685 posts EA Community Manager
edited February 2020
vfle9aqjpir2.jpg

[Developer Insight]

UNIT NAME: Raddus
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Capital Ship, Resistance
FLEET COMMANDER: Amilyn Holdo
Supportive Resistance Capital Ship that will do whatever is necessary to protect the fleet

ABILITIES:

Basic: Ace Maneuver
pjtbud4f5sn1.gif

FINAL TEXT: Target ally gains 20% Turn Meter, Foresight for 2 turns, and is called to assist. If the assisting ally is Resistance, Expose the target enemy for 2 turns, which can't be evaded or resisted.

Special 1: Recharge Deflectors (Cooldown 3)

c1lmnrat7iv8.gif

FINAL TEXT: Target ally gains Tenacity Up and Deflector Shield for 2 turns and 50% Turn Meter.

Deflector Shield: At start of turn, recover 25% Protection, doubled for Resistance allies, and gain Foresight for 2 turns; can't be copied.

Special 2: Outlast (Cooldown 4)

pxn0c43iuw2n.gif

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on all allies. All allies gain Protection Up (20%) for 2 turns, recover 50% Protection, and gain 20% Turn Meter. All Resistance allies gain Deflector Shield for 2 turns.

Special 3: (Ultimate) Holdo Maneuver (Cooldown 10)

3f8g5nbjjboh.gif

FINAL TEXT: If no enemy Capital Ship is present at the start of battle, this ability can't be used.

Dispel all debuffs on all allies and they gain 100% Turn Meter. Inflict Healing Immunity and Buff Immunity on all enemies for 2 turns.

Sacrifice the Raddus to destroy the enemy Capital Ship, then call a random Reinforcement if able to.

This ability can't be evaded, starts on cooldown, and its cooldown is reduced by 1 each time a Resistance ally with Foresight uses a Special ability.

Unique 1: Stay the Course

FINAL TEXT: Resistance allies deal 40% more damage and have +75% Max Protection. At the start of battle, Resistance allies gain Deflector Shield and Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns. Whenever a Resistance ally loses Foresight, they gain Evasion Up and Protection Up (20%) for 2 turns.

When the Raddus uses the Holdo Maneuver, grant all allies Advantage, Tenacity Up, and Deflector Shield for 2 turns.

Reinforcement Bonus:
Reinforcements gain Stealth for 3 turns. If the Reinforcement was a Resistance ally, they gain Deflector Shield for 2 turns.

Replies

• Ult looks pretty cool, bravo!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Pretty cool kit. The animation for Holdo Manuever is great

Too much protection regeneration from deflector shield and capital ship will make Hound's Tooth super annoying again
  • The animation for the Holdo maneuver looks kind of time consuming... the five minutes is limiting and with a ship like this that has high protection regen, the time will be dwindling and this will drain it further. It may seem small, but it matters.
  • It’s a great kit so well done ^_^ I just wish we’d have got a new Leia :(
  • Holdo Maneuver is pretty bada44444
  • Love the Holdo Maneuver animation!
  • Oh my god the holdo maneuver is actually in the game. Officially dead
  • Beautiful animations, but it looks like we're going to have looooooooong fights with all this protect regen
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    dalosto147 wrote: »
    Beautiful animations, but it looks like we're going to have looooooooong fights with all this protect regen
    Yeah

This is just another timeout team like Endurance
  • The animation for the Holdo maneuver looks kind of time consuming... the five minutes is limiting and with a ship like this that has high protection regen, the time will be dwindling and this will drain it further. It may seem small, but it matters.

Well, considering there won't be any more capital ship attacks/turns on either side after this and no more reinforcements called on either side except the 1 bonus reinforcement, I'm sure that will more than negate the amount of time for the animation.
  • Just remember all, every time this ult is used, another Holdo dies.
  • Cool kit I guess, but relying on a dark side tank doesn't help in TB. Placeholder perhaps?
  • The synergy is just who is used to unlock. Laaaa-zy. Why is Kenobi listed as synergizing with Resistance Thing 1 and Thing 2? Because they forced you to use him in the Marquee. Lazy.
  • The final text of Holdo Maneuver has me curious. Kinda suggests we'll get to a point where Capital ships either have health and can be targeted or that we'll be able to start a match without one
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    The synergy is just who is used to unlock. Laaaa-zy. Why is Kenobi listed as synergizing with Resistance Thing 1 and Thing 2? Because they forced you to use him in the Marquee. Lazy.

