Mace Windu

2Next

Replies

• Are the comics canon?

If they are, aren't there some of them that had some running scared padawans & a lower tier Knight that "almost" took him down, damaged him anyway. And that would have been right after Episode-3.

He seemed iffy in Rebels to me, hell of a pilot v/s an unsuspecting & not amazing early Phoenix A-Wing squad, but in the duel on Malchor(sp), he was just ok v/s Ahsoka.

Vader is a bad ****, no doubt in my mind, but I feel like he never really faced off against decent competition.

Its like 1980's/90's tanks in middle east battlefields. In the middle east they mostly faced 1950-1970 era tanks.

Would the M1A1 still be amazing if it was forced to fight a British Challenger?

I don't see where Vader (Darth/Anakin) ever faced anyone approaching his own "power" level except Kenobi.

And in that fight Kenobi won. And that was pre-cyborg.

Post Cyborg all I've ever seen, in canon, is him hunting down half trained fleeing Jedi with boatloads of Storm Troopers backing him up.

PS. When did Dooku beat Mace? When he was training him as a Padawan? I don't recall this from any films.

• khelzac wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    khelzac wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Dont understand the Mace love, rather have Vader be a top character

I don't think it's about Mace needing to be a top character. It's just that he's been sooo bad for sooo long.

Going by that, CUP needs a rework and so do the tuskens. I couldn't care less about a Mace rework (not particularly fond of the character). As stated above, Vader needs a rework.

You don't have to care. You asked why others do.

Also it's a stretch to compare a member of the Jedi Council to generic toons.

Fair enough. I just hope he stays bad cuz free forum entertainment but I do have him G11 anyway. Its fun using him as a 5th on my Padme team xD

When he eventually gets his rework, you can enjoy the countless threads of people complaining his overpowered he is.

Like with Yoda’s rework last year.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Dont understand the Mace love, rather have Vader be a top character

I don't think it's about Mace needing to be a top character. It's just that he's been sooo bad for sooo long.

Going by that, CUP needs a rework and so do the tuskens. I couldn't care less about a Mace rework (not particularly fond of the character). As stated above, Vader needs a rework.

You don't have to care. You asked why others do.

Also it's a stretch to compare a member of the Jedi Council to generic toons.

Fair enough. I just hope he stays bad cuz free forum entertainment but I do have him G11 anyway. Its fun using him as a 5th on my Padme team xD

When he eventually gets his rework, you can enjoy the countless threads of people complaining his overpowered he is.

Like with Yoda’s rework last year.

It only lasted a month until Bastila came out.
  • I guess Anakin against Kenobi can´t count as a real "fight" - it was very cinematic and this was his first real fight as a "bad" guy.
    But yes, he lost this one.

Against the Inquisitors he was real badass.
    It is hard to tell if CG wants a Vader from movies or a Vader from the Star Wars Universum.

Sure he isn´t a bad toon at all, but it would be nice if he was a little bit more powerful
  • Vader and Sith have had several reworks over the years. Mace (and other Jedi) have had none.
  • I use mace all the time and he works fine for me. Only complaint I have with him is his speed. He is 7* gear LVL 12 but like someone said about Yoda mine is 7* gear LVL 11 and he hits way harder than mace but then again my mods are better on Yoda too.
  • The thing is...

Vader:
    -Optional
    -Good early
    -Has some validity under an EP team (TM!)

Mace:
    -Required (for ship challenges, etc.)
    -Not good early (perhaps 5* Yoda unlock... maybe)
    No Jedi lead improves him (beyond Bastila, but every1 gets prot under her)

So while Vader would be nice, and though I would appreciate his rework more cos Vader=awesome, Windu is mechanically far more in need.
  • Mace and the GR Jedi need a BHunter Level rework - not meta, but actually useful (particularly together). Think about Cad Bane or Zam as examples!
  • Oh and on Vader....
    With Platooned DR, moving Badstilla to EP
    —> EP, Badstilla, Vader, Thrawn + DTrooper/Dooku can auto phase 4 of GeoDSTB.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Are the comics canon?

If they are, aren't there some of them that had some running scared padawans & a lower tier Knight that "almost" took him down, damaged him anyway. And that would have been right after Episode-3.

He seemed iffy in Rebels to me, hell of a pilot v/s an unsuspecting & not amazing early Phoenix A-Wing squad, but in the duel on Malchor(sp), he was just ok v/s Ahsoka.

Vader is a bad ****, no doubt in my mind, but I feel like he never really faced off against decent competition.

Its like 1980's/90's tanks in middle east battlefields. In the middle east they mostly faced 1950-1970 era tanks.

I don't see where Vader (Darth/Anakin) ever faced anyone approaching his own "power" level except Kenobi.

Post Cyborg all I've ever seen, in canon, is him hunting down half trained fleeing Jedi with boatloads of Storm Troopers backing him up.

PS. When did Dooku beat Mace? When he was training him as a Padawan? I don't recall this from any films.
    ? Vader faced off against Old Ben, Kenobi, and CLS.... and killed EP.
  • Are the comics canon?

Haven't seen the new movie then I take it .spoiler alert..... EP is alive
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »
    Are the comics canon?

Guess you missed the part where he is a clone?

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Treeburner wrote: »
    Are the comics canon?

Guess you missed the part where he is a clone?

Everyone did they cut his backstory but that's neither here nor there . It's not like Cody and rex separate clones with separate memories.
    The body that he is inhabitanting is a like for like nearly ,also the fact that he is referenced as emperor palpatine means he can't be dead .
    He can force shift himself into a empty shell
    If he was dead then there wouldn't be a EP in the movie. Dead means dead mind and soul .
    What your describing is Vader turning him into a vegetable dead body, brain and "soul" still alive.
  • ay40tycnexjv.jpg
  • After the episode "Unfinished business" (season 7 episode 4) it is a must to rework our popular Mace Windu. He should use more with the force (to neutralize the bomb about Skako Minor). Mace Windu (as High Jedi General) and High Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi deserve better synergies and ability to command the Alpha and 3rd Systems Army in the Galactic Republic during the clone wars.