Raddus Requirement

Prev1
Requiring the Ebon Hawk for this event is one of the shadiest things they've done yet. Shame on you CG.

Replies

• How about ashoka and HT then? They are totally unrelated with raddus.
  • Tbf, EH has been available for a while now, and not hard to get as a cantina farm.

Yeah it kinda sucks being drawn from farming signal data if you don't have it yet, but it's still much better than needing another hard node farm.
  • Th3NameLess
    272 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    They aren't even making sense with their requirements to try and screw over as many as they can. Bad guys

Wait for Jedi Luke to need Bistan, Gar Saxon and Bhodi
  • They aren't even making sense with their requirements to try and screw over as many as they can. Bad guys

How are we being screwed over? There aren't currently enough Res ships, and I'm glad they aren't relasing new marquees for us to farm.

They threw us a bone letting us use ships we already have...and still ppl complain
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    They aren't even making sense with their requirements to try and screw over as many as they can. Bad guys

How are we being screwed over? There aren't currently enough Res ships, and I'm glad they aren't relasing new marquees for us to farm.

They threw us a bone letting us use ships we already have...and still ppl complain

You don't think they run the numbers, and throw in the requirements most people don't have? Even if it makes no thematic sense?

If you have them all then well done you. I enjoy playing events that have some relation to a real star wars moment.

You don't think they run the numbers, and throw in the requirements most people don't have? Even if it makes no thematic sense?

If you have them all then well done you. I enjoy playing events that have some relation to a real star wars moment.

I'm still farming EH also...but if not that ship, then what ship should be required instead? It's not easy, and not supposed to be. I'm just not undestanding what you want. Should the new capital ship just be given to everyone?
  • Th3NameLess
    272 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I'm still farming EH also...but if not that ship, then what ship should be required instead? It's not easy, and not supposed to be. I'm just not undestanding what you want. Should the new capital ship just be given to everyone?

I was hopeful for a bit more foresight from the devs. Releasing some Resistance ships around the time of TLJ with the Raddus in mind, giving P2P an advantage, F2P a chance and making some money in the process. Not a random mash of ships which mean nothing to each other or any story line.

I don't understand what you're defending...'new capital ship just be given to everyone?'...Nice one

I was hopeful for a bit more foresight from the devs. Releasing some Resistance ships around the time of TLJ with the Raddus is mind, giving P2P an advantage, F2P a chance and making some money in the process. Not a random mash of ships which mean nothing to each other or any story line.

I don't understand what you're defending...'new capital ship just be given to everyone?'...Nice one

Maybe that would have been ideal, but that would have been 2 yrs ago and those ships would have been worthless in the meantime. Would you have really geared them up in the hopes of them being needed now? If so, you'd probably have EH geared now too.

It really doesn't matter what comes out, or when. They will make the average player farm no matter what. Again... not going to give a cap ship for free.
  • instead of the requirement to unlock, I would to say that the 1000 cristals for 10 blueprints is really an unprecedent screw over. If I read correctly it will be the ONLY way to upgrade the Raddus (and the Finalizer btw). Just make the math, true p2w ships.

wedge would make more sense than Ebon Hawk
  • For me it looks like they analyse the farming data and then they select the requirements in that way to get the people invest a big amount of money.
  • nurm wrote: »
    For me it looks like they analyse the farming data and then they select the requirements in that way to get the people invest a big amount of money.

I have all of them, due to various reasons:
    - I like help out my guild in Geo TB, so I farmed EH because of that
    - I always figured ships would lead to something. Since I haven't been playing 4 years like most, I thought to take a headstart over there then
    - I actually quite like ships, and get my crystal income over there by taking top 5 every day

I'm by no means a whale, and it's been the first time EVER that I was "accidentally" prepared.
  • Moorebid wrote: »
    nurm wrote: »
    For me it looks like they analyse the farming data and then they select the requirements in that way to get the people invest a big amount of money.
    I have all of them, due to various reasons. I'm by no means a whale, and it's been the first time EVER that I was "accidentally" prepared.

Completely F2P and was also prepared. Over-prepared, even.

If they were calculating it by least Ships owned then not sure why HT would be in there. This complaint is pretty baseless.

"The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • I dont know why people are desperate about it.
    There is tons of vídeos shown Raddus gameplay, Its garbage now. Maybe when new ships com sinergy are launch the things change.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Some people dont have Holdo 7* but they can unlock the Raddus
    Other people only dont have Ebon hawk 7* but they cant unlock the Raddus
  • This complaint surfaces every time a new event with requirements comes out.

There are usually two types of events. Star gated and Gear gated.

