Puzzles

I know that this seems fairly minor in the grand scheme of things, but Crumb has said twice in the past six months or so that he is almost done with a puzzle. I remember when the puzzles were a really fun part of the experience. But, he clearly wasn't close to done with a puzzle six months ago, because it would have involved content that was soon to be released. By now, near-done puzzles six months ago are likely obsolete.

When there were puzzles (up through Malak, I think), the game still seemed exciting and the community happy (there were discord chats and youtube videos from game changers live streaming the community trying to solve them). While all games seem to ebb and flow in terms of creative sparks, I think that the not-delivered-upon puzzle promise is sort of indicative that we're in a pretty sour place.

Replies

• Isn’t this the same person who said he would reply to a forum thread but then dipped since?
  • Puzzles require community interaction. Only thing CG is interested in is the community’s wallets.
  • p2w puzzles???
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Isn’t this the same person who said he would reply to a forum thread but then dipped since?

That was back in 2019 and we are approaching march 2020 and he still hasnt responded.
    Crumb has said twice in the past six months or so that he is almost done with a puzzle...

Maybe Baker Hughes is right and Crumb is just really bad at puzzles and they are taking up all his time.
  • Puzzles went out the window when they lost a bunch of cash on the DRev release. They won’t ever give hints on what’s coming again, unless the hint is sure to cause panic farming.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    The only puzzle that matters is how to fix this game.

And the people running with it are missing the outer pieces
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    The real puzzle is how F2P are going to survive this
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Isn’t this the same person who said he would reply to a forum thread but then dipped since?

Maybe this is why we haven't had a Q&A this month so far. Bad enough the question was ignored during Jan's Q&A, imagine if it was ignored a second time?
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Don’t you get it? The new puzzle IS the lack of puzzles! I solved it ages ago!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I agree. I miss puzzles. If you zoom in on one corner of crumbs profile, you can see the remnants of a past puzzle that was a lot of fun.
  • they have already released the new puzzle, you just haven’t realised yet