Skywalker bug

Prev1
We are continuing to monitor General Skywalker. We will let you know in advance if we plan to take any action.

C'mon fix this bug. It's hard enough to fight skywalker, now he's going too often. Take action and fix your game.

Replies

• They will not fix it, why? Because it gives and edge to GAS and they don’t want counters taking away their baby.
  • I spend money.

I don't have a 7 star gas because I don't have the get1. So I use drevan. If this doesn't get fixed. I'm leaving. I can't play a game where the devs don't care to fix serious arena breaking bugs.
  • I spend money.

I don't have a 7 star gas because I don't have the get1. So I use drevan. If this doesn't get fixed. I'm leaving. I can't play a game where the devs don't care to fix serious arena breaking bugs.

I agree with you, I use rebels and I still win bc of my stupid fast mods, with out my mods I’d be cooked. Only works for them when the bug favors them.
  • We are continuing to monitor General Skywalker. We will let you know in advance if we plan to take any action.

C'mon fix this bug. It's hard enough to fight skywalker, now he's going too often. Take action and fix your game.

For clarification: His kit does not say that he is going into Cover immediately. I hope that the "bug" stays. Otherwise they need to fix the bug and change the ability description.
  • Akenno wrote: »
    We are continuing to monitor General Skywalker. We will let you know in advance if we plan to take any action.

For clarification: His kit does not say that he is going into Cover immediately. I hope that the "bug" stays. Otherwise they need to fix the bug and change the ability description.
    Are you familiar with the kit and “actual interaction“ of pre and post update?
  • Isn't Gas supposed to give you the impression that he's like a raid boss? As in if you topple the Rancor or Traya they cant just hit you back because their toppled...???

Its in very poor taste to make Gas stronger by accident and then keep it that way 4 months after his release. No character that gets an accidental edge was allowed to remain that way (Chewy the most recent example I believe).

Its a little concerning that its taking more than a day to acknowledge that this needs to be fixed since this was already stated as bug. And since its Friday now it already looks like were going to be dealing with this during TW and the entire weekend.
  • Akenno wrote: »

Are you familiar with the kit and “actual interaction“ of pre and post update?

Yes and the kit is not correct interms of description = gameplay.
    The bug right now is 100% the kit. If they fix the bug, they need to change the kit (only the wording).
  • They should restore Chewie assisting Han twice then if they're going to leave this bug in place.
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    thing is, the moment his protection goes 0 he should instantly go cover. imagine if you want to take cover from gunfire but you run out one last time before. makes no sense

If so, they need to change the description of the ability.
  • Finally they fixed the bug. Accidentally. Now he is counterattacking as intended.
  • They should restore Chewie assisting Han twice then if they're going to leave this bug in place.

This isn’t a bug. It’s now working as written. Chewie assisting twice was a bug because it wasn’t working as written.
  • Actually, this is how he is supposed to work. He Advances if he has Protection, takes Cover if he doesn't and the protection check is at the end of every turn. The current behavior matches the ability description. because a character's turn does not resolve until all actions associated with it are complete, and this would include a counter attack.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    People are just salty because he is harder to beat now.

He's the newest and hardest thing to get. He should be hard to beat.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Before 1-2 tryes to beat him with SE now 1 from 10 chance if lucky. It should be hard but not unbeateable. not everybody is a whale , some people need to work with less then others, for example i have 2,9m acc and have some krakens in my shard which are 6M almost , they get their payout and after i can get mine if i invest 1 crystal refresh on bad day becouse of rng now i just cant beat them no matter how many refreshes i use. How would you speak if you wouldnt have him and instead of r1 on payout everyday you would be out of top5 soon top10 etc. I mean you have full relic 7 gas team so ofcourse you like this...
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

The issue is fixing this bug will bring the raid bug back. I’m guessing that they won’t fix this interaction if they can’t find another way to solve the GAS raid bug
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    TVF wrote: »

He's harder to beat because of a bug. That's not sportsmanship at all. That's not fair terms.

He's harder to beat because of a bug. That's not sportsmanship at all. That's not fair terms.

Actually they fixed the bug and he is now WAI per his kit description.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    They acknowledged it's a bug. No sense in gaslighting me here man.

They tried to fix a bug, and caused another bug.

Except thats not how Chewie is written. Chewie will assist when a guarded ally uses an ability during their turn, limited to once per turn. Thus only 1 assist with Han.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Fix this bug.

It completely broke my none GAS counter by allowing enemy GAS to defeat my Malak before Cover. This invariably occurs and renders my ability to compete almost completely null. This shouldn't be a wait-and-see, this affects PvP. Stop evaluating and fix it.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Remember Malak and EP?

Fair or not, it happens.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Still slaying gas with padme.... It does make it a lot harder to win but it's doable. If it's now working as intended as some suggest then why did it take months for this to be discovered? And why did cg then post that it was a bug? They need to revert it back to what it was imo as it's been functioning this way since his release. If not then it's just another time that cg drops the ball and let's the community suck it up

Remember Malak and EP?

Fair or not, it happens.

Pretty different though, don't you think? There's a precedent here that implies the kit was WAI before they fixed/broke whatever unintentionally caused this behavior. They didn't say "we fixed a bug where GS wasn't counter-attacking before taking cover."

Malak just introduced a mechanic out of the blue in order to counter what was a pretty obvious consequence they somehow missed. Planned and intentional instead of "oh hey, look what happened - that's cool, let's leave it."

I say this without a dog in the fight.