Lol. You cant make this up.

2Next

Replies

• CadoaBane wrote: »
    Rafini wrote: »

i think you’re missing the point. not saying ftp. i’ve put into this game enough in the past. i’m saying that the requirements have gotten steeper than they ever have in the shortest amounts of time and to expect a player base to spend resources like that on characters that are utter trash is bad. especially when they have to go to the highest relic level available which sucks up sooooo many resources.

i finish first in both arenas and am in a good guild where i can get high star counts in both tb’s all things considered. even with those advantages it will take a ridiculous amount of time to get a single GL character. and what’s more worrisome is that by the time most have enough to get 1, the next will be announced and soon to be released needing a whole new faction of potentially useless characters (tuskens or jawas for jedi luke since the req’s for these are so loose) but with maybe more things needed by then.

the game is in a weird state now where “content” (new gear and new ways to power up existing characters basically) is coming out faster than ever. mods will be upgraded soon enough and you know whatever comes next will need those. when will the top end be burnt out as well?

They won’t. CG is making more in profit than ever. At this point, CG could sell Jar Jar as the most OP toon ever in the game and these whales and krackens would drop thousands for it. They’re to blame for the state of this game.

I'm no whale or kraken, but I would be hyped for JarJar 1000x more than for any of those sequel characters. B)

😂 so true.
  • baked_qft wrote: »
    IMPORTANT NOTE: We mentioned in Update Notes on Galactic Legends that the requirements will vary and that not all characters will require relics. After doing an internal review, we have decided to change the overall requirements so that all characters will require Relics. None of the announced character requirements are changing.

I mean it is what it is. Buy the ticket, take the ride I guess. But honestly, how many other companies get away with stuff like this. Too funny man. Why anyone gives them money is beyond me but hey, that's none of my business.

And conveniently there is no Q&A this month....after they reveal this news. I'd love to know the reasoning for this change. Other than of course to milk us for everything for a new character that we have no context to use it in other than Arenas and TB.
  • The best part is we are adding relics to toons so we can unlock a toon who negates relics. The iron my is richer than Scrooge McDuck.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    When CG said not all toons will require relics, I assumed they meant 1 or 2 toons at most out of 13

They can still ask for g13 and no relics

I don't see the big deal in requiring relics across the board, since the golden rule has always been EXPECT THE WORST

The problem for me isn't the requiring of relics. I think pretty much everyone assumed that would be the minimum given how they touted these new characters as such powerful characters with ultimate abilities, etc.

The problem is the lie they told. If you're not sure everything will require relics because you haven't done enough of an "internal review" to make that determination, then don't specifically say "Each character won't require relics."

Once you do say that, you have to stick to it. Otherwise, what little trust left in the decision makers is eroded.
    Go Pens!
    When CG said not all toons will require relics, I assumed they meant 1 or 2 toons at most out of 13

I don't see the big deal in requiring relics across the board, since the golden rule has always been EXPECT THE WORST

Sure, but not r7 scav rey and old kylo and we are only half way there. for all we know there will be ship gp requirements which also
    mean relic holdo? who knows. it’s too much now though
  • Ships don't require relics. So what CG told us was true, from a certain point of view.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    Rafini wrote: »

i think you’re missing the point. not saying ftp. i’ve put into this game enough in the past. i’m saying that the requirements have gotten steeper than they ever have in the shortest amounts of time and to expect a player base to spend resources like that on characters that are utter trash is bad. especially when they have to go to the highest relic level available which sucks up sooooo many resources.

i finish first in both arenas and am in a good guild where i can get high star counts in both tb’s all things considered. even with those advantages it will take a ridiculous amount of time to get a single GL character. and what’s more worrisome is that by the time most have enough to get 1, the next will be announced and soon to be released needing a whole new faction of potentially useless characters (tuskens or jawas for jedi luke since the req’s for these are so loose) but with maybe more things needed by then.

the game is in a weird state now where “content” (new gear and new ways to power up existing characters basically) is coming out faster than ever. mods will be upgraded soon enough and you know whatever comes next will need those. when will the top end be burnt out as well?

They won’t. CG is making more in profit than ever. At this point, CG could sell Jar Jar as the most OP toon ever in the game and these whales and krackens would drop thousands for it. They’re to blame for the state of this game.

