What are Galactic Legends? [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I really hope that these GL’s are the only thing coming in the next three months. Yes, we have two cap ships coming, and “new” assault battles with the only thing new is their HP pool. With the way the first set of requirements rolled out, 90% of us are not gonna be able to play the event until late May/June. So are we gonna have to suffer thru 5 more months of nothing??

New raid is supposed to be on the way. We'll see how August though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jfears2
    185 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I'll get one the fourth time around maybe. Looking forward to 2022.

There wont be a fourth time, or a third, or even a second. It will be as soon as they make the event live the first time and you have met the requirements. Which is nice because after you meet the requirements you wont also have to wait for the event to come around on the schedule
    CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    Unlike previous events, Galactic Legends are persistent and will become available as soon as the event is live as long as you’ve met the requirements.
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Galactic Legends is a scheme to earn money creating little content.
  • Jouh wrote: »
    Galactic Legends is a scheme to earn money creating little content.

bmp9gt8gg6it.jpg
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Ppl always whine bout money grabs at every major event of course thats there focus its a game to us and a paycheck for them.... Without the money grab the game dies.... U should be thanking them that they r making it so expensive to initially get these 2.... Probably 1500-2000$ for the average whale.... So what someone like me wont have for 3-6 months for the 1st one hoard your gear and u get the pleasure of finding out one is best before u upgrade anyone and go for the best meta one with whales wasting half there money.... Am i happy no not at all but i will do it all the f2p/minnow way and be happy that those whales that jave these characters instant will be less then normal and the game continues cause of the 10000 ppl that play and will spend the 3-5000$ to allow us cheap broke average players to continue on this game for a few more years at least
  • So in closing thank you whales (the 1%) for supporting us minnows and f2p and keeping this game alive.... And thank you CG for makong the event so costly that only super whales can afford 1 or both to start
  • P.S i however am unhappy that i need a phasma reloc 7 and a resistant trooper at r5... And i expect a rose tico relic 7.... U did your homework... And picked 3 characters at least that less then 10 ppl in the world have at these lvs.... Even the whales dont habe these characters... I got a 7mil gp in my guild and he just said he had to pay 200$ to finish the 3 (he as i expect a relic 5-7 tico coming next round)
  • New raid i believe they said 1st half of this year so im expecting june 30th release date (that 1 day before second half of year starts) and on that day they will release info on the raid and how it works with actually raid coming soon... And 2 months of info then august real august raid will come and there will be a loop ppl will exploit and by defember raid will rin properly and eberyone will be ranting that it is way to hard for 1 yr adter that and then ....
    Ppl will start bit*hing it to easy after that and that we need a new raid againn...it always follows basically this guideline.... From my experience only change this time is that im in a top 20 worldwide guild so hopefully i can be the rare 1% that finishes raid this time instead of having to be the 99% that it takes 6month-1yr to finish heroic as i normally am.... Be happy games still alive instead of focusing on the things they do (and have to do weather we like it or not) to continue keeping this game going
  • P.S i however am unhappy that i need a phasma reloc 7 and a resistant trooper at r5... And i expect a rose tico relic 7.... U did your homework... And picked 3 characters at least that less then 10 ppl in the world have at these lvs.... Even the whales dont habe these characters... I got a 7mil gp in my guild and he just said he had to pay 200$ to finish the 3 (he as i expect a relic 5-7 tico coming next round)

Homeworl? You act like they actually had to critically think... They just went on swgoh.gg and sorted by least owned resistance and FO toons and made them have insane reqs.
  • Galactic Legends are the thing that caused you to overdraft.
  • jfears2 wrote: »

There wont be a fourth time, or a third, or even a second. It will be as soon as they make the event live the first time and you have met the requirements. Which is nice because after you meet the requirements you wont also have to wait for the event to come around on the schedule
    CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    Unlike previous events, Galactic Legends are persistent and will become available as soon as the event is live as long as you’ve met the requirements.

Yes ... and when I wrote that, CG had not yet announced the events would be persistent. Context is important.
  • Stefkai1
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Jouh wrote: »

swgoh was a great and interesting free to play game. but now it's getting more and more paying or you're losing game. every event includes bundles of shards to buy without which you are less and less successful. The distance between the pay to win players and the broad, actual, base is getting bigger and bigger and more and more will stop. the game will go the same way as everyone else who has not got their throat full. disappear in the sink. by the way, they never wanted to listen to the grass roots. good job Capital Games.

it's so ridiculous. there are already the first 7 * raddus in the game. pay to win. the event has only been online for 2 hours. it is so .... I have no words.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Ppl always whine bout money grabs at every major event of course thats there focus its a game to us and a paycheck for them.... Without the money grab the game dies....

It's unfortunate that you don't realize how twisted your logic is. The game deserves to die if there was nothing to do.

I'm not going to spend on character only, who end up in platoons. I just won't do it.
  • Spending money has always given a player an advantage. It is how these models of games are set up.

