Is this the coup de grace?

13Next

Replies

• They can make money without moving the goalposts 50 yards downfield...

In the past goals were attainable and moved with a pace. This was like 1 or 2 yards at a time. G7 to g8... go to g10... level 65 to 70... this encouraged spending and provided a reward for progressing while not making a HUGE GAP between those who progressed and those who didnt yet.

Recently we saw g12... then g12+ then g13 then relics up to 7 all in a short period of time this is like moving the goalposts 50 yards downfield not just 1 or 2 yards...and soon we get relic abilities even worse. New characters require 10 to 15 high relics to unlock so unless your 50 yards downfield already your not getting GL anything...

The gap between haves and have nots is growing at a alarming pace. When I look at our guild we have some pay to win guys with 20 relic 7 characters some have 35 plus relics... then free to play guys with 1 or 2 r7 characters and maybe 5 relics some dont even have 5 yet...

So fast forward a year what does the game look like... pay to win guys will have 100 plus relic 7 characters while f2p people will have maybe 5 or 10 in a year.

The problem is that Devs will keep making content for p2w people stuff designed around having 100 plus r7 but more and more that content is going to be unrealistic for the majority of players (assuming most people are f2p).

Were seeing this already with the new content like the GL that most people wont be close to unlocking for a year. By 1 year the GL will be surpassed by a new meta so even trying to farm it f2p isnt viable.

At a point we will have to cut all the f2p or we will lose all our p2w players.

When f2p realizes there is nothing they can do to remain competitive they will play much less or even quit completely. In a year when they have 5 or 10 maybe 15 characters up to r7 isnt gonna cut it when the other half of the guild has 100 plus relics.

This also will drive up the "who cares" reaction if players when new stuff is released. Like if they release a raid that requires r7 to enter or even to compete people with only a few r7 dont care because while the new raid is new content its meaningless to them since they cant compete in it for another year or two.

This recent policy of expanding the gap between f2p and p2w is bad for the game unless they make getting g13 much much easier which they are unlikely to do because that devalues everything p2w put into getting the advantage.

Basically you used to get a 5% or 10% advantage now you get a 200% advantage or a 500% advantage If you whaled hard enough. In the future 5his gap will be hard if not impossible to alleviate.
  • Olderaan wrote: »

If you are focused in both arenas, raids and adjust your cantina/fleet node farming accordingly, you can get a G12 to G13 upgrade and r5-7 each week (or 10 days tops) quite easily, even as a F2P.
    An average F2P can not go below 200 in Arena, and below 20 in Fleet Arena, so the average crystal income is 60+50 from arenas. Add to this the dailies, maybe 100 crystals. So, how can you collect 820 salvage from 200 crystals a day?
    The raid rewards getting worse, especially from HAAT.
    The fleet node farming is also limited to some components per day with that 20% drop rate.
    And beyond that: r5-7 each week? How the hell?
    So no, as far as I see, I can't upgrade a G13 and r5-7 each week. Maybe in a month. At best.
    Did you miss the 'focused' part? Top 10 hsr ranking and top 3 in both arenas was implied. 3 refrehes on cantina, 3 on fleet nodes farming G12+ gear, only farming SiT/Hux and kyro/finishers with normal energy. It's not impossible with 900+ crystals a day.

That's not the casual, everyday F2P of course. But can you give one good reason why the average F2P should be ready to unlock either of the GLs within days of their release?

Ahh the good old "It is possible for the top 1% so it is fine" argument.
  • I was happy to see this thread first call me above average, then a genius, then in the top 1%. Thanks mom(s).
  • Oui
  • Non
  • GL Rey and Kylo up!
    On deck, Obi Wan and Maul!
    In the hole, Jedi Luke and Darth Vader!!
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Rhunne wrote: »
    If not a year + for a seasoned player to even get either one of these character...
    If by seasoned players you mean those 5m+ accounts that somehow have 3-4 G13 only, sure. Otherwise that statement just seems exaggerated.

If you are focused in both arenas, raids and adjust your cantina/fleet node farming accordingly, you can get a G12 to G13 upgrade and r5-7 each week (or 10 days tops) quite easily, even as a F2P. Do 9-10 relic characters really feel too much for one of the GLs, given that it's meant to be end game content?

(Before you point it out, if you are not spending or you are not a very focused F2P, there's absolutely no reason you should unlock GLs within the first few days, weeks)

Not only will it take an extremely long time to get all required toons to the minimum, we are gearing and farming horribly uninteresting toons. How excited are you to gear and relic Resistance Pilot? Or Purple Hair I Hate Men lady? Or...Rose? 🤢

Excited.... not for rey.... i dont care to do rose or pilot... holdo is gear 12 already.

But FO.... now that i can get behind. I was looking for a reason to refocus on them. Just took KRU to r7 from gear 12.... f2p.

Wasnt easy, but its doable. Next ill do old kylo while i slowly gear up trooper and farm hux and sith trooper
  • Ive kinda thought this since LS Geo. Its not the end, just a nearly unobtainable end that allows CG to focus on its other things, like it's new games. They will continue to breath life into the game, but just enough to keep it from dying (Star Wars is a cash cow after all) but it looks very similar to how a lot of mobile game end up. Put on auto pilot until the money stops rolling in, then blimp, delete, game over.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I m so happy to relic 3 resistance pilot and relic 7 scavenger rey
  • Guys. We are getting new events that will give us more gear.

