Does anyone remember the campaign from the original 'Star Wars: Battlefront II'?

2Next

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    I didn't like the narration of the story mode. It made the clones out to be deceitful and evil, but that wasn't the case. They were victims of Darth Sidious' grand plan as much as the Jedi were.

Oh please, they were supposed to be that way. The inhibitor chips were only brought on by Disney so kids wouldn't get confused by them killing the Jedi. It gave them a clean pass to still be the "good guys".

Um, no. The inhibitor chips were there from when Lucas still controlled the end of the Clone Wars show before he sold to Disney.
  • Boo wrote: »
    I didn't like the narration of the story mode. It made the clones out to be deceitful and evil, but that wasn't the case. They were victims of Darth Sidious' grand plan as much as the Jedi were.

Oh please, they were supposed to be that way. The inhibitor chips were only brought on by Disney so kids wouldn't get confused by them killing the Jedi. It gave them a clean pass to still be the "good guys".

Um, no. The inhibitor chips were there from when Lucas still controlled the end of the Clone Wars show before he sold to Disney.

I'm pretty sure that the chips were not part of canon before Disney took over. Those came in with the Clone Wars tv show. Originally, when this game came out, Jango was hired to hunt down Komari Vosa. She was a fallen Jedi and apprentice to Dooku. It was a test to prove the worth of Jango as the template of the clone army by being able to take a Jedi down, which is basically what the clones were intended for. As the clone says in the journal, "The success of the mission on Mygeeto was something of a revelation for the men of the 501st. Suddenly, we realized that the Jedi could be fooled. And if they could be fooled, they could be killed" That implies that not only did the clones know about order 66, but probably knew it was coming. The chips are only there as another reversal in Lucas and his ever changing universe.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Lucasfilm under George's regime had already written and produced those episodes, before the Clone Wars was cancelled by Disney to make room for Rebels.

This was George's idea and story - not Disney's.

Of course Jango was chosen as the clone template for taking out Vosa - it meant that the clones were able to do it or stood a better chance than most when it was time, when Order 66 was issued which triggered the implants. That doesn't prove they were "in on it" - they weren't.
    Lucasfilm under George's regime had already written and produced those episodes, before the Clone Wars was cancelled by Disney to make room for Rebels.

Of course Jango was chosen as the clone template for taking out Vosa - it meant that the clones were able to do it or stood a better chance than most when it was time, when Order 66 was issued which triggered the implants. That doesn't prove they were "in on it" - they weren't.

Show me proof then. Until that point, I will believe the games.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Oh dear, look it up yourself, its not difficult and I am sure you know how to "Google" things.

Oh dear, look it up yourself, its not difficult and I am sure you know how to "Google" things.

Funny thing is, I did. Didn't get an answer. You are saying its a problem, burden of proof lies with you.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Funny thing is, I did. Didn't get an answer. You are saying its a problem, burden of proof lies with you.

For crying out loud - the lost episodes of Clone Wars (which had the "chip" episodes) were from before Disney took over - I do not need to prove this, it is common knowledge.

Only now is Disney doing anything in regard to the Clone Wars show, duh.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Yet, I'll humour you so you can enjoy that humble pie.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Clone_Wars:_The_Lost_Missions

The lost missions were written and well underway by Oct 2012, which is when Disney bought Lucasfilm - they were already done - unless they re-wrote all the last missions in less than a month.

No, Filoni had confirmed it.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited February 2020

The lost missions were written and well underway by Oct 2012, which is when Disney bought Lucasfilm - they were already done - unless they re-wrote all the last missions in less than a month.

I'm not saying the chips didn't exist. I'm saying it is an excuse for the clones to be the good guys and still execute order 66 by making it not a free will choice. I have seen the shows. So no humble pie is necessary.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

I'm not saying the chips didn't exist. I'm saying it is an excuse for the clones to be the good guys and still execute order 66 by making it not a free will choice. I have seen the shows. So no humble pie is necessary.

But why argue saying it was Disney's doing? Don't get me wrong I strongly dislike most of what Disney has done with the franchise, but this was a Lucas thing. that's all I'm saying.

I agree, totally it makes the clones more "likeable" which I think is a good thing really. I appreciate not everyone would agree with that.
  • Boo! Chucko-Marek! Can you just stop arguing?!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Zombefyer wrote: »
    Boo! Chucko-Marek! Can you just stop arguing?!

We are not arguing - we are discussing, the end comments show we came to some agreement, yes?
  • Endor Orbit

"While we had believed that the rebellion had been defeated on Hoth and sent scattering over the galaxy, a straggler group of rebel forces had amassed near Sullust and planned to take out the new Death Star hovering above the forest moon of Endor. Needless to say the men of the 501st weren't exactly eager for a repeat of what happened over Yavin IV despite their incredibly low odds but we didn't take any risks plus it was a chance to make up for not protecting the Death Star the first time. So the men of the 501st took to our ships and engaged the rebellion one more time for old time's sake. Even though we felt this was the end, we wanted it to end with a bang."

"As we received word that a strike team had begun an attack to destroy the shield generator protecting the Death Star, the 501st tore through enemy fighters in space and landed on the planet. It was time to put this rebellion to bed for good."
  • Endor

"As we landed on the forest moon, we knew that things had become a mess near the bunker where the generator was located, but we didn't expect the natives to put up a fight with such primitive weaponry which caught us all off-guard. Regardless we pressed on and while we didn't know this would be the final stand for the 501st, we were going to make sure it was a memorable battle and finally bring peace to the galaxy ."

"As the Death Star exploded from orbit, we realized the battle was over but not initially. As we fought on we slowly realized we were fighting a battle we couldn't win but we made our stand and lost a lot of good men on that dark day. I now sit in a rebel cell as I dictate this journal waiting to be tried for my actions. Do we regret what we did? All the atrocities we committed in the name of the emperor? Perhaps some but I don't. This was the story of a legion of men who fought and bled together as one, a group who could make planets quiver in fear and respect at the mention of our name and while history may not look kind upon us and what we did I wouldn't change a thing if I could do it over again and I will always be proud of the men I served with. This was the story...Of the 501st."

The End
  • The original Kamino Journal Entry:

"To this day, I can't understand what motivated our creators to rise up against us. Had they gone mad? Had we failed them in some way? In the end, it really didn't matter; the Kaminoans had to be stopped, and their army of treacherous gene cousins destroyed. The first few kills were the hardest; after all, it's hard not to get a little spooked when the enemy screams in your voice; but we shook it off, and did our job. Most of the troops never knew about Kamino, but like many things in the Empire, it never really happened"