For Star gated, the event usually needs the most recently released marquee toons within a few weeks of them becoming farmable. These events are not usually difficult and can be completed by virtually anyone who meets the eligibility criteria. Of course, almost everyone who meets the criteria will have spent money or some of their crystal stockpile to do so.

For Gear gated, the toons will usually have been available for much longer, and many more of the player base have them starred. But the event is much more difficult, and the toons need to be geared to the hilt, or players are left seeking the golden snitch of RNG to complete them. Of course, lots of people will have starred these toons, but not geared them, as until these events come around, the gear could be considered wasted.

As a result of the above, a new generation of SWGOH player has emerged. They've begun only starring toons they see as "useful", so their resources can be used as efficiently as possible. These players often consider themselves smarter than collectors who just star everything.

The Raddus event is a chance for collectors to feel superior, which is wonderful!

Recently, the devs have been mixing it up a little.
  • The Ebon Hawk is not an "easy" cantina farm. Because Relics. In order to do well in ALL of the other game modes, we have had to spend all of our cantina energy on relics since they came out.

So yea, it was a **** move having an OR ship as a requirement for Resistance.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Nicholi wrote: »
    The Ebon Hawk is not an "easy" cantina farm. Because Relics. In order to do well in ALL of the other game modes, we have had to spend all of our cantina energy on relics since they came out.

False.

Cantina farms go fast with refreshes. You can pick a farm, do it fast, and get back to signal data. That's what I did with ARC.

This is a repeating event, 1-2 times monthly.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

How about not full requirements? This is closer to a Marquee ship than a legendary, put the requirement on the Resistance ships all 7* and then the fillers just require 7* but not specific ones that make no sense at all. I know people like to defend their precious CG in all their decisions, but this one? Really?

• ssj4tim wrote: »

How about not full requirements? This is closer to a Marquee ship than a legendary, put the requirement on the Resistance ships all 7* and then the fillers just require 7* but not specific ones that make no sense at all. I know people like to defend their precious CG in all their decisions, but this one? Really?

Would you rather them release 4 new resistance ships instead, which you would probably have a week to farm them before the event came out? people complain for no reason, if you look at the kit reveal for the raddus it recommends using these toons for the best efficiency, and most people already have the HT and ASF. Personally i don't have the ebon hawk either but i still prefer this than the marque events
  • Ebon hawk is not a difficult farm if you use just the normal refreshes of the cantina energy. Using all 3 normal refreshes I believe took me about 3 weeks. And honestly the ship is useful elsewhere as well, it is required in darkside geo TB fleet platoons which can give you some good bonuses for the wat tambor missions. It's also a decent plug and play fleet reinforcement. The crew should also be decently leveled up because they are needed for revan and malak events.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited February 2020

Yeh most ppl dont have hound's tooth and ahsoka's starfighter. Huh?
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »

Yeh most ppl dont have hound's tooth and ahsoka's starfighter. Huh?

Not my point, but well done for contributing.
  • Nicholi wrote: »
    The Ebon Hawk is not an "easy" cantina farm. Because Relics. In order to do well in ALL of the other game modes, we have had to spend all of our cantina energy on relics since they came out.

Ebon hawk released at mar via galatic chase and become farmable at may 15th.
    Relic...aug or sep?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I think the requirements of this event show what is wrong with how the devs are rolling out ship content.

The fleets/ships should be released prior to the their relative faction command ship.

The requirements for the Raddus was so far off base from the command ship we were getting - it wasn't immersive or enjoyable at all this event.

We should have had a good number of Resistance ships released a head of time as the requirement.

Same should be said regarding the FO command ship, when it comes.

I am sure everyone has these ships already and the event itself wasn't the problem - but in terms of speaking to relativity and enjoyability, it was a poor event.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

False.

Cantina farms go fast with refreshes. You can pick a farm, do it fast, and get back to signal data. That's what I did with ARC.

Does the repeat of this event allow those already completed it an ability to continue farming Raddus blueprints do you know?
  • Boo wrote: »

False.

Does the repeat of this event allow those already completed it an ability to continue farming Raddus blueprints do you know?

yes, its going to work how the original 3 worked, everytime it comes around you van get 10 shards for ir
  • They should have added in the Raddus requirement 7* Holdo.
    At least it would have made more sense than 7* Ebon Hawk
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    They should have added in the Raddus requirement 7* Holdo.
    At least it would have made more sense than 7* Ebon Hawk

It would make sense to require a 7* toon for a ship event?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo wrote: »

False.

You play bonus round for 10 blueprints. You can then pay 999 crystal to play again for 10 more blueprint.

At that point i bet you have to wait.... but im at 5 star and i dont want to pay 999 for another round... though its cheaper than the offer so do what you will