Is this the coup de grace?

Replies

• Rhunne wrote: »
    The idea of galactic legends isn't content, it is a means to an end, a means to hopefully keep the cash flow (only time will tell this one).

The purpose of a business is to make money. Wild, I know.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• If you are focused in both arenas, raids and adjust your cantina/fleet node farming accordingly, you can get a G12 to G13 upgrade and r5-7 each week (or 10 days tops) quite easily, even as a F2P.

I could not believe my eyes! What are you talking about? One week to upgrade a G13? And r5-7?? We are talking about exactly 820 pieces of G13 salvage here, including the 100 kyrotech. How can a F2P collect 820 salvage each week? I definatelly play another game, because I think this is impossible. An average F2P can not go below 200 in Arena, and below 20 in Fleet Arena, so the average crystal income is 60+50 from arenas. Add to this the dailies, maybe 100 crystals. So, how can you collect 820 salvage from 200 crystals a day?
    The raid rewards getting worse, especially from HAAT.
    The fleet node farming is also limited to some components per day with that 20% drop rate.
    And beyond that: r5-7 each week? How the hell?
    So no, as far as I see, I can't upgrade a G13 and r5-7 each week. Maybe in a month. At best.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    wow, this game has been dying for 4.25 years. time really flies
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Rhunne wrote: »
    The idea of galactic legends isn't content, it is a means to an end, a means to hopefully keep the cash flow (only time will tell this one).

The purpose of a business is to provide a product or service. Making money to cover expenses and provide for the needs of the owner is required in order to keep the business viable.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

The purpose of a business is to provide a product or service. Making money to cover expenses and provide for the needs of the owner is required in order to keep the business viable.
    Nobody will provide service if they are only making enough to cover expenses. I mean, what’s the point?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Nobody will provide service if they are only making enough to cover expenses. I mean, what’s the point?

sweet, another 60 hour week and I broke even! didn't go into debt again this week. Icountthisasanabsolutewin.meme
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Jarvind wrote: »

So...the purpose of a business is to make money. Why did you need to restate it in more words?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

CG is supposed to be a non-profit.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I really could care less if they make insane requirements for these characters as long as they put in new playable content to make me want to farm them even being ftp, but just releasing characters to play the same OLD content or be on top in arena is just lazy development and is not worth spending money on. I guess if you have unlimited funds have at it but sooner or later whales will only have whales to play against as ftp and dolphins will move on and that's when this game will end whales don't like pvp being even, they like to dominate.
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    So, what, you think the devs are just going to shut down the servers after GLs are released? This doesn't even make sense.

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Did I say shut down? I said coup de grace, maybe look up what that means. They are adding this "content" (galactic legends, lsgeo) at such an obscenely high level of difficulty (and no my issue isn't with the difficulty) to ride it out, milk It for a long as they can.

Definition of coup de grâce
    1 : a death blow or death shot administered to end the suffering of one mortally wounded
    2 : a decisive finishing blow, act, or event

Seems shutting down a server makes more sense than milking it for a long period of time, according to the definition I looked up.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited February 2020

Completely untrue. The vast majority of businesses are not publicly traded and do not exist for the whim of stockholders. Most, in fact, operate their entire existence with minimal or no profit. Think of almost every mom and pop store and restaurant in your local neighborhood; the vast majority of these are covering expenses and providing for the needs of the owner. Outside of these, of course, there is a whole category of business categorized as "non-profit".

• Olderaan wrote: »
    An average F2P can not go below 200 in Arena, and below 20 in Fleet Arena, so the average crystal income is 60+50 from arenas.?

Whut? I'm f2p, spend absolutly 0€ on this game and I keep my place quite easily in the Top50 of Squad Arena. I don't care much about ships, so I don't know. But I think I'm in a lazy shipshard...
    Joined game Sept '16 and am really activly playing it since Jan '17. So no planned headstart or such thing
  • Ultra wrote: »

Completely untrue. The vast majority of businesses are not publicly traded and do not exist for the whim of stockholders. Most, in fact, operate their entire existence with minimal or no profit. Think of almost every mom and pop store and restaurant in your local neighborhood; the vast majority of these are covering expenses and providing for the needs of the owner. Outside of these, of course, there is a whole category of business categorized as "non-profit".

So what? Is CG a nonprofit? nope. Are they a mom and pop store? nope. CG is a development studio owned by EA, a publicly traded corporation who's sole goal is profit.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Most, in fact, operate their entire existence with minimal or no profit.

Tell me more about these business owners who don't need to eat or pay rent.

Also, "non-profit" i.e. 501(c)(3) just means your business has to be centered around one of a number of tax-exempt purposes, and can't lobby with legislators. There's no rule that says the owner can't pay themselves a fat salary.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

What do you do for a living?
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    For the next whatever event or release they will ask for requirements 7* vandor chewie, visas marr, range trooper ,l3-37, wat tambor and embo, and b28 bomber + hyena bomber. No connection with the event but they ll see in the data that not many people have them starred , geared
  • I just have to say that while I'm usually pushing back against people who are announcing that X isn't actually new content, this time I have to take the "no new content" role.

