250+M. Methinks CG is deliberately including more mods for ship credits to create an artificial crunch before the release of the next two capital ships, and in advance of the (eventual, even if not this year) level cap increase.

Considering their track record, you're probably right.

Just a thought.

As with many other aspects of this game, its about resource management. If you spend time and resources on mods, farming them to get the right combinations and high values, you receive a big advantage in both arenas, ga and TW. I'm quite content with my performance in those fields, so i think i have a good balance of quality and quantity.

I was just pointing out that "no shortage at all" is a funny thing to say. I could hoard all my gear and leave my toons as they are for 3-4 months and then claim that kryotechs and stun guns aren't in shortage late game lol

Just a thought.

As with many other aspects of this game, its about resource management. If you spend time and resources on mods, farming them to get the right combinations and high values, you receive a big advantage in both arenas, ga and TW. I'm quite content with my performance in those fields, so i think i have a good balance of quality and quantity.

I was just pointing out that "no shortage at all" is a funny thing to say. I could hoard all my gear and leave my toons as they are for 3-4 months and then claim that kryotechs and stun guns aren't in shortage late game lol

So you have options...

Just cuz you make choices that leave you broke doesn't mean something is wrong with the game.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Just a thought.

So you have options...

Just cuz you make choices that leave you broke doesn't mean something is wrong with the game.

Never claimed there was. I'm actually against ship heist. Still i disagree with the fact there isn't a shortage
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Just a thought.

So you have options...

Never claimed there was. I'm actually against ship heist. Still i disagree with the fact there isn't a shortage

There's a shortage for you.
  • TVF wrote: »

Just a thought.

So you have options...

There's a shortage for you.

That i can agree with
    And I hope it's safe to say i'm past mid-game :)
    d8g357akqybp.jpeg

I might need to lower my standards for mods.

If it’s gold and has a speed secondary I usually buy it. Especially if it’s a speed primary.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    d8g357akqybp.jpeg

If it’s gold and has a speed secondary I usually buy it. Especially if it’s a speed primary.

I assume you mean speed set.

Can't have a speed primary and secondary.
  • TVF wrote: »
    d8g357akqybp.jpeg

But you'd buy it, right?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    d8g357akqybp.jpeg

But you'd buy it, right?

I'm gonna have to see the other secondaries please.