Looking for advice on direction

So, I quit playing the game for around 4 months or so. Just recently have come back in the past month. I really am not sure where exactly to go. I am nearly done with the DR farm, and already have JKR. Once I finish that I'm not sure if I should focus on Padme, C3PO, or finishing off my Geo team in general. It's kind of a mess right now, here is my swgoh.gg account https://swgoh.gg/p/924921329/ . Let me know where you would take it. I don't want to extend beyond my abilities.

Replies

• I'm kinda leaning towards those Goes. LSGTB is all but unplayable at the moment, but DSGTB is becoming more fun and Geos are needed there. Plus your Ewoks are a bit rough, so that would make 3PO a longer grind. What areas of the game do you like playing?
  • You should focus on Padme and C3PO, then work towards getting General Skywalker. You need to gear up General Grievous, Nute Gunray, the Nightsisters, and Shaak Ti to get a better clone team.
  • I'm kinda leaning towards those Goes. LSGTB is all but unplayable at the moment, but DSGTB is becoming more fun and Geos are needed there. Plus your Ewoks are a bit rough, so that would make 3PO a longer grind. What areas of the game do you like playing?

I like a lot of the areas. Never been huge on Arena, but I really enjoy GAC for the most part. Raids are fun, as well as TW and TB. My Ewoks are in a bad spot, for sure. I always postponed going for 3PO before I stopped playing.
  • SenorPompo wrote: »
    I'm kinda leaning towards those Goes. LSGTB is all but unplayable at the moment, but DSGTB is becoming more fun and Geos are needed there. Plus your Ewoks are a bit rough, so that would make 3PO a longer grind. What areas of the game do you like playing?

I like a lot of the areas. Never been huge on Arena, but I really enjoy GAC for the most part. Raids are fun, as well as TW and TB. My Ewoks are in a bad spot, for sure. I always postponed going for 3PO before I stopped playing.

For 3PO, you need to leave Teebo and Scout out. I will say I love 3PO. With him in JTR lead and her droids, HAAT solo is as easy as clicking auto after manual phase 1. I've seen people say Geo is the way to go for Padme. I will try my geo team for Padme tonight to see how far I get, that is if the event is playable in the journey section. I'm currently working on GAS, so I will say that in your position currently, you're looking at possibly a year? My first goal was to 7* all my characters, then go for gear. I have about 20 left to 7*. My grind schedule was pick a character from the LS table, DS table, arena store, cantina and farm only that character.
  • As a long term suggestion I’d start moving towards filling out the entirety of Empire and Rebels. Don’t bother with Rey and Kylo because you’ll be too far behind the curve if you aren’t already most of the way to getting them (you aren’t).

Jedi Luke is bound to drop as a Galactic Legend, and if he follows suit with Kylo and Rey we’ll need pretty much the entire faction to get him. Plus - empire and rebels are a lot of fun.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    As a long term suggestion I’d start moving towards filling out the entirety of Empire and Rebels. Don’t bother with Rey and Kylo because you’ll be too far behind the curve if you aren’t already most of the way to getting them (you aren’t).

Jedi Luke is bound to drop as a Galactic Legend, and if he follows suit with Kylo and Rey we’ll need pretty much the entire faction to get him. Plus - empire and rebels are a lot of fun.

empire and rebels? what year is it?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • As a long term suggestion I’d start moving towards filling out the entirety of Empire and Rebels. Don’t bother with Rey and Kylo because you’ll be too far behind the curve if you aren’t already most of the way to getting them (you aren’t).

OP, I would highly recommend not doing this. This would have you pump a ton of resources into not very competitive squads on speculation that they might someday be used to maybe unlock a hypothetical character.

Your initial feeling to go after Padme is probably best. She is arguably the cheapest team to compete with in arena in terms of investment, and most of her team is needed for the GAS event.

that said, farming the rest of the resistence in the background is probably a good idea so you can eventually get GL Rey
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

He said 4 months, not 4 years.
    OP, solid advice from littleMAC.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Long term, guys - definitely finish the squads he’s currently working on first. Galactic Legends are the longest of long terms. Just work on them slowly on the side.

Non-competitive? Rebels are a fine squad that can still more than hold their own against all but maybe 5 squads. Empire is still a staple counter to many GAC teams.

And you seem to really be doubting they’ll release a rebel Galactic Legend. I think it’s an inevitability.
  • Long term, guys - definitely finish the squads he’s currently working on first. Galactic Legends are the longest of long terms. Just work on them slowly on the side.

Non-competitive? Rebels are a fine squad that can still more than hold their own against all but maybe 5 squads. Empire is still a staple counter to many GAC teams.

And you seem to really be doubting they’ll release a rebel Galactic Legend. I think it’s an inevitability.

Non-competitive =/= not very competitive. I would not call the 5th best team (at best) very competitive. And that is just CLS, the rest of the rebels are not good in any sense of the word. Empire is a good counter to some B/C squads, but not to many of the good A squad compositions.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

Ok Edward
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Long term, guys - definitely finish the squads he’s currently working on first. Galactic Legends are the longest of long terms. Just work on them slowly on the side.

rebels and empire are garbage right now. giving someone "advice" bc maybe someday down the road after the FO/Res GL's a GL master luke could maybe come even tho iirc they've never even teased it is not good advice.

edit: it's a resource management game. but then again you want new meh characters so guyshrugging.emoji
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Slothmaster
    247 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I get it, it’s easy to paint me as a crazy doomsday sayer with a cardboard sign on the side of the road “Jedi Luke cometh!”

None of you are wrong, especially @littleMAC77, you’re absolutely right about the majority of the rebels being total trash. At most I’d say be prepared, Star but don’t gear the OT guys, and relic only the best and most iconic rebels, most of which he’s close to already.

It might be bad advice, it’s just my opinion, and it’s just one viewpoint. All I can say is that I’ve played this game for a long time, and chasing current metas (in the case of GL Kylo/Rey, soon-to-be metas) as a free to player will almost always leave you in the dust.

The only way to truly get ahead of the curve is to have already built up something that hasn’t even been announced yet. It’s a big risk, but it’s the only way to get such a reward. It just so happens that when General Skywalker dropped I was already sitting on clones purely because I liked them.

Now, that was just luck, and this just is an educated guess, but if you’re a more casual player (the kind willing to step away from the game for months at a time) and you want to play in the arena with the big boys? This is the way.

• The only way to truly get ahead of the curve is to have already built up something that hasn’t even been announced yet. It’s a big risk, but it’s the only way to get such a reward. It just so happens that when General Skywalker dropped I was already sitting on clones purely because I liked them.

Now, that was just luck, and this just is an educated guess, but if you’re a more casual player (the kind willing to step away from the game for months at a time) and you want to play in the arena with the big boys? This is the way.

I'm all for playing the long game, but it’s possible to look too far ahead. You still have to be competitive in GA and TW, you still have to be able to place high in raids, you still have to be able to be a contributor to get into a good guild. Missing out on rewards in the present will slow down preparation for the future anyway.