Is this the coup de grace?

Prev13
Rhunne
527 posts Member
edited February 13
As more and more of the details are released, and the requirements become very clear, it is appearing as though this is cgs coup de grace.. Giving us content so very very unobtainable to a very high percentage of the player base that it will take months... If not a year + for a seasoned player to even get either one of these character... That is unless you want a second mortgage or spending a paycheck at a time.. Is this their last ditch push to keep milking? That's what it really seems like.

Hear me out. Star wars is done; well as a majority of people know it, but I highly doubt they will ever do any EU stuff. What is left is very limited (clone wars) for content, so then what? Galactic legends.. Something so far out in left field, that even some krakens arnt willing to open their wallets for.

Them making the requirements as ridiculous as they have, for character we know absolutely nothing about is litterally the end game.. The ultimate character, the ultimate weapon.

Personally I believe that this is the last stop for us in swgoh, the road map is complete and they have nothing else to offer us..

Replies

  • Ultra
    5648 posts Member
    Rhunne wrote: »
    Giving us content so very very unobtainable to a very high percentage of the player base that it will take months... If not a year + for a seasoned player to even get either one of these character... That is unless you want a second mortgage or spending a paycheck at a time.. Is this their last ditch push to keep milking? That's what it really seems like.
    feelings =/= facts
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    feelings =/= facts

    Fact.. Absolute fact. I've spent money, I would consider myself a minnow, maybe a dolphin, but there is zero way I will be ready for either with the next 6-12 months.. The relic requirement alone will completely drain my resources. Any f2p or newer ish player will stand no chance, none. This most definately just became a pay to win, no doubt in my mind. He/she who's wallet is deep enough will in fact be #1..

    Until the hardest to get toon gets its apples handed to it my by an older meta. Every new toon that has come out some playing this game has had counters from day 1 of release.

    You assume there will be a next meta..
  • what ian the next meta?
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    As more and more of the details are released, and the requirements become very clear, it is appearing as though this is cgs coup de grace.. Giving us content so very very unobtainable to a very high percentage of the player base that it will take months... If not a year + for a seasoned player to even get either one of these character... That is unless you want a second mortgage or spending a paycheck at a time.. Is this their last ditch push to keep milking? That's what it really seems like.

    Hear me out. Star wars is done; well as a majority of people know it, but I highly doubt they will ever do any EU stuff. What is left is very limited (clone wars) for content, so then what? Galactic legends.. Something so far out in left field, that even some krakens arnt willing to open their wallets for.

    Them making the requirements as ridiculous as they have, for character we know absolutely nothing about is litterally the end game.. The ultimate character, the ultimate weapon.

    Personally I believe that this is the last stop for us in swgoh, the road map is complete and they have nothing else to offer us..

    I’m thinking you may be right. We always hear about how this game will be done after stupid releases like this but this does feel different.
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    If not a year + for a seasoned player to even get either one of these character...
    If by seasoned players you mean those 5m+ accounts that somehow have 3-4 G13 only, sure. Otherwise that statement just seems exaggerated.

    If you are focused in both arenas, raids and adjust your cantina/fleet node farming accordingly, you can get a G12 to G13 upgrade and r5-7 each week (or 10 days tops) quite easily, even as a F2P. Do 9-10 relic characters really feel too much for one of the GLs, given that it's meant to be end game content?

    (Before you point it out, if you are not spending or you are not a very focused F2P, there's absolutely no reason you should unlock GLs within the first few days, weeks)
  • Careful, if your knee jerks that much with each reaction you're going to get arthritis.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    Rhunne wrote: »
    Rhunne wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    feelings =/= facts

    Fact.. Absolute fact. I've spent money, I would consider myself a minnow, maybe a dolphin, but there is zero way I will be ready for either with the next 6-12 months.. The relic requirement alone will completely drain my resources. Any f2p or newer ish player will stand no chance, none. This most definately just became a pay to win, no doubt in my mind. He/she who's wallet is deep enough will in fact be #1..

    Until the hardest to get toon gets its apples handed to it my by an older meta. Every new toon that has come out some playing this game has had counters from day 1 of release.

    You assume there will be a next meta..

    Um well yeah. No meta = no $

    This is the final meta..

    There is no suck thing of "final meta".
    Just actual meta and next meta.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Careful, if your knee jerks that much with each reaction you're going to get arthritis.