Those GL chars are endgame! Real endgame content! This event is always playable. They just started to change the game towards more content and events. They need engame content to keep it alive!

Think about the beginning of HSTR. No you can do this with 1-2 teams solo...
  • JerryHello wrote: »
    I just don't get why we need a new game breaking meta every 3-4 months. There should be multiple metas running. It'd be nice to just get some quality characters to have fun with and are viable without needed that 1 god mode character to make the team good. It's not like there is even any content for these. LSTB is just a reskin and they only just started working on a new raid...

Agreed. Been a long time since this game was fun.
  • Olderaan wrote: »

If you are focused in both arenas, raids and adjust your cantina/fleet node farming accordingly, you can get a G12 to G13 upgrade and r5-7 each week (or 10 days tops) quite easily, even as a F2P.
    An average F2P can not go below 200 in Arena, and below 20 in Fleet Arena, so the average crystal income is 60+50 from arenas. Add to this the dailies, maybe 100 crystals. So, how can you collect 820 salvage from 200 crystals a day?
    The raid rewards getting worse, especially from HAAT.
    The fleet node farming is also limited to some components per day with that 20% drop rate.
    And beyond that: r5-7 each week? How the hell?
    So no, as far as I see, I can't upgrade a G13 and r5-7 each week. Maybe in a month. At best.
    Did you miss the 'focused' part? Top 10 hsr ranking and top 3 in both arenas was implied. 3 refrehes on cantina, 3 on fleet nodes farming G12+ gear, only farming SiT/Hux and kyro/finishers with normal energy. It's not impossible with 900+ crystals a day.

That's not the casual, everyday F2P of course. But can you give one good reason why the average F2P should be ready to unlock either of the GLs within days of their release?

Ahh the good old "It is possible for the top 1% so it is fine" argument.
    Given that the event is available any time you are ready, not every 3-4-6 months, what's wrong if only the top 1% or less is ready right at the start?

I'm still waiting for one reason why someone floating in the 200s and only hitting join on every raid should be able to get the new potential meta immediately.
  • @RandomSithLord
    I'm still waiting for one reason why someone floating in the 200s and only hitting join on every raid should be able to get the new potential meta immediately.
    ==>I'm going to apply only to the raids bit, not the arena bit. I agree that Arena is different and I have a critique there as well, though it's not one I care about as much. Anyway, on to your bit about raids:

Because too many of the key resources aren't dependent on what you do, but dependent on others. If you're only hitting join on every raid because your guild raid times are inconvenient for you, is that your fault? There are 50 people to accommodate.

And in a hypothetical world where everyone in the guild hit for good damage, in a hypothetical world where literally everyone in your guild solo'd the sith raid, you would still have people doing all that work for 50th place rewards. What you accomplished just wouldn't have mattered.

The game is structured to make a lot dependent on group participation in raids. And that's fine. I like that. But the rewards aren't based on what % of your guild participates. That would give an incentive to cooperation and get people communicating. Instead the reward structure is such that you actually discourage guilds from having more than 20% of members active on any one raid. If the rewards did not fall off so dramatically from 4th place to 25th place, you would have greater incentives to have something like 60% of your guild participate because even people in the 26-30th places would have (presumably) been competitive for that 25th slot.

But that's not how it is. The game is designed for the rich to get richer. So if you're a loyal friend and joined to be part of a group of friends that all wanted to be in the same guild, your loyalty is a liability. The right game strategy is to f* your friends, to leave the guild until you can find one where everyone loves TW but hates raids, or where everyone is extremely active but all are less powerful than you so you can dominate every raid, grabbing the resources necessary to pursue meta-defining characters, which then allows you to move up the Arena ranks.

Yes, there should be rewards for doing well, and yes a few things are structured in a manner that's highly cooperative (the daily guild activity, for instance). But you can't act as if it's normal to average 5th place in the raids, because even if your in a 280M gp guild, 45 out of 50 people will be finishing 6th or worse. That's not about how well they do. That's about how the game is structured.

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Because too many of the key resources aren't dependent on what you do, but dependent on others. If you're only hitting join on every raid because your guild raid times are inconvenient for you, is that your fault? There are 50 people to accommodate.

Yes, it is. If raid time is critical to you, then find a guild with raid times that suit you. If your roster and gameplay is desirable, you'll have tons and tons of guilds to choose from, and you can find plenty that have a raid time that fits your needs. If you prefer your current guild over a better raid time, that's your choice.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @TVF

I don't disagree that that is possible, but even if everyone got into a guild with a perfect raid time, you're ignoring the fact that only 5 people can finish in the top 5.

You're taking part of the criticism that is meant to be an integrated part of a whole criticism and saying it doesn't stand on its own. Well, no. It doesn't. But it wasn't intended to do so.

And none of this is to say that I think everyone should get GL Rey on day one or that it should be easy to get her. Don't mistake this for that.