Where's all this "new content"?

Prev1345
Is it just me, or is CG in the rhythm of 1.) Saying that they are bringing new content in "the coming weeks" and they're aware of how stale the game is. 2) follow that with several weeks go by with nothing at all. 3) a teaser of a "possible" upcoming release once they "finish testing" 4) several months go by before said content actually comes out.
Last year started this pattern, and it just seems to be the MO now to string things out as far as possible to meet some arbitrary calendar announcement like "state of the galaxy." If you dont have new content, then just say so. The game is getting painfully stale

Replies

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe they meant this

yqvxdwavli3o.jpg

• Options
    Monel wrote: »
    Maybe they meant this

yqvxdwavli3o.jpg

I think you nailed their desire, but definitely not the outcome. Lol!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    do you have any actual examples of them saying that they are bringing new content in "the coming weeks" then following that with several weeks go by with nothing at all until a teaser of a "possible" upcoming release once they "finish testing" and then several months go by before said content actually comes out? I don't remember them ever saying something was coming in the next few weeks and then it not coming for months. ty
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Standard CG double truth. New content means a tier of stat enhanced same old content. TM loading is their first choice for brand new content
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks Kyno to remind us that they promise us two new tier to two of the assault battle.

Of course they unfortunately had to postpone indefinitely one of the two because of bugs on a reskin...

So after nearly a month and half into the year we got 1 day with new content! Impressive!
  • Options
    Azza wrote: »
    Thanks Kyno to remind us that they promise us two new tier to two of the assault battle.

Of course they unfortunately had to postpone indefinitely one of the two because of bugs on a reskin...

So after nearly a month and half into the year we got 1 day with new content! Impressive!

Nah. 1 day of the exact same content but g13.

I mean the layouts are basically identical. No new mechanics or characters
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed. Still was better than today!
  • Options
    KM1 wrote: »
    Standard CG double truth. New content means a tier of stat enhanced same old content. TM loading is their first choice for brand new content
    Get content. Complain about content. Pretend content isn't content.

That's about par for the course for this player base.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    The forums are all the new content I need.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

reskins
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

reskins

They could at least up the difficulty
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

reskins

They could at least up the difficulty

That’s why I’m here ;)
  • Options
    When I’m bored I’ll just manually do one attempt when I’m farming something and just chuck in a low gear team to relive the good ol’ days.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

reskins

Text is just a reskin of hieroglyphics!
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

So we get a new tier of Forest moon and....what else?
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Just a new tier.

Everything besides the rewards are the exact same in that tier.

It’s not even a reskin, it’s just the original tier with more gear
  • Options
    Really makes one wonder what exactly they do at work all week. Still have bugs from over a year ago, certainly aren't interacting with the players, no non-reskined content. Baffling.
  • Options

Hyperdrive bundle.
  • Options
    Mitch08 wrote: »
    Really makes one wonder what exactly they do at work all week. Still have bugs from over a year ago, certainly aren't interacting with the players, no non-reskined content. Baffling.

In all honesty there’s a skeleton crew working on this game now. Most of their resources are probably going into their new project game which, no idea what that can be.
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

Just a new tier.

Everything besides the rewards are the exact same in that tier.

It’s not even a reskin, it’s just the original tier with more gear

I mean it’s something “new” to do and is welcome to break the staleness of the event but to call it “new” is...just not true.

I’m not complaining that we got it as YaeVizla is insinuating people are doing, but more so asking where are the new capital ships? New characters? New ships? The new raid? The new PvE nodes to play on the tables? The new challenge tiers to help alleviate day one gear bottle necks? New events? Sandbox mode? I mean come on, there’s so much that can be added but they just aren’t trying anymore and it’s clear they don’t truly care about there players as they’ve left a thread they promised to answer months ago, in the dust. It’s frankly ridiculous how their lack of communication continues when they’ve promised to do otherwise.
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Shhh, you'll wake them. They have holidays, fires, other stuff to deal with. Just go and buy their P2W bundles. Otherwise some shills will attack you for telling the truth
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options

It is so easy to satisfy those paid by CG. Anyone who points out there are no new mechanics, toons, or game modes while newer games have innovated massively is a 'complainer'. CG can do no wrong when their paychecks keep coming in. Nerf hammer? Needed for balance (CG said so). Simple gear increase instead of anything new? It's 'new content' (CG said so). Jeez
  • Options
    @Kyno why was my post deleted like immediately? Did I say something wrong?
  • Options
    @Kyno why was my post deleted like immediately? Did I say something wrong?

Kyno hasn't been active for hours according to his profile. You sure you didn't edit it too quickly and the spam filter caught it?
  • Options

New tier(s) for Place of Power! When they finally figured out how to make it impossible to complete it with SE but instead being forced to use some weird r5-7 team comp like r7 Zaul fixed the "bugs".
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

New tier(s) for Place of Power! When they finally figured out how to make it impossible to complete it with SE but instead being forced to use some weird r5-7 team comp like r7 Zaul fixed the "bugs".

Agreed lol. Oh well, we will just have to wait and find out
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Azza wrote: »

They also said in following updates they will be adding new levels to other assault battles, not just the 2. This is just the start.

At no point did they say all the new content was coming immediately. It is supposed to a focus for the future, I believe they said the whole year in a QA, but I could be wrong.

Side note: everything in this game is a reskin of either a previous thing in this game or a previous game. No need to try and say it's not new, it is new, no one has played that level or mission in this game before.