Swgoh is probably the best of them for many reasons.

Gear is still the biggest issue, this has been consistent throughout all 4 years. Doesn’t mean I enjoy it. Getting toons to r7 is really tough. To me there are so many toons to gear and so many moving parts to getting them there, spending money on one piece seems like a drop in the bucket for me. It’s not worth it for me. So I just keep grinding. Everyday piecing things together.

4 years of this and I still find it fun. This doesn’t mean things can’t/won’t/shouldn’t be improved, because of course it can. There’s an unspoken trade off with GLs. The event is there forever , the reqs are just steeper. I applaud the move and want to see how it will work out.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Stefkai1 wrote: »

swgoh was a great and interesting free to play game. but now it's getting more and more paying or you're losing game. every event includes bundles of shards to buy without which you are less and less successful. The distance between the pay to win players and the broad, actual, base is getting bigger and bigger and more and more will stop. the game will go the same way as everyone else who has not got their throat full. disappear in the sink. by the way, they never wanted to listen to the grass roots. good job Capital Games.

it's so ridiculous. there are already the first 7 * raddus in the game. pay to win. the event has only been online for 2 hours. it is so .... I have no words.

There's no "winning" or "losing" in this game, and it will always be free to pay unless they require subscriptions.

CG_SBCrumb wrote:

Yes ... and when I wrote that, CG had not yet announced the events would be persistent. Context is important.

So really I was stating that for anyone who saw it, not necessarily just you.

Also, based on timestamps I was approximately 5 hours and 40 minutes off from when you posted your statement and they posted about the event details... that's not a lack of context, that's someone (me) who didn't check timestamps. I would understand if it was days or weeks off, but really dude, 5 hours and 40 minutes.. my apologies I guess.
  • TVF wrote: »

There's no "winning" or "losing" in this game, and it will always be free to pay unless they require subscriptions.

Said like a true Whale haha 😂
  • I refuse to relic garbage toons
  • These characters just sound like they're going to destroy GAC and Squad Arena
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited February 2020

Juanhalla wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Said like a true Whale haha 😂

@Juanhalla how so?
  • I'll answer: galactic legends are the only way you found to bait whales into paying your salaries for another year.
    Bonus: "sUpEr MoVeS", on the other hand, are the only way you found to counter your own garbage meta.
  • I played daily and spent a lot. I enjoyed it. I am so done with this game. I quit spending a while ago. Now I play once a week if that. All these ridiculous requirements for new characters. The cash grabbing. The lack of accessible new content that is fun to play and playable. This game needs to die, it's well past it's time.
    GRANDMASTER
    NeXuSe7msb2g6cet7.jpg
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I played daily and spent a lot. I enjoyed it. I am so done with this game. I quit spending a while ago. Now I play once a week if that. All these ridiculous requirements for new characters. The cash grabbing. The lack of accessible new content that is fun to play and playable. This game needs to die, it's well past it's time.

You don't have to keep playing but I still enjoy it so no it doesn't need to die, thanks.

CG_SBCrumb wrote:

I am under the impression any and all things related to this event are subject to change. I wouldn't be surprised if they change course. I'm not expecting them to. But I'm not putting it out of the realm of possibility.
  • Anyway, this event requires tickets to participate so probably a mini raid. It will not be, "you have the required characters, you launch the event, you win, you get the character 7 *". There is a risk of having to farm the event for a while to grab the characters, even if the event is permanent ...
  • I played daily and spent a lot. I enjoyed it. I am so done with this game. I quit spending a while ago. Now I play once a week if that. All these ridiculous requirements for new characters. The cash grabbing. The lack of accessible new content that is fun to play and playable. This game needs to die, it's well past it's time.

You already have the power to remove it from your personal universe. But I remember a few years back when I was desperately trying to quit smoking, I used to say I wish they'd ban this drug :smile:

CG_SBCrumb wrote:

I am under the impression any and all things related to this event are subject to change. I wouldn't be surprised if they change course. I'm not expecting them to. But I'm not putting it out of the realm of possibility.

The only way they change it is if nobody tries. Or a super large majority anyway. I hope it fails though. I’m not supporting the gearing of the legendary trash named Rose.
  • REALLY?! Veteran Smuggler Han Solo Relic 3?!? I suppose it's the "calm down son" scene from Rise of the Skywalker but come on...
  • Just roughly assuming and without exact math, starting point is where i am now, if i would start today it would probably take me 12-18 months (or even more) to be ready for ONE of the 2 GL.

I mean CG, really? What did you smoke as you did elaborate this strategy?

Beside this (senseless) brutal requirements, i fear even more the impact of those characters once they hit the Holotables.

I remember the GAC's as Malak was quite fresh out, pointless, if you hadn't him, you loose that round, doesn't matter what else you had to put on the table, will this be even worse with the GL characters?
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining