Is this the coup de grace?

Prev13
Rhunne
624 posts Member
edited February 2020
As more and more of the details are released, and the requirements become very clear, it is appearing as though this is cgs coup de grace.. Giving us content so very very unobtainable to a very high percentage of the player base that it will take months... If not a year + for a seasoned player to even get either one of these character... That is unless you want a second mortgage or spending a paycheck at a time.. Is this their last ditch push to keep milking? That's what it really seems like.

Hear me out. Star wars is done; well as a majority of people know it, but I highly doubt they will ever do any EU stuff. What is left is very limited (clone wars) for content, so then what? Galactic legends.. Something so far out in left field, that even some krakens arnt willing to open their wallets for.

Them making the requirements as ridiculous as they have, for character we know absolutely nothing about is litterally the end game.. The ultimate character, the ultimate weapon.

Personally I believe that this is the last stop for us in swgoh, the road map is complete and they have nothing else to offer us..

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Rhunne wrote: »
    Giving us content so very very unobtainable to a very high percentage of the player base that it will take months... If not a year + for a seasoned player to even get either one of these character... That is unless you want a second mortgage or spending a paycheck at a time.. Is this their last ditch push to keep milking? That's what it really seems like.
    feelings =/= facts
  • what ian the next meta?
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    As more and more of the details are released, and the requirements become very clear, it is appearing as though this is cgs coup de grace.. Giving us content so very very unobtainable to a very high percentage of the player base that it will take months... If not a year + for a seasoned player to even get either one of these character... That is unless you want a second mortgage or spending a paycheck at a time.. Is this their last ditch push to keep milking? That's what it really seems like.

Hear me out. Star wars is done; well as a majority of people know it, but I highly doubt they will ever do any EU stuff. What is left is very limited (clone wars) for content, so then what? Galactic legends.. Something so far out in left field, that even some krakens arnt willing to open their wallets for.

Them making the requirements as ridiculous as they have, for character we know absolutely nothing about is litterally the end game.. The ultimate character, the ultimate weapon.

Personally I believe that this is the last stop for us in swgoh, the road map is complete and they have nothing else to offer us..

I’m thinking you may be right. We always hear about how this game will be done after stupid releases like this but this does feel different.
    Star wars is done; well as a majority of people know it, but I highly doubt they will ever do any EU stuff.

There are literally HUNDREDS of Canon characters they can still bring to the game from movies, TV, cartoons, comics and books. Not to mention, Disney will still be cranking out new Media.

That said, LSGTB was the final blow from a development perspective. It was a clear signal that the Devs have firmly moved into the "milk the whale" phase of this game. We won't be seeing significant playable content released at any reasonable cadence going forward.
  • I just don't get why we need a new game breaking meta every 3-4 months. There should be multiple metas running. It'd be nice to just get some quality characters to have fun with and are viable without needed that 1 god mode character to make the team good. It's not like there is even any content for these. LSTB is just a reskin and they only just started working on a new raid...
    If not a year + for a seasoned player to even get either one of these character...
    If by seasoned players you mean those 5m+ accounts that somehow have 3-4 G13 only, sure. Otherwise that statement just seems exaggerated.

If you are focused in both arenas, raids and adjust your cantina/fleet node farming accordingly, you can get a G12 to G13 upgrade and r5-7 each week (or 10 days tops) quite easily, even as a F2P. Do 9-10 relic characters really feel too much for one of the GLs, given that it's meant to be end game content?

(Before you point it out, if you are not spending or you are not a very focused F2P, there's absolutely no reason you should unlock GLs within the first few days, weeks)
    If not a year + for a seasoned player to even get either one of these character...
    If by seasoned players you mean those 5m+ accounts that somehow have 3-4 G13 only, sure. Otherwise that statement just seems exaggerated.

If you are focused in both arenas, raids and adjust your cantina/fleet node farming accordingly, you can get a G12 to G13 upgrade and r5-7 each week (or 10 days tops) quite easily, even as a F2P. Do 9-10 relic characters really feel too much for one of the GLs, given that it's meant to be end game content?

(Before you point it out, if you are not spending or you are not a very focused F2P, there's absolutely no reason you should unlock GLs within the first few days, weeks)

Not only will it take an extremely long time to get all required toons to the minimum, we are gearing and farming horribly uninteresting toons. How excited are you to gear and relic Resistance Pilot? Or Purple Hair I Hate Men lady? Or...Rose? 🤢
  • Everything that is playing out now is the result of CG_Carrie being fired and a bunch of know nothings being left to run things.
  • Careful, if your knee jerks that much with each reaction you're going to get arthritis.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
    Ultra wrote: »
    feelings =/= facts

Fact.. Absolute fact. I've spent money, I would consider myself a minnow, maybe a dolphin, but there is zero way I will be ready for either with the next 6-12 months.. The relic requirement alone will completely drain my resources. Any f2p or newer ish player will stand no chance, none. This most definately just became a pay to win, no doubt in my mind. He/she who's wallet is deep enough will in fact be #1..

Until the hardest to get toon gets its apples handed to it my by an older meta. Every new toon that has come out some playing this game has had counters from day 1 of release.

You assume there will be a next meta..

Um well yeah. No meta = no $

This is the final meta..

There is no suck thing of "final meta".
    Just actual meta and next meta.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Careful, if your knee jerks that much with each reaction you're going to get arthritis.

This response wins the internet today.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Star Wars is far from done lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Pay 2 keep game alive im fine with what they r doing milkong whales for the next ywar or too... Is the game over no not by farm bet we got a good 2 yrs left my reasoning very simple
    1. New raid this year they alreasy said by mid year
    2. Havent got Jedi luke theybhave pretty straight forward said he would signify the games ending basically cause as one dev said he hasnt been released cause he will be the best character ever and they didnt want anyone able to beat him
    TB yea those are over LS geos made that clear even my guild 280mil is only getting 17* and is 370 mil guild gp from having a chance to complete... So bout idk 2yrs maybe to complete if we r lucky
    at this point idc bout new game modes i want more characters and ships thats all i want (besides a new raid)
  • Og and for reference i am like a minnows egg i spend 20$ a month for cry.... 50$ a montj during christmas months (dec/jan)
    And have 5.6 mil and in a top20 worldwide guild.... All 99% f2p so if you focus and know what ur doing u can easily still be in top20 of arena shard and in top ens of the swgoh.gg world
    ...can u farm what u want no u cant thats only thing i hate bout this game...
    But can u be among the whales as f2p yes u can easily within 1-2 months if you focus 13 char. On each side of all need relic 6 are out by time 3 and 4tg set xome out you could habe 1 and 2 almost done and with for close to 3 being done.... So when fully released uncouldnhabe 80% of the requirements done i would guess (for 1 not both) this is the1st time ever i think where u actually kinda do get to choose follow ds or follow the ls im guessing that they jave it planned for both to be meta where they can both bear each other easily but nothing else has much chance beating either one
  • P.s. also they r meant as plug and play they said (devs) so indont doubt it will have a few variations in area onlf eaxh of them potentially making both meta but multiple ways finally and hopefully diversafying the meta teams so every team will habe Kylo or Rey but have a bunch of differant kinds of teams we will see.... Im not happy for r7 phasma and RT but hey itnshould be worth it
  • I think there may be some overreacting going on. This is a new type of event that is intended to be extremely difficult to obtain. The characters you are getting will most likely be meta defining. Limiting the amount at release by having steep requirements is probably a good thing. I am not upset about that.

I also don't think that this is the end. Why would it be? They can release new types of Galactic Legends with insane requirements for a long time to come. We still don't have Jedi Knight Luke. He will most likely come in an event like this. Imagine the requirements needed for THAT character!!! Leia, Stormtrooper Han, farmboy Luke, etc. They can milk all kinds of characters with this event. The devs already said there would be new clone wars content with the release of the final season of the show (or at least heavily hinted at it). So no, I don't think this is the LAST BIT OF CONTENT BEING RELEASE AND THE GAME IS DEAD. That is nonsense.

