GAC matchmaking - supposed to be funny?

Replies

• 6 pages and 160+ posts and still going in circles. Can't say I'm surprised. :D
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    6 pages and 160+ posts and still going in circles. Can't say I'm surprised. :D

Not to mention the 100s of posts on the previous 100s of threads on the same topic. Don't worry though, the devs will certainly see the two new posts started while this one has been active and obviously start right away on completely rewriting their matchmaking algorithm to make it perfectly fair for everyone.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Not to mention the 100s of posts on the previous 100s of threads on the same topic. Don't worry though, the devs will certainly see the two new posts started while this one has been active and obviously start right away on completely rewriting their matchmaking algorithm to make it perfectly fair for everyone.

Ever wondered why there are 100s of posts in 100s of threads on this specific issue? Because all is good and matchmaking is great?
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Ever wondered why there are 100s of posts in 100s of threads on this specific issue? Because all is good and matchmaking is great?

I wonder how many of those 100s of posts were written by winners?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • The matchmaking algorithm is not the problem, it’s as good a way as any, the problem is that over a month you face the same opponents, even when you always win or always lose. I’m ranked against tens of thousands of players but only ever get drawn against several hundred of them. Take a look at your global ranking, for me I’m ranked 13,000 something in div 1 and when I look at the 50 players either side of less then 10% could stand any vague chance against me, guy next to me runs 6* pad in arena when I have R7 gas. It’s not grand arena it’s pooled arena. And unless they change it so round 2 and onwards includes matches that consider over all rank it’s gonna annoy a lot of people.
  • Anew_Hope wrote: »
    And unless they change it so round 2 and onwards includes matches that consider over all rank it’s gonna annoy a lot of people.

..... that's basically what it does now. You're matched based on your league. Your league improves if your rank improves enough. If you keep getting matched against the same people, you're either an edge case, or you're camping at the top of a division and fighting others camping at the top of the division.
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's not GP it's top GP.

If they have more G13, they're top heavy and you have more depth.

A lone Malak can solo an entire roster of depth. You know this.

Yes, at times one team will make the win impossible. CG has stated that this is by design. They believe it is fun. The good news is that a lot of people are not terribly bright and don't pay attention to their opponents roster. They don't set that team on D and you can win anyway...
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    It's not GP it's top GP.

A lone Malak can solo an entire roster of depth.

A lone Malak can only be used once on offense.

A lone Malak on defense can be beaten by all sorts of teams.

Malak is not the problem. The person that still can't beat Malak is the problem.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    It's not GP it's top GP.

Malak is not the problem. The person that still can't beat Malak is the problem.

I think you confuse your point of reference with everybody’s experience.

Nobody places a single Malak on defense. But a DR/Malak team cannot be beaten by roster depth. Especially when we are talking about a R7 Malak.

And for your last point: It all goes back to your inability to understand the concept of GAC matchmaking. But I guess the explanation is not the problem. The person with the inability to understand the explanation is the problem...

• thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    KyoO1234 wrote: »

Nobody places a single Malak on defense. But a DR/Malak team cannot be beaten by roster depth. Especially when we are talking about a R7 Malak.

And for your last point: It all goes back to your inability to understand the concept of GAC matchmaking. But I guess the explanation is not the problem. The person with the inability to understand the explanation is the problem...

It usually can if you're sensible about it. If you're an **** and try a team that obviously will have no chance, then you're right, roster depth is worthless against DR and every other team in the game. GAC matchmaking seems relatively simple so far, what isn't simple is this alternative that you still have failed to provide, any progress with it so far, or do you actually not have anything constructive to contribute and are just whinging a week after losing a round you made no effort to try and win?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    It's not GP it's top GP.

I'm not the one that claimed a lone Malak can solo an entire roster of depth, you did. Shrug.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »

We've been over this. People who think matchmaking is perfect ignore objective posts by winners because it doesn't fit their point of view. But hey, why have an honest, objective discussion when we can make things up, ignore facts and pretend whatever we want is true?

Silliness like this is why the forums have become an echo chamber of hyperbole.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I've never seen a single person claim matchmaking is perfect.

