Is the Raddus really the content we wanted or need?

We now have 7 capital ships in the game and each one needs 7 ships to form a squad.

We only have 41 regular ships in the game and most of them don’t synergise particularly well and a few are massively OP (hounds tooth).

I’m all for shaking up ships, but the problem is not a lack of capital ships.

The problem is the lack of regular ships and a lack of propper balancing.

If you want to make ships more interesting, nerfing Bossk would have been a more impactful change.

Replies

• After the FO cap ship, we will have 8 capital ship. As you point out, each require 7 ship to man or 56 ships total.

We are definitely missing normal ships and I am wondering why they keep pumping out capital ships at this point as we had 4 new in a very short amount of time.

That said, I am happy for any new toon coming in so, this is better than nothing
  • Azza wrote: »
    After the FO cap ship, we will have 8 capital ship. As you point out, each require 7 ship to man or 56 ships total.

We are definitely missing normal ships and I am wondering why they keep pumping out capital ships at this point as we had 4 new in a very short amount of time.

That said, I am happy for any new toon coming in so, this is better than nothing

Because future GAC's will need multiple fleets instead of one.
  • If you want to make ships more interesting, nerfing Bossk would have been a more impactful change.
    Hound's Tooth wasn't the ship meta changer
    If you want to blame something, than it would be Millennium Falcon

Tooth is in EVERY ship line up. Tooth is the the ship that limits design space.
  • Akenno wrote: »
    Azza wrote: »
    After the FO cap ship, we will have 8 capital ship. As you point out, each require 7 ship to man or 56 ships total.

Because future GAC's will need multiple fleets instead of one.

I certainly hope so, however, I’m still missing ships ;)
  • Yes it is.

One of the many problems of ship content is that we had 4 “Leaders” many ships didn’t have a place. I like that The Raddus is potluck of those ships. I’m hoping the finalizer does that with sith fighter and bomber. Or that they plan to release DN’s cap ship.

They even addressed this issue in a Q and A or whatever it was. Their plan is to release more cap ships then release more ships.

This aligns with what they said about maybe the raid having a ship part.

I don’t think any player base should be asking for content but it looks like they are working towards it.

I do think we need another ship game mode.
    I do not want ground vehicles though.
  • Yes it is.

One of the many problems of ship content is that we had 4 “Leaders” many ships didn’t have a place. I like that The Raddus is potluck of those ships. I’m hoping the finalizer does that with sith fighter and bomber. Or that they plan to release DN’s cap ship.

They even addressed this issue in a Q and A or whatever it was. Their plan is to release more cap ships then release more ships.

I don’t think any player base should be asking for content but it looks like they are working towards it.

You’re missing my point. There aren’t even enough regular ships for the existing capital ships we already have.

CG should be releasing additional ships before releasing even more capital ships that have nothing to go with them.

If the new raid is resistance and first order then I’m afraid that will be it for me.

If there is a raid with ships it absolutely should be the run on the Death Star.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Hounds Tooth is a problem just like the game is dying.

Both have been claimed forever and neither is true.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Javick_Starage
    502 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    TVF wrote: »

Not the point I’m making.

Of all possible new pieces of content that could be made, why release another capital ship when there aren’t enough regular ships to service the ones we already have.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I would say yes.

Ships needs to be a bigger part of this game.

To do that we need every major faction to have their own fleet and command ship, the Raddus with the few Resistance ships we have, gives us the building blocks for a Resistance fleet.

Around the corner we will get a fleet and command ship for the FO.

Additionally there are lots more ships they can add to existing fleets, such as Rebel, Empire etc. - A-Wings, Y-Wings, B-Wings, TIE Interceptors etc etc.

I personally hope we also get a Sith Empire and Old Republic fleets as well - that would be cool.

I hope ships will play a bigger role in the game as more content arrives - a raid, such as against the death star, has already been raised time and time again by the community. As well as better integration of ships in events as well as TW and TB.

How the Raddus was rolled out was poor, not immersive. It lacked relativity to the faction it represents as well as enjoyability in playing the event.
  • TVF wrote: »

Of all possible new pieces of content that could be made, why release another capital ship when there aren’t enough regular ships to service the ones we already have.

Because if they released the resistance ships before the Raddus the forum would be filled with "why more ships, we don't have a capital for them???"

Either order of release, the forums will complain to CG.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Because if they released the resistance ships before the Raddus the forum would be filled with "why more ships, we don't have a capital for them???"

Either order of release, the forums will complain to CG.

Not entirely true - we received Sith fighter and bomber with little to no hope of a Sith Empire fleet coming to the game. Marque events or galactic chase has proven to be good ways to release new ships to the game - fun and easy and then the ships are relatively easy to farm for thereafter.

Resistance ships being released before a command ship would signify to the player base that a command ship is coming and would also create "want" for the command ship.
  • We now have 7 capital ships in the game and each one needs 7 ships to form a squad.

Does Endurance really count though?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • We now have 7 capital ships in the game and each one needs 7 ships to form a squad.

Mace would like a word with you.

He hits like a wet noodle though so I wouldn’t be too worried about it...
  • Yes it is.

You’re missing my point. There aren’t even enough regular ships for the existing capital ships we already have.

CG should be releasing additional ships before releasing even more capital ships that have nothing to go with them.

If the new raid is resistance and first order then I’m afraid that will be it for me.

If there is a raid with ships it absolutely should be the run on the Death Star.

They addressed this too. They said in the past they have released ships and thought it would be better to release capital ships first and then ships.

Will they? Probably. I can’t see them not. Everything they have said so far is coming into fruition. Maybe not at the pace we want but it looks like it is coming.

Maybe my POV and perspective differ from others. To me the slower the better. Gives me more time to work on things instead of being back logged.

It counters Negotiator, so yes?