I lost my 4-year account and EA doesn't help me recover.

Dervixe
17 posts Member
edited February 2020
Good night friends players.

I'm here to talk about a very boring subject that afflicts some players who, like me, were not so lucky when linking their account with social networks to keep their progress safe. I have been playing SWGOH since its launch and I have my account with 4 and a half million PG that I liked so much.

I played almost every day and participated in all possible events to collect all the heroes. Last week I bought a new device and to keep my data safe, I linked my game to a Facebook account before resetting my old device. After the account recovery procedure, the scare comes.
The game informs me that there is no data on the informed Facebook account. I found it very strange, because my friends have already done this and confirmed to me that it works. I tried again and I get the same message. I get desperate and don't know what to do. I try to understand what happened, and repeat the same procedure 4 more times.

Nothing...

After that, I contact EA support and receive the message that I need the ID or Username to recover my account. If you can send pictures of the game it would help. As I didn't have my ID, I send photos with the code number of the alliance, photos from my account on the SWGoH.com website and everything. I get the message that I can't get my account back. After that, I have contacted more than 5 times in various EA support services and she gives me the same answer, each saying that I should go to another support service and say the same thing as in the previous ones.

Unfortunately, I give up insisting. After 4 great years playing and participating in this wonderful game with you, I no longer have the patience to put up with the same answers on the support and administrators of this forum. As I told them, I play and spend my money on EA games since I was 9 years old (today I am 39) and I never had any problems. It was a free game that made me disappoint with this company. I thank those who participated with me in the events and the evolution of my account. By my choice, I decide not to support this unfortunate company and its mediocre customer support service anymore.

Thank you all!
Post edited by Dervixe on

Replies

• Did u spend? If yes, u probably can get it back. If no, well, yea it’s ea don’t expect much
  • I realized that. In all the games I spent money on and bought EA item packs, I had great service and almost immediate feedback. Unfortunately, this is how reality works.
  • The only contact I had from EA with a human being was here on the forum. Which by the way, despite having the same response as the machines, was fast and simplified. In all the rest, they were robotic messages and made by a response script.
  • Dervixe wrote: »
    I realized that. In all the games I spent money on and bought EA item packs, I had great service and almost immediate feedback. Unfortunately, this is how reality works.

Well jokes aside another part of the reason is that you need your purchase history to prove that the account is actually yours, otherwise i could easily just write in to EA and claim your account too.
  • I understand. But the difference is that I have all the other prints with data that only those who enter the account have. The only thing I don't have is my ID. And yet they say they can't do anything.
  • No proof, no point.

• Even if I register with swgoh.gg and send my alliance code, does it serve as proof?
  • Darth_Pepé_8008
    270 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Have you tried going back on your old phone/tablet to see if you can log on to the game from that?
    Did you change from android to ios or vis versa?
  • My friend, I didn’t remember that on the SWGOH.gg website I had my account details and on it, I can get my ID. Thanks for remembering that. I managed to get my id through the website and all the data needed to recover my account.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Did you get it back yet?
  • Not yet, because I need some administrator or support to answer my ticket that was opened yesterday.
    Good night friends players.

I'm here to talk about a very boring subject that afflicts some players who, like me, were not so lucky when linking their account with social networks to keep their progress safe. I have been playing SWGOH since its launch and I have my account with 4 and a half million PG that I liked so much.

I played almost every day and participated in all possible events to collect all the heroes. Last week I bought a new device and to keep my data safe, I linked my game to a Facebook account before resetting my old device. After the account recovery procedure, the scare comes.
    The game informs me that there is no data on the informed Facebook account. I found it very strange, because my friends have already done this and confirmed to me that it works. I tried again and I get the same message. I get desperate and don't know what to do. I try to understand what happened, and repeat the same procedure 4 more times.

Nothing...

After that, I contact EA support and receive the message that I need the ID or Username to recover my account. If you can send pictures of the game it would help. As I didn't have my ID, I send photos with the code number of the alliance, photos from my account on the SWGoH.com website and everything. I get the message that I can't get my account back. After that, I have contacted more than 5 times in various EA support services and she gives me the same answer, each saying that I should go to another support service and say the same thing as in the previous ones.

Unfortunately, I give up insisting. After 4 great years playing and participating in this wonderful game with you, I no longer have the patience to put up with the same answers on the support and administrators of this forum. As I told them, I play and spend my money on EA games since I was 9 years old (today I am 39) and I never had any problems. It was a free game that made me disappoint with this company. I thank those who participated with me in the events and the evolution of my account. By my choice, I decide not to support this unfortunate company and its mediocre customer support service anymore.

Thank you all!

Sorry that happened. I completely understand. Disney killed SW when they brought in Kathleen Kennedy and Ruin Johnson.

Episode 9 totally massacred Anakins legacy.

I spent alot of money on this game aswell to catch up with them and the new events. General Skywalker requirements are just crazy. I wasnt gonna spend 2 grand on a cellphone game. Now I check on the game once in a while to see what's going on... nothing new.

Like you said- the customer service is very mediocre and the forum rules are way to strict. Ive been warned 2x and I had no clue why until they sent me a long list of "dos and donts". In short- pretty much any problem involving the CG and your personal thoughts about the problem should not be spoken of.

I got one foot out the door, myself.
  • Player ID is important because it provides account security. What if an unethical person was trying to get access to your account by calling EA support with your ally code, but no other identifying info?

Should EA give them access?

Glad your were able to find your player ID and hopefully regain access today.
  • I thought the ally code was only visible to the account owner. I didn't know that it is visible to everyone. Therefore, it is really not a good idea to give account information just by having this number.
  • Exactly!
  • Thank you for the tip!
  • It will be 11 days since my account is stopped and EA did not give me the answer.
    It will be 11 days since my account is stopped and EA did not give me the answer.

They dont care.
  • Do they take that long to answer a request?
    Do they take that long to answer a request?

Yeah, it can take weeks easily, unfortunately. Hope you get it back though! You seem like a cool dude and I wish you the best of luck.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please message CG_SBCrumb with an EA Help ticket number and he may be able to expedite the resolution.
This discussion has been closed.