Grand arena

When are you going to fix the matchups in ga
Im tired of getting one shoted by players 500 to 700000 gp ahead of me. I dont think i have won one arena battle since this stupid thing started. Its getting to the point i dont even want to be bothered entering

Replies

• tenor.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• If you’re losing to people only 500gp above you then you might want to rethink your roster.
  • If you do discord bots you'll see it's set up perfectly. Im division 2. My top 70 characters GP vs their top 70 GP. I can do whatever I want with my overall GP and the matchmaking stays. Keep as is
  • Efranzblau wrote: »
    If you do discord bots you'll see it's set up perfectly. Im division 2. My top 70 characters GP vs their top 70 GP. I can do whatever I want with my overall GP and the matchmaking stays. Keep as is

Top 80*
    Baram wrote: »
    Im tired of getting one shoted by players 500 to 700000 gp ahead of me. I dont think i have won one arena battle since this stupid thing started. Its getting to the point i dont even want to be bothered entering

If you have never won then first think what you're doing is the problem, dont blame the system

Havijg said that, matchmaking should be taking more than just the top X into consideration. Still needs more refining.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Improve your roster.
    Improve your strategy.
    Improve your execution of your strategy.

If you didn't win for more than a year, and you didn't improve any of the 3 in that time, you can't blame matchmaking.

If you want specific help post a link to your profile on swgoh.gg.
  • I have won rounde once even without entering a battle)

So, all the time since new matchmaking you loose every time and never met at least person who dont fight in GA? 🤔
  • Waqui wrote: »

Improve your roster.
    Improve your strategy.

If you didn't win for more than a year, and you didn't improve any of the 3 in that time, you can't blame matchmaking.

All 3 of those are just one of those, strategy...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Improve your roster.
    Improve your strategy.

All 3 of those are just one of those, strategy...

I like to refine things and break them down to smaller units for better understanding. Professional habit.
  • Ive tried mixing up my defence and offence teams
    Even putting up completely different squads ,yet somehow the ither teams seem to match my toon placement perfectly on every team. Ex. Off team finn vader palpatine padme wicket, go into battle and the def team is exactly the same
  • Looking at current matchup, opponent is arena level 18
    Im 197
    Team is all level 13 relic 6+
    . I dont even have teams close to that
    Little hard to improve your strategy when your teams get wiped out before you even get a turn off. Ive got very stong fleets so i got tossed into divison one and my ships dont do anything for me.
  • Baram wrote: »
    Ive tried mixing up my defence and offence teams
    Even putting up completely different squads ,yet somehow the ither teams seem to match my toon placement perfectly on every team. Ex. Off team finn vader palpatine padme wicket, go into battle and the def team is exactly the same
    1) It is highly unlikely that every one of your opponents is chosing to fight every battle as a mirror.
    2) If your opponents are winning mirror battles repeatedly then your modding is deficient
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Ive tried mixing up my defence and offence teams...

Experimenting is good. Repeat what works for you, copy what works for your opponents and leave the rest in the bin.

Looking at current matchup, opponent is arena level 18
    Im 197
    Little hard to improve your strategy when your teams get wiped out before you even get a turn off.

But you can improve your roster still.

If you want specific help on strategy/roster please post a link to your profile on swgoh.gg or alternatively your ally code.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Ive tried mixing up my defence and offence teams

don't use this team.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Baram wrote: »

Stop watching Uzatron on Utube and u’ll get better...
  • So section 2 match ip im up aganst team with levl 2 in arena and level 5 in fl arena
    Characters that are level 13 relic 7 that my group hasnt even unlocked yet ****
  • Ally 751-398-695
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    So section 2 match ip im up aganst team with levl 2 in arena and level 5 in fl arena

Which is completely irrelevant in GA.
    Characters that are level 13 relic 7 that my group hasnt even unlocked yet ****

So, you're not the only one. You have 6 others with you. Also, you know of at least one improvement of your roster to work on.
    Ally 751-398-695

Looking you up by ally code didn't work. Could you post a link to your profile on swgoh.gg?
  • The only solution I can think of is that you change your ingame name to “the Wookie” because then people would have to let the wookie win.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Ive tried mixing up my defence and offence teams...

Experimenting is good. Repeat what works for you, copy what works for your opponents and leave the rest in the bin.

Looking at current matchup, opponent is arena level 18
    Im 197
    Little hard to improve your strategy when your teams get wiped out before you even get a turn off.

But you can improve your roster still.

If you want specific help on strategy/roster please post a link to your profile on swgoh.gg or alternatively your ally code.

Not sure what swgoh.gg is?
  • Found it
  • Drathuk916
    625 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    You need to work on your mods. Especially dralak. Dr at 301 malak at 193 and bsf at 267 are too slow especially malak.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    @Baram I see that you have many well-geared strong teams but as Drathuk wrote you really should work on your mods. Don't underestimate the importance of mods. A META team with weak mods is easily beaten by a counter team or a well modded soft counter team. Also, mods with weak/useless stats add just as much GP as strong mods. You may be matched with players of similar relevant GP, but I assume that most of your opponents have the advantage of significantly better mods than yours.

Speed is important and speed sets are great in many cases but speed sets with low or even no speed secondary stats are worthless. Many of your speed mods have low speed stats or even none at all. Also, some key characters need to have high speed to make a team work well. Drathuk already mentioned some. Other examples could be BB-8, Thrawn, JKR (to some extent), Vader, zombie, GBA..... Improving their speeds will help you greatly.

Other recommendations (not a complete list):

Zombie benefits more from health primaries than protection primaries since she revives with health only.
    GS benefits from high crit chance because it gains TM when it crits. Add a crit primary triangle.
    Poggle benefits from potency to inflict ability block. Add a potency primary cross.
    Etc. Etc.

Also, your Traya really needs at least 1 zeta, if you want your Traya trio to work.

I can't give you advice on your strategy. Your GAC history shows auto deployed defense only.

Long story short:
    Your don't lose because of the matchmaking algorithm. You lose because of your weak modding and your non-participation.
  • Ive been following what they are putting up for reccomended mods. Not sure how to get better mods only have what they drop
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You have plenty of room for improvement with what you already have:

https://swgoh.gg/p/751399695/mods/?stat2_5=1

F.ex. the square mod on Sun Fac, triangle on Chirpa, triangle on Ackbar, diamond on Plo Koon, triangle on Tusken xx and square on Barris are all better used on other characters that lack the speed they need. Just a few examples. You can have an instant significant improvement if you spend 15 minutesrrearranging your mods. Again: Your losses are not caused by the matchmaking algorithm.

Feel free to PM me if you want further help after you rearranged your mods. Until then that is my best advice.