I'm no whale or kraken, but I would be hyped for JarJar 1000x more than for any of those sequel characters. B)

Same here lol. #JarJarForSwgoh2020
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    What did you think it would be before, g8?

Well 8 + 1 = 81

And the square root of 81 is 9

So G9

Or is that 8+1=9

And the square of 9 is 3.

So relic 3... it higher. Perfect!
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Ships don't require relics. So what CG told us was true, from a certain point of view.

yeah but they get higher gp from pilots with higher gear and relics. so if they set a gp requirement that would mean even ships needs relics. as in relic pilots.
  • Rafini wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Ships don't require relics. So what CG told us was true, from a certain point of view.

yeah but they get higher gp from pilots with higher gear and relics. so if they set a gp requirement that would mean even ships needs relics. as in relic pilots.

So bad they cant even twist it into a semitruth
  • If I'm being honest, I prefer relic characters that actually make sense thematically (so yes, relic RT, Finn and Rey are fine) rather than something silly like "To get this new capital ship, you need this random list of ships that really aren't connected in any way thematically, just....because we said so."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I expected relics and given that its a persistent event, I don't mind the requirement. That said, It would be nice if they would do some tweaks to some of the really subpar kits they are forcing us to relic. See RP, Poe, (probably Rose).

• BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If I'm being honest, I prefer relic characters that actually make sense thematically (so yes, relic RT, Finn and Rey are fine) rather than something silly like "To get this new capital ship, you need this random list of ships that really aren't connected in any way thematically, just....because we said so."

Tuskens gonna be required for GL Luke be careful what u wish for...
  • I mean I was on board gearing 3 characters to relics....but to heck if I'm relic-ing phasma and executioner ontop of the other 4. I'm just gonna focus on helping my guild have tougher walls on TW and teams for GAC. Don't feed the CG monster. Play your game and do what you want and forget the rest.
  • Did anyone actually expect the majority of the requirements for Galactic Legends to be less than the recommended gear level for General Skywalker (Relic level 3)?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Yikes. There is, and has been for the longest time, only one problem causing this. Only one way to actually change the direction this game is going in. Krakens, Whales, Dolphins, Seals, Goldfish.... stop. STOP spending money on this game.

Think of it from simply a business perspective. (1) If you don’t give them money, they don’t make money. Wow, imagine that. (2) If they aren’t making money, they will have to change something because all they care about is money. (3) The only way they will convince people to spend money is to give them incentive, IE, give the people what they want, or at least listen to the concerns and make steps towards resolving the issues.

The only way. If you spend money on this game, you are feeding the greed and constantly allowing them to further con you into spending more and more. If you spend money on this game, and don’t like the direction it’s headed, you have no one to blame but yourself. It’s that simple.

Because there are toons being required to be relic that you otherwise would never take even to G12 much less R7. That’s a massive resource sink to make for an event. So far there are 4 R7 toons required. But aside from just that requiring a mass amount of relic material you have 12 toons needing to go G13. That’s 1200 kyro salvage just for the finishers lol. Not taking into account the other G12 finisher salvages required or gear necessary to get characters to G12. So this is a pretty big deal and really messed up on the devs part
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If I'm being honest, I prefer relic characters that actually make sense thematically (so yes, relic RT, Finn and Rey are fine) rather than something silly like "To get this new capital ship, you need this random list of ships that really aren't connected in any way thematically, just....because we said so."

If you’re being honest...so there’s a 50% chance you’re cool with randomness.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • It is what it is. You know people will cough up the money for it....
    I mean, they're obviously going to be more OP than GA$ is.
    It may even take a Padme team three...possibly even three and a HALF minutes to beat it for your investment.
    But only once you have all 5 Zetas.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Did anyone actually expect the majority of the requirements for Galactic Legends to be less than the recommended gear level for General Skywalker (Relic level 3)?

Majority? No. All? Yes... but only after they said so.

Then they went back on that and decided it really should be all.
  • baked_qft wrote: »
    IMPORTANT NOTE: We mentioned in Update Notes on Galactic Legends that the requirements will vary and that not all characters will require relics. After doing an internal review, we have decided to change the overall requirements so that all characters will require Relics. None of the announced character requirements are changing.

I mean it is what it is. Buy the ticket, take the ride I guess. But honestly, how many other companies get away with stuff like this. Too funny man. Why anyone gives them money is beyond me but hey, that's none of my business.

My name is Burt and I approve this message .