Relic 7 Scav Rey

Prev1
I mean at least give us a generic rework if you’re going to make us upgrade trash characters....sigh

Replies

• This is why I’m going for kylo instead, overall FO is better than the resistance
  • I'm still going for GA$. Just barely missed last time.

After that? Probably the GL toons, but who knows? There's a lot of work to do that gets a good pay off sooner than these GL monster-quests. Honestly, what I'm most afraid of is getting my toons all up to minimums and then starting the event and finding that when it says R3 to qualify, it means you need r7 and specialized, arena-level mods, with a specific speed order for your toons, so you have to spend 3 hours moving mods around to get things just perfect.

Moving mods is the worst aspect of this game. If you can't beat it with the minimum requirements and solid, but not perfectly customized mods, I'm just going to hate the thing. I do understand that having more gear and better mods will (and should) make it easier. But if you're going to require 48 relic'd toons, that's literally dozens of hours of gameplay spread over months of time right there. Forcing me to replay the darn thing over and over after I've done that much work doesn't make it feel like more of an accomplishment. It makes it feel more like a PITA.
  • Scav Rey was dope back in the day
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Res helps with LSGTB. That’s the reason why I’m going Rey.

This.
  • Scav Rey still hits hard with 1st and 2nd specials. That'll only improve with relics and potential interactions with the not-yet-revealed GL Rey kit.
  • Lrrr wrote: »
    I mean at least give us a generic rework if you’re going to make us upgrade trash characters....sigh

Cpt Phasma says hi
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Res helps with LSGTB. That’s the reason why I’m going Rey. Will be able to get 4/4 with all these new relics I’m putting on.

With everyone saying that it makes it seem like everyone is maxing out the DSGTB already.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Res helps with LSGTB. That’s the reason why I’m going Rey.

This.

Fun note,

She isn’t used in the resistance team that does good in LSGTB

Rey, Finn, Bb8, 3po & R2 is the team
  • Understandable
  • Scav Rey at relic? Yeah ... I can see it. She can hit like a mack truck when properly modded and put with the right team, but R7?!?!? I'd like to know what the devs at CG were smoking when they dreamed this one up, and pass it to the rest of us!!
  • These requirements are insane. You can’t follow this with countless much better options to level up. I think this "internal review" was about: How we can put this game down in a few months. Unbelievable CG.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Lrrr wrote: »

Cpt Phasma says hi

Yeah, I did laugh pretty hard when I read it, imagining all the people screaming , "Why?!"
  • To be fair.... relic 5 is where i like to take my relic characters.....

That said. I dont want to relic resistance pilot or rey scavenger....
  • I just pushed Phasma to R5. You’ll live.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Scav rey at 7 hurts but I can live with. But pilot...? Punch me
  • Remember that Everybody but FOX in this wave of requirements is a Crew Member and we are also getting Capital ships for both these factions - think of it as a long term investment in ships if it eases the pain....
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    They all three at least have ships. I think that was the reason (beside frustrating player base, of course)
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    They all three at least have ships. I think that was the reason (beside frustrating player base, of course)

That gives us an idea of how hard the Raddus fleet mastery event will be.
  • Am I the only one that don't know why the res pilot only needs r3 and phasma r5?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Lrrr wrote: »
    Cpt Phasma says hi
    zmbtiazy67ij.jpg
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    At least Scavenger Rey is MUCH more useable toon than Captain Phasma.

Heck the FO Officer is much more usable than Captain Phasma, thanks to the TM manipulation . The only difference is that Phasma can inflict Speed down, and er... pretty much nothing much else.

Captain Phasma definitely NEED a massive rework. She was pretty useful at the beginning as she was the only FO leader, but we got General Hux and KRU, and the new GL Kylo Ren (I would be very surprised if he doesn't have a leader tag!) which has relegated Phasma pretty much into the "trash" category.

The only positive is that it'll probably bump up her ship score up (as long you relic' up FO Stormtrooper and Original Kylo Ren) but I never really like the ships part of the game.

The next requirements probably will need you to have a 5/7 Relic Hux, 7* Finalizer, 5 Relic Tie Pilot and SF Tie Pilot with both of their ships at 7*. The final tier probably would need a 5 Relic Sith Trooper. At least that's much more bearable than the potential Rose Tico 5 relic (I like her as a character in the film, but in the game she's not even that useful.)
  • khdelboy wrote: »

Heck the FO Officer is much more usable than Captain Phasma, thanks to the TM manipulation . The only difference is that Phasma can inflict Speed down, and er... pretty much nothing much else.

Would you say "granting the entire team a 50% turn meter boost (plus advantage)" counts as strong TM manipulation? Because Phasma can, like, do that.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I'm with Jarvind. Phasma is useful in the same way that Rex and Plo Koon's specials are useful - used right, you can get the whole rest of your squad to go before the enemy squad takes a single turn.

Of course, Phasma is slower than Rex and doesn't have the rest of Rex's kit, but she's faster than Plo and IIRC Plo only grants +30% TM to Phasma's +50%.

I almost never use her, but that's at least as much about the faction she's in. As an FtP who chases the meta, I don't have time or resources to go back and Relic toons that aren't on my "must upgrade" schedule. So FO sits there a mix of g10-g12 toons that just never merited any more attention.

Maybe now they'll get it, but since I'm going Rey first (for LS Geo TB), I'll probably quit the game before my Phasma gets relic'd. I mean, sure she's better than some people credit her, but there's still a difference between being a decent toon and being a priority toon. It's been years since Phasma was the latter.

It is what it is.
  • I almost never use her, but that's at least as much about the faction she's in. As an FtP who chases the meta, I don't have time or resources to go back and Relic toons that aren't on my "must upgrade" schedule. So FO sits there a mix of g10-g12 toons that just never merited any more attention.

I'm a pretty major FO fanboi and I barely use her either, for whatever that's worth. But now that it looks like we'll be putting relics on the whole faction to get GL Kylo, I'll probably at least try to build a secondary team with her to use in GA defense or something. Her lead is still not great, but if it's possible to run Hux as a secondary lead she could act like a kinda bootleg substitute for the Stormtrooper.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png