Skywalker bug

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    People are just salty because he is harder to beat now.

He's the newest and hardest thing to get. He should be hard to beat.

He's harder to beat because of a bug. That's not sportsmanship at all. That's not fair terms.

Remember Malak and EP?

Fair or not, it happens.

Pretty different though, don't you think? There's a precedent here that implies the kit was WAI before they fixed/broke whatever unintentionally caused this behavior. They didn't say "we fixed a bug where GS wasn't counter-attacking before taking cover."

Malak just introduced a mechanic out of the blue in order to counter what was a pretty obvious consequence they somehow missed. Planned and intentional instead of "oh hey, look what happened - that's cool, let's leave it."

I say this without a dog in the fight.

Different situations sure, but same end result.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

He's harder to beat because of a bug. That's not sportsmanship at all. That's not fair terms.

Remember Malak and EP?

Fair or not, it happens.

Pretty different though, don't you think? There's a precedent here that implies the kit was WAI before they fixed/broke whatever unintentionally caused this behavior. They didn't say "we fixed a bug where GS wasn't counter-attacking before taking cover."

Malak just introduced a mechanic out of the blue in order to counter what was a pretty obvious consequence they somehow missed. Planned and intentional instead of "oh hey, look what happened - that's cool, let's leave it."

I say this without a dog in the fight.

Exactly, of course I was annoyed than too but its different to say within a week of Malak's release that "We would like to tilt victory in Malak's favor" vs "We fixed a bug in our 2 year old single man soloable raid and caused a bug that makes a 4 month old character tougher to beat than he should be and completely ignores our own vision of Gas feeling like a raid boss. We'll let you know if were going to fix it, even though this isn't working as intended. Anywho, *opens hand* can we have more money for a good job well done?"
  • They acknowledged it's a bug. No sense in gaslighting me here man.

They tried to fix a bug, and caused another bug.

They didn’t acknowledged that it’s a bug, they only admitted that interaction changed because of bug fix and that they’re looking into it. IMHO now it’s working accordingly to ability description, so lack of counter before going into cover was a bug.
  • TVF wrote: »

Remember Malak and EP?

Fair or not, it happens.

That's entirely different and you know it.

EP was an unintended and unforeseen (shocking, I know) interaction with an old kit. This is a bug they introduced with the last update. If you want to always play the contrarian card, that's fine - but don't be disingenuous. Integrity matters.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*