    This response wins the internet today.
  • TVF
    22486 posts Member
    Star Wars is far from done lol.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Pay 2 keep game alive im fine with what they r doing milkong whales for the next ywar or too... Is the game over no not by farm bet we got a good 2 yrs left my reasoning very simple
    1. New raid this year they alreasy said by mid year
    2. Havent got Jedi luke theybhave pretty straight forward said he would signify the games ending basically cause as one dev said he hasnt been released cause he will be the best character ever and they didnt want anyone able to beat him
    TB yea those are over LS geos made that clear even my guild 280mil is only getting 17* and is 370 mil guild gp from having a chance to complete... So bout idk 2yrs maybe to complete if we r lucky
    at this point idc bout new game modes i want more characters and ships thats all i want (besides a new raid)
  • Og and for reference i am like a minnows egg i spend 20$ a month for cry.... 50$ a montj during christmas months (dec/jan)
    And have 5.6 mil and in a top20 worldwide guild.... All 99% f2p so if you focus and know what ur doing u can easily still be in top20 of arena shard and in top ens of the swgoh.gg world
    ...can u farm what u want no u cant thats only thing i hate bout this game...
    But can u be among the whales as f2p yes u can easily within 1-2 months if you focus 13 char. On each side of all need relic 6 are out by time 3 and 4tg set xome out you could habe 1 and 2 almost done and with for close to 3 being done.... So when fully released uncouldnhabe 80% of the requirements done i would guess (for 1 not both) this is the1st time ever i think where u actually kinda do get to choose follow ds or follow the ls im guessing that they jave it planned for both to be meta where they can both bear each other easily but nothing else has much chance beating either one
  • P.s. also they r meant as plug and play they said (devs) so indont doubt it will have a few variations in area onlf eaxh of them potentially making both meta but multiple ways finally and hopefully diversafying the meta teams so every team will habe Kylo or Rey but have a bunch of differant kinds of teams we will see.... Im not happy for r7 phasma and RT but hey itnshould be worth it
  • ssj4tim
    83 posts Member
    edited February 13
    Not to defend CG because I think this new "random toons from the ages" thing is the most dumb thing I've ever heard for an unlock, but I don't agree f2p players don't stand a chance.

    While I do spend 10-20 here or there, I can say I haven't spent a dime on Galactic Legend preparation and I have 5 of the 6 toons announced ready for Rey. Mostly because I've been playing for awhile and I had the old Rey teams already g12, and since GLs have been announced been hording all my g12+ gear and it wasn't hard at all to up them. (Plus JTR and Finn are very useful relic'd so those were already 7). So far the only "useless" toon that is on the list is Resistance Pilot but even him when running 2 resistance teams in TW isn't useless.
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    As more and more of the details are released, and the requirements become very clear, it is appearing as though this is cgs coup de grace.. Giving us content so very very unobtainable to a very high percentage of the player base that it will take months... If not a year + for a seasoned player to even get either one of these character... That is unless you want a second mortgage or spending a paycheck at a time.. Is this their last ditch push to keep milking? That's what it really seems like.

    Hear me out. Star wars is done; well as a majority of people know it, but I highly doubt they will ever do any EU stuff. What is left is very limited (clone wars) for content, so then what? Galactic legends.. Something so far out in left field, that even some krakens arnt willing to open their wallets for.

    Them making the requirements as ridiculous as they have, for character we know absolutely nothing about is litterally the end game.. The ultimate character, the ultimate weapon.

    Personally I believe that this is the last stop for us in swgoh, the road map is complete and they have nothing else to offer us..

    Do you REALLY think Disney paid $4 BILLION if Star Wars is done? In fact, the plan is to alternate SW movies and Avatar movies, IIRC. Additionally, there are TV shows coming out to flesh out times between movies, other stuff like the Mandolorian and Kenobi series, etc. Disney will keep doing it as long as people keep spending on it. And people are spending.
  • I imagine the requirements are so steep and for characters largely useless because theyll probably stop working on this game within the next year so you'll have content to work on even when they're done
  • So, what, you think the devs are just going to shut down the servers after GLs are released? This doesn't even make sense.

    This thread is bad and you should feel bad.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png



  • Rhunne
    527 posts Member
    edited February 13
    Jarvind wrote: »
    So, what, you think the devs are just going to shut down the servers after GLs are released? This doesn't even make sense.

    This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

    Did I say shut down? I said coup de grace, maybe look up what that means. They are adding this "content" (galactic legends, lsgeo) at such an obscenely high level of difficulty (and no my issue isn't with the difficulty) to ride it out, milk It for a long as they can.

    We have pushed and pushed and pushed so long for actually content, doable content, something other then the same monotony that has been the norm for years, and what do we get? More of the same on a higher level.

    Given yes, those who pay thousands to play should have the advantage, more power to them, however, that will dry up eventually without things for us to do. The idea of galactic legends isn't content, it is a means to an end, a means to hopefully keep the cash flow (only time will tell this one). I'm fine with steep requirements, that is something to work towards, but not to the point of unobtainability... OK maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, everything is obtainable with time and or money, however in a lot of ways the shelf life will be done before a vast majority have achieved the end game, is that really how you want to make your player base feel?
Sign In or Register to comment.