A toon is not new content. A toon is something to have. Content is something to do.

The GL toons are new toons, not new content. Deciding whether or not you want a GL character (and which one) will help you decide where you want to stick the rewards you get from actually doing things. But they're still things to have, not things to do.

Please let's not pretend that they've released any new "content" related to GLs. They've released information. Someday they'll release an event, but even that will be a one-time thing, it won't provide you with something to do in an ongoing way like Raids do or like GW did once upon a time at the beginning of the game.

GL Rey and GL Kylo are not new content. Their events are new content, but the least relevant type of content - one and done.

The real concern is what do we do with the toons we collect? If there's nothing to do with them that we're not already doing with other toons right now, then that's a huge problem.

So let's not confuse the new toons with the new content, eh?

As an aside, though, I did notice this:
    Or Purple Hair I Hate Men lady?

Visit Hoth. You'll feel right at home.

• Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Most, in fact, operate their entire existence with minimal or no profit.

Also, "non-profit" i.e. 501(c)(3) just means your business has to be centered around one of a number of tax-exempt purposes, and can't lobby with legislators. There's no rule that says the owner can't pay themselves a fat salary.

"the vast majority of these are covering expenses and providing for the needs of the owner."
    Why leave this part out it basically answers your question, the needs being his rent and food.

Staff salaries are taken before you get to work out net profit and the owner takes a salary it's called running costs.

Net Profit is what you are left with after all running costs are paid .
    Im shocked that this needs a explanation.

If you are focused in both arenas, raids and adjust your cantina/fleet node farming accordingly, you can get a G12 to G13 upgrade and r5-7 each week (or 10 days tops) quite easily, even as a F2P.
    An average F2P can not go below 200 in Arena, and below 20 in Fleet Arena, so the average crystal income is 60+50 from arenas. Add to this the dailies, maybe 100 crystals. So, how can you collect 820 salvage from 200 crystals a day?
    The fleet node farming is also limited to some components per day with that 20% drop rate.
    So no, as far as I see, I can't upgrade a G13 and r5-7 each week. Maybe in a month. At best.
    Did you miss the 'focused' part? Top 10 hsr ranking and top 3 in both arenas was implied. 3 refrehes on cantina, 3 on fleet nodes farming G12+ gear, only farming SiT/Hux and kyro/finishers with normal energy. It's not impossible with 900+ crystals a day.

That's not the casual, everyday F2P of course. But can you give one good reason why the average F2P should be ready to unlock either of the GLs within days of their release?

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    TVF wrote: »
    Star Wars is far from done lol.

But I heard the rights were being sold to Warner Bros and they were going to use the writers of Batman vs Superman.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Star Wars is far from done lol.

But I heard the rights were being sold to Warner Bros and they were going to use the writers of Batman vs Superman.

Also Batman and Superman will be Jedi.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited February 2020

So what? Is CG a nonprofit? nope. Are they a mom and pop store? nope. CG is a development studio owned by EA, a publicly traded corporation who's sole goal is profit.

Never said they were. I merely commented on someone's erroneous contention that the purpose of a business is to make money.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Most, in fact, operate their entire existence with minimal or no profit.

An owners salary is a business cost just like any other employees. Unless of course you as the owner are not actually providing labor to your own business.

What do you do for a living?

Why?

Never said they were. I merely commented on someone's erroneous contention that the sole purpose of a business is to make money.

Fair enough I suppose, but does that also mean you are saying that small business owners are not trying to make money? Making money =/= getting "rich". And yes, paying yourself a wage requires you to make money beyond expenses.

If you are focused in both arenas, raids and adjust your cantina/fleet node farming accordingly, you can get a G12 to G13 upgrade and r5-7 each week (or 10 days tops) quite easily, even as a F2P.
    An average F2P can not go below 200 in Arena, and below 20 in Fleet Arena, so the average crystal income is 60+50 from arenas. Add to this the dailies, maybe 100 crystals. So, how can you collect 820 salvage from 200 crystals a day?
    Did you miss the 'focused' part? Top 10 hsr ranking and top 3 in both arenas was implied. 3 refrehes on cantina, 3 on fleet nodes farming G12+ gear, only farming SiT/Hux and kyro/finishers with normal energy. It's not impossible with 900+ crystals a day.

Hmm... "top 3 in both arenas". Typical F2P, isn't it? :) "It's not impossible with 900+ crystals". Of course not! But it should be called whale or genius.
    That's not the casual, everyday F2P of course. But can you give one good reason why the average F2P should be ready to unlock either of the GLs within days of their release?

With this, however, I agree.