Cool. Then everyone agrees that it needs improvement? Ok.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Anew_Hope wrote: »
    The matchmaking algorithm is not the problem, it’s as good a way as any, the problem is that over a month you face the same opponents, even when you always win or always lose. I’m ranked against tens of thousands of players but only ever get drawn against several hundred of them. Take a look at your global ranking, for me I’m ranked 13,000 something in div 1 and when I look at the 50 players either side of less then 10% could stand any vague chance against me, guy next to me runs 6* pad in arena when I have R7 gas. It’s not grand arena it’s pooled arena. And unless they change it so round 2 and onwards includes matches that consider over all rank it’s gonna annoy a lot of people.

The matchmaking is the problem if you face the same people over and over.
    If they would change the matchmaking to fight someone with the same points you'll be fighting each other for the top which is some kind of facing the same people but you fight over something (similar to arena or TW).

Fighting vs someone with the same points is fair. Roster check should occur by the division itself. Matchmaking only by points.
    Fair and balanced and better than the current system where someone with a very bad roster can achieve Kyber because he get weaker opponents.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Because obviously those are two binary statements.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

There is no such thing as "perfect" matchmaking.

It's fine.

It's fine.

Current matchmaking only allows for 50% of the players to win each time. I'm sure they can improve on that.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

It's fine.

Current matchmaking only allows for 50% of the players to win each time. I'm sure they can improve on that.

:thinking:

It's fine.

It was fine before it's last change too.

Good talk, lets never improve anything.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »

So you think that people complaining about it without making any good suggestions for improvements is the solution?

Good talk, lets never appreciate any improvements made or accept that something is ok just because it doesn't work how we want personally.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »

It's fine.

People's idea of improvement generally boils down to "let me win."

It's fine.

Respectfully disagree.

It's fine.

Give us all byes!!

It's fine.

Respectfully disagree.

Serious question: what do you think could improve mm?

I can respect that you are one of the few people who are against mm, but claim to win often. That said, my personal anecdotal experience has told me that GAC really comes down to who can utilize their teams and counters the most efficiently. For reference, I have a 4m GP main that has never missed kyber and I cannot honestly remember the last time I lost a match on it. It is the type of roster that a subset of the mm complainers complain about: somewhat focused, quite a bit of Relics for the GP level, all the meta teams. I also have a 2m GP alt account that has missed kyber once, and usually only loses when I forget to fight. This account has 3 somewhat developed teams that have ever been a part of the meta: JTR, CLS, and zPalp. the most geared team in a Kru team. It is not some daunting roster, and it gets stuck on certain teams.

I am not really sure mm can be improved a noticeable enough amount to be worth the effort. Weighting meta teams is bad imo because it further forces meta teams on us, and negatively rewards unlocking such squads/characters. Matching on gear levels doesn't really answer the opponents of GP: since a Malak and Jyn with equal zetas and equal gear will still be counted the same. What is left? What should be factored in that doesn't negatively reward chasing the meta nor consider elite units and bad units with equal development as equals?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

It's fine.

Everyone's idea of a perfect matchmaking is same number of zetas, gear tiers, relics, toons (if I don't have GAS, or Revan I shouldn't face an opponent that does), equal GP and speed mods

The only thing CG can do is have players fight themselves every round every bracket because they don't realize how unrealistic the request is and even if they did that, people would still complain MM is broken
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

It's fine.

Everyone's idea of a perfect matchmaking is same number of zetas, gear tiers, relics, toons (if I don't have GAS, or Revan I shouldn't face an opponent that does), equal GP and speed mods

The only thing CG can do is have players fight themselves every round every bracket because they don't realize how unrealistic the request is and even if they did that, people would still complain MM is broken

They'll also report themselves for cheating.

We've been over this. People who think matchmaking is perfect ignore objective posts by winners because it doesn't fit their point of view. But hey, why have an honest, objective discussion when we can make things up, ignore facts and pretend whatever we want is true?

I don't think matchmaking is perfect, nothing is. In fact, I'm on record as stating I believe improvements can be made. My approach is that I know I can't control mm, so I work on what I can control. That being said, I have to disagree that "People who think matchmaking is perfect ignore objective posts by winners." From what I've seen, it seems to be the opposite. People who are successful at GAC post about improving your mods, placement strategy, scouting, and strategy. All things in our control. But then I see the complainers ignore such advice and reply by saying nope, it's the matchmaking. Well, then you're most likely going to continue to lose. That was the point of my admittedly snarky comment.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.