The game is still making money, the interest in Star Wars, despite what Disney has done to it, is strong and will remain relevant for a long time to come and with shows like the Mandalorian being so popular you KNOW they will have content for that. Plus they have a new raid coming out this year! Who will the raid reward character be? Probably meta defining.

I think we as players need to change our mindset on the new content being released. I'm guilty of doing this, we think we are entitled to have it at launch and get angry when we can't. Why? Just enjoy the journey towards unlocking these characters. I admit that having to put relic 7 on Scavenger Rey is a hard pill to swallow but by no means is this the END OF THE GAME!

Is the game perfect or without issues, no. Of course not but we really need to gain some perspective on how much this game DOES offer and how much fun we have playing it. Or at least I have fun playing it. I look forward to logging in every day for GAC, TB, TW, arena etc. Let's just wait and see what new requirements there will be, how good the new Rey and Kylo are, and what is coming up in the future and try not to make declarative statements like, "THIS IS THE END OF THE GAME".

just breath
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Og and for reference i am like a minnows egg i spend 20$ a month for cry.... 50$ a montj during christmas months (dec/jan)
    And have 5.6 mil and in a top20 worldwide guild.... All 99% f2p so if you focus and know what ur doing u can easily still be in top20 of arena shard and in top ens of the swgoh.gg world
    ...can u farm what u want no u cant thats only thing i hate bout this game...
    But can u be among the whales as f2p yes u can easily within 1-2 months if you focus 13 char. On each side of all need relic 6 are out by time 3 and 4tg set xome out you could habe 1 and 2 almost done and with for close to 3 being done.... So when fully released uncouldnhabe 80% of the requirements done i would guess (for 1 not both) this is the1st time ever i think where u actually kinda do get to choose follow ds or follow the ls im guessing that they jave it planned for both to be meta where they can both bear each other easily but nothing else has much chance beating either one

"99% F2P" and spending $180/year, so $900 total spent on a mobile game by this November? So 0% F2P?

You know F2P means "Free To Play," right? Not "spend over Five hundred To Play"?

3p34vs.jpg

• ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Not to defend CG because I think this new "random toons from the ages" thing is the most dumb thing I've ever heard for an unlock, but I don't agree f2p players don't stand a chance.

While I do spend 10-20 here or there, I can say I haven't spent a dime on Galactic Legend preparation and I have 5 of the 6 toons announced ready for Rey. Mostly because I've been playing for awhile and I had the old Rey teams already g12, and since GLs have been announced been hording all my g12+ gear and it wasn't hard at all to up them. (Plus JTR and Finn are very useful relic'd so those were already 7). So far the only "useless" toon that is on the list is Resistance Pilot but even him when running 2 resistance teams in TW isn't useless.

Do you REALLY think Disney paid $4 BILLION if Star Wars is done? In fact, the plan is to alternate SW movies and Avatar movies, IIRC. Additionally, there are TV shows coming out to flesh out times between movies, other stuff like the Mandolorian and Kenobi series, etc. Disney will keep doing it as long as people keep spending on it. And people are spending.
  • I imagine the requirements are so steep and for characters largely useless because theyll probably stop working on this game within the next year so you'll have content to work on even when they're done
  • What I really miss is new content to reach these chars. Of course it is possible to simply collect all the stuff day by day doing auto something, but this is totally boring...without the guild I would have quit already...it is not the Game itself anymore. Something like galactic war is missing. This was a daily challenge with great rewards in the past...now ist is nothing and the rewards are not up to date. Why not just creating a new daily like this?
  • So, what, you think the devs are just going to shut down the servers after GLs are released? This doesn't even make sense.

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• It appears I am in the minority, but I have no problem with the release and requirements. I enjoy the fact that once the event is released, I can get it at my pace, it will always be there. I don't have to spend any extra money to get these new galactic legend toons, I just need to have laser focus on my goal. I know I won't get them day one, and I'm fine with that. I figure by September or so I will have them.