How do you beat Nightsisters?

Prev1
I use my Palp team, and get halfway into the AOE strategy, but MT dies and comes back with almost full TM to do her AOE. Problem isn't the rez, it's rex with TM

Replies

• Troopers. Or BH with both Fetts.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    troopers, ns, traya etc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Bossk or Jango lead depending on how good your gear and mods are. If you're equal with them it's a cakewalk. Zeta on Jango unique and on Boba's Execute if you wish. Two sources of non-revive plus ignoring taunt. The fights usually don't last long. Target Daka or Talzin with Jango once they're debuffed, or Boba once they have several buffs/debuffs.
  • Troopers are my go to, with Veers, Stark, snow, range and death. Back up is BH, then Traya, then SEP droids.
  • It may be overkill, but I use Padme against relic’d NS if not needed for another counter. AT and shaak always dispelling taunt makes them very easy.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • You need more potency on your team.
  • Troopers suck tbh.

If Asajj is g13 you’re as good as dead /w them
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Troopers suck tbh.

If Asajj is g13 you’re as good as dead /w them

False, just like before G13, the modding and gear of the troopers is what's important. I find I still have no trouble with my troopers against Nightsisters, even with G13 Assaj. What will give me a little trouble sometimes, is G13 Assaj paired with G13 Daka. However, I can still usually pull out the victory in that if the relics are at level 4 or less on them.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I intend to take my Troopers to G13, or at least certain key ones, and then test it out. I imagine everyone says "relic NS eat IT" purely because not many bother to Relic their troopers to an equal level.

My Snow already hits for 40-45k on basic with the usual Trooper buffs at G12 + left side. So he should be decent once relic'd a bit.
  • I use first order 😂
  • You mean the answer isn't Jawas?!??? :o
  • You need more potency on your team.

Than on mine?
    https://swgoh.gg/squads/173555/
    Pretty sure my EP Vader and Tarkin got 300 combined potency before considering EP lead. TFP and Thrawn are not potent
  • Maybe throw in Shoretrooper for the heal?

I use BH (Bossk lead, still haven't zeta'd Jango). Or if I don't need it, Padme is pretty good too. Alternatively, you could use your own NS.
  • khelzac wrote: »
    Maybe throw in Shoretrooper for the heal?

I use BH (Bossk lead, still haven't zeta'd Jango). Or if I don't need it, Padme is pretty good too. Alternatively, you could use your own NS.

I save shore for different team usually, but if in doubt, he's a good insurance policy.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Bugs work great if the sisters are relicd....no worries about bad RNG going that route
  • Easiest is GAC. No revives = they all dead in seconds.
    If they have at least one g11 imperial troopers is very nice.
    Jango is fine. Luke/Han/Chuwie is also can manage them.
  • Troopers (especially with Ranged Trooper) smash Nightsister teams. Even those that are significantly higher gp.
  • first order with wat tambor works good
  • People need to stop suggesting Troopers, unless your troopers are R7. High relic Nightsisters will absolutely decimate Troopers, who are reliant on getting an early, quick kill before the opponent has a chance to move. Good luck doing that with Nightsisters having 120K+ EHP.
  • But that's true of most counters. They only work when similarly geared and modded. Troopers still remain the most effective counter, it's just that most people would take NS to Relic before they take Troopers so they tend to fall off late-game.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Easiest is GAC. No revives = they all dead in seconds.

Can Zombie still revive when GAS is on the field?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Should be the same as Nihilus' annihilate or the Rancor eating her. A cannot "prevent" trumps a cannot "do".

If you mean zombie reviving someone else then no, that should be prevented. But Zombie herself should.
  • Lots of answers, but it boils down to this. If your troopers are really good and you have Starck, Range, and Death in there, that's the most effective counter if similarly matched.

The second most effective counter that doesn't steal away from other powerful teams is BH with Jango and Boba. Personally, I use Embo lead with Boba, Jango, Cad, and Greedo. Embo lead allows BH to heal, which gets rid of plague more frequently. That's my go to. Works most of the time, unless the NS team is all super high relics. Works for both Asajj and Talzin leads.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Easiest is GAC. No revives = they all dead in seconds.

Can Zombie still revive when GAS is on the field?

Well, yes. But it does not really matter. As it receives daze and GAC just kills everyone else. Really like 10-20 seconds fight
  • Lots of answers, but it boils down to this. If your troopers are really good and you have Starck, Range, and Death in there, that's the most effective counter if similarly matched.

The second most effective counter that doesn't steal away from other powerful teams is BH with Jango and Boba. Personally, I use Embo lead with Boba, Jango, Cad, and Greedo. Embo lead allows BH to heal, which gets rid of plague more frequently. That's my go to. Works most of the time, unless the NS team is all super high relics. Works for both Asajj and Talzin leads.

Nah, don’t use troopers if you are not sure you can kill any NS in one turn. Overwise you’re dead.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    But that's true of most counters. They only work when similarly geared and modded. Troopers still remain the most effective counter, it's just that most people would take NS to Relic before they take Troopers so they tend to fall off late-game.

This. No counter works if you’re G9 fighting against relics. But troopers are a very effective counter that can beat 1-2 gear tier higher teams. E.G. mine are an average of G10 and I usually don’t have any trouble against NS unless they have Relics.
  • Personally, if I use Palp against NS(which is fairly rare), I make sure that there is some dispel to get around Zombie taunt. I fracture MT to prevent her swarm and stop her from landing AoE plague. Shock zombie so you don't get stuck behind annoying taunt. Drop the hammer on Asajj and kill her twice since she's usually the squishiest before her health ramps up from zeta. After killing Asajj (or whoever) twice to burn zombie's sacrifice thing, then take out Daka so she won't have her revive, then kill everyone else. The key for me in taking them out with a Palp/thrawn team is keeping zombie shocked and MT in check with fracture. Also, it helps to try to keep shock on as many of the enemy as possible so Palp can gain extra TM for using his basic(15% TM per shocked enemy).

Normally though, I use FO to fight NS.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    But that's true of most counters. They only work when similarly geared and modded. Troopers still remain the most effective counter, it's just that most people would take NS to Relic before they take Troopers so they tend to fall off late-game.

This. No counter works if you’re G9 fighting against relics. But troopers are a very effective counter that can beat 1-2 gear tier higher teams. E.G. mine are an average of G10 and I usually don’t have any trouble against NS unless they have Relics.

Sorry, I disagree. At R1+ (my troopers are all R1) they will not beat similarly geared NS, they're too tanky to get that initial kill. Troopers need to be over-geared to beat NS. And once NS reach R5+, I think forget about troopers altogether.

At lower gear levels, sure, I used to use them myself. I stopped after relics made NS too beefy.
  • I find the most reliable counter is Geonosians. Bounty Hunters and First Order work pretty well too.
    I once used Troopers exclusively, but they rely on an early kill to get rolling and that just doesn't happen with g13 sisters. If the sisters have a purple gear member, you still have a shot otherwise forget it. Rangetrooper will not save you, nor will Deathtrooper or Shoretrooper. You will lose.
  • The second most effective counter that doesn't steal away from other powerful teams is BH with Jango and Boba. Personally, I use Embo lead with Boba, Jango, Cad, and Greedo. Embo lead allows BH to heal, which gets rid of plague more frequently. That's my go to. Works most of the time, unless the NS team is all super high relics. Works for both Asajj and Talzin leads.
    Embo lead only regens health. Bossk lead regens both health and protection.