In this case I think it's the other way around; the unlocks were chosen because of their synergy, even if the non-Resistance ships are pretty plug and play.

The final text of Holdo Maneuver has me curious. Kinda suggests we'll get to a point where Capital ships either have health and can be targeted or that we'll be able to start a match without one

I think this is more just for TW than anything else rather than cap ships becoming more tangible, so to speak.
  • Several of the chosen ships have Protection Up built into their kits. So there's that I guess. Good thing my Holdo is lagging at G8...
  • +100 cool points for the Holdo Maneuver! Very nice addition CG!
  • Lmfao holdo maneuver Hahahaha. Why didn’t you guys have an ability for holdo to slap poe or something to? That would’ve made this even funnier haha.

Kit looks cool though. Just wish that there were actually some resistance ships to use but....poor planning and all
  • Expect new ships. Potentially a crew-less one very soon.
  • Looks pretty good. And such a op ability if you play ur cards right
  • Also with the resistance y wing it’ll fit perfectly

these are also in 1x speed i think, so i imagine it wont be that bad
  • DarthAsajj
    86 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I’ve got a lot of feelings about this ^^
    First I’m super happy to see Holdo’s ship, and OMG it does have a suicide attack like I was hoping, and the animation is gorgeous woah i’m In love!!!!!!! 😍😍😍

Second, i’m curious about this: « If no enemy Capital Ship is present at the start of battle, this ability can't be used. » Will there be battles that start without a capital ship?? 🤔

And last, I am super annoyed that non-resistance and non-FO ships are required for the Raddus and the Finalizer. You have no idea how much that angers me. I’ve been preparing for the Finalizer for years hoping it would arrive with TROS, I’m F2P so I decided to skip entirely all the KOTOR characters to focus on my First Order, knowing I would eventually catch up in Arena when a new Kylo would come out with TROS and I would be ready for him even as F2P. And now they’re saying we need KOTOR characters to unlock the new Resistance and FO content??? ****. They’ve never asked for multi-era requirements before! How can I prepare in advance if they ask such random requirements?? That’s really not nice :(
  • Actually I just realized that the fleet starting without a capital ship will be in Grand Arena and TW, when we destroy the capital ship in the first battle, then attack the same fleet again.
  • dalosto147 wrote: »
    Beautiful animations, but it looks like we're going to have looooooooong fights with all this protect regen
    Depends on when Holdo Manuever is activated ... after that - no more reinforcements, no refresh of Deflector Shield ... saves time.
  • Slothmaster
    247 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Dear lord, this some ship power creep if I’ve ever seen it. Forget Kenobi and Grievous, this ship makes Resistance teams completely untouchable. Probably Hound’s Tooth, too.

This right here is bonkers: Resistance allies deal 40% more damage and have +75% Max Protection. At the start of battle, Resistance allies gain Deflector Shield and Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns. Whenever a Resistance ally loses Foresight, they gain Evasion Up and Protection Up (20%) for 2 turns.

+75% max protection on top of all that protection recovery? Not to even mention the other scores of defensive buffs it gives out, that alone is completely bonkers. And for such a defense oriented ship a flat out 40% damage buff is unprecedented. Even aggressive ships give out crit damage or something, not flat damage.

Has a miniature ultimate ability on a 4 turn cooldown.

Basic ability is Thrawn’s on crack.

Yikes.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    wild guess:

"Units under Finalizer ignore protection and attack directly health points" a la Darth Nihilus...
  • Not sure if this has been answered, I did read over the commits,... But If this capital ship is in defense in GAC/TW... and sacrifices itself... and successfully defends... what is the state of the capital ship the next battle.
  • I would certainly hope it's dead. Like any other ship that died in the first battle. If not that's a glaring oversight. Probably why there's the text for her ultimate "if no enemy capital ship is present". Could use a Holdo fleet against the remnants of a defensive Holdo fleet.