How do you beat Nightsisters?

2Next

Replies

• A relic'd up FO team works wonders. Thanks, Galactic Legend requirements!
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Jarvind wrote: »
    A relic'd up FO team works wonders. Thanks, Galactic Legend requirements!

What do you run in your FO squad currently? I too am going FO route for GL
  • Also curious as I've been slowly building them up. R3 KRU, R4 FOX. What
  • You can use a GG team as well... so many counters for NS! Geos doesn't sound good with MT's plague, they might be killed pretty easily if undergeared vs a Relic NS team!
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    The second most effective counter that doesn't steal away from other powerful teams is BH with Jango and Boba. Personally, I use Embo lead with Boba, Jango, Cad, and Greedo. Embo lead allows BH to heal, which gets rid of plague more frequently. That's my go to. Works most of the time, unless the NS team is all super high relics. Works for both Asajj and Talzin leads.
    Embo lead only regens health. Bossk lead regens both health and protection.

True. Doesn't mean that Embo is not an effective counter though.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    A relic'd up FO team works wonders. Thanks, Galactic Legend requirements!

What do you run in your FO squad currently? I too am going FO route for GL

zzKRU - R7
    zFOST, FOO - R5
    zKylo, FOX - R4

I had KRU, Mask Kylo and FOX at low relics before the requirements were announced, so it was nice to have an excuse to give them all shiny red borders.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

The second most effective counter that doesn't steal away from other powerful teams is BH with Jango and Boba. Personally, I use Embo lead with Boba, Jango, Cad, and Greedo. Embo lead allows BH to heal, which gets rid of plague more frequently. That's my go to. Works most of the time, unless the NS team is all super high relics. Works for both Asajj and Talzin leads.

It could work though relying health alone seems unnecessarily risky, particularly against a dangerous opponent like Nightsisters.

Also, in GA banners matter and I can take down an NS squad with Bossk-led BH ending the battle with full banners. You cannot do that with Embo lead.
  • You need more potency on your team.

Than on mine?
    https://swgoh.gg/squads/173555/
    Pretty sure my EP Vader and Tarkin got 300 combined potency before considering EP lead. TFP and Thrawn are not potent
    That’s some good information. Your problem is Tarkin and tfp. Use bsf and DT instead.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Kokie wrote: »
    Bugs work great if the sisters are relicd....no worries about bad RNG going that route

Bugs struggle against MT lead, because of all the revives assajj gains huge offense
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

It could work though relying health alone seems unnecessarily risky, particularly against a dangerous opponent like Nightsisters.

Also, in GA banners matter and I can take down an NS squad with Bossk-led BH ending the battle with full banners. You cannot do that with Embo lead.

Absolutely right. Bossk is the better choice.

I should mention I don't have Bossk geared or starred (nor Dengar). I chose to get Chewie by another route, and went with the aforementioned team instead. So for players who don't have Bossk (which is not many), Embo lead is not a bad option. Works for me.
  • Sanderzas wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Bugs work great if the sisters are relicd....no worries about bad RNG going that route

Bugs struggle against MT lead, because of all the revives assajj gains huge offense

That and Assajj debuff heal is evil
  • I use my main Arena squad, which is my Palps Sith team with some Empire. I can easily beat any NS team all R7 and win every single time. Always. I emphasise Always!

Anywho, Palps lead, Traya, Badstila, Thrawn, and lastly Vader. I have all the zetas on all of them too. I used to use Nihilus until I got Traya. Yes I'm one of the rare different players that doesn't use A Triumvirate squad. Ha. Make sure your Vader is as fast as possible, he is absolutely essential to start the TM monster train that I get. Then Thrawn usually goes next but sometimes my Palps does, my squad is all pretty fast too btw. Well next depending on who goes first Fracture or mass stun with Palps. I land stuns on pretty much all of them most the time cause of all the potency my Palps has. Dark Basti goes next and of course hit em' with that FEAR! Arguably, the best move in the game I think ha. I usually keep zombie shocked until I kill off the 2 revives, normally Talia is squishiest. Once the revives are gone Isolate that a annoying zombie. That's pretty much it, I just keep hitting them with Fear and stuns and they normally can't even take a turn against me ha, even at R7!
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Not trying to necro too much but I just came across this squad in my current GAC. Daka has over 100,000 health and they're all about +60-80 speed. Their Daka wasn't as fast but was extremely beefy and gains tons of TM from Zombie sacrifices.

zpcizd5z4s8a.png
    Went in with this:

plbrg1hlvdzu.png
    Ended like this:
    urqisdjhdzcz.png

A G8 Talia isn't ideal, but Veers' AoE can easily wipe anyone under G12+.
  • I defeat any and all nightsister teams with Palp lead, Vader, Shaw fallen, Nihilus and Darth Revan or Sion or Thrawn
  • I defeat any and all nightsister teams with Palp lead, Vader, Shaw fallen, Nihilus and Darth Revan or Sion or Thrawn
    That's fine for squad arena, but if you're talking GA/TW, then the nightsister team won if you used those characters against them because that's potentially 3 different teams you're pulling from to beat them...Palp team(Palp/Vader), Darth Revan team(DRevan/Bastila), and Traya team(Nihilus/Sion).
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Not trying to necro too much but I just came across this squad in my current GAC. Daka has over 100,000 health and they're all about +60-80 speed. Their Daka wasn't as fast but was extremely beefy and gains tons of TM from Zombie sacrifices.

zpcizd5z4s8a.png
    Went in with this:

plbrg1hlvdzu.png
    Ended like this:
    urqisdjhdzcz.png

Pair a g8 Talia with a g11 Zombie to support a g11 Talzin and you're gonna have a bad time no matter how beefcake your Daka is. Veers thrives on easy kills and will plow through you.
    It's like they put in g8 Talia on purpose to build up Ventress and Daka, but it's not going to work the way they want it to.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »

zpcizd5z4s8a.png
    Went in with this:

plbrg1hlvdzu.png
    Ended like this:
    urqisdjhdzcz.png

Yeap. That’s what I said: if you can kill any NS in one turn, you can use imp troopers against them. If you can’t you are as good as dead.