GL Relic Requirements

Can someone from CG please explain the reasoning behind the change from "not all toons will require relics" to "all toons will require relics" for me? Can you shed some light on the internal review that lead to this change? Was the public relations department included in this internal review? This change is a big deal to a lot of us.

One of the reasons it is a big deal is there are a lot of people like myself, who upon completeing the upgrads to RJT, Finn and RT moved on to work on KRU, FOST and FOO. The knowledge that not all toons would require relics was part of this decision, and had I not been told that all toons would not require relics I would not have started on the FO toons yet and continued to hoard for the Resistance toons. However, you directly told us that not all toons would require relics, so I made a calculated decision to start using gear and relic components on toons that I would not have done so on had I known that ALL toons would require relics.

I'm not going to ask for compensation or anything of the sort. I would just like an explanation as to how this decision was made.

Replies

• If I were to guess it would be because they had the event already done and it was impossible to beat without relic characters. Tuning the difficulty was probably difficult with Relic 7 Rey (S) and a non reliced Res pilot. Rey would probably just stomp on everything or you could not beat it.

Just my thoughts...
  • Even if you were expecting not to have to relic everyone, surely you assumed there would be several more relic Resistance necessary.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited February 2020
    How do you know it’s a big deal

We don’t even know how many toons didn’t require relics before or how much gear / power was required

Maybe out of 13 resistance toons, only one wouldn’t have required relics. It would still make your decision to relic 3 FO very impulsive instead of calculated
  • How do you know if my decision was impulsive or not? Spoiler alert, it wasn't.
  • And I know it is a big deal because I see what is being discussed in Discord channels. You know it is too.
  • Keydash1 wrote: »
    Even if you were expecting not to have to relic everyone, surely you assumed there would be several more relic Resistance necessary.

Absolutely. But this change has a direct impact on the amount of relics needed, and thus changes my farming and deployment strategy.
  • I think they’ve checked their analytics? Spending stats since phase 1 was released. I’ve seen the stats on some youtubers videos for amount of people now fulfilling phase 1 requirements.

So they’ve obviously thought “ wow X amount have got these done since we told the player base “ we better up the rest of the phases requirements and make a bit more money while at it.

If people would of hoarded more rather than splurge there cash instantly we might of seen different phase reqs.
  • Keep in mind that all I am asking for is some clarity as to how the decision was made.
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Heres the reasoning:

Lets fool them "not all toons will require relics" => Oh heck lets screw them "all toons will require relics". Its obvious greed and not caring. I wouldnt mind relicing, but what will i do with them, really? The money and time is not worth when they let u dry in desert. They really dont care about the gameplay.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    And I know it is a big deal because I see what is being discussed in Discord channels. You know it is too.

Which discord though. Ultra runs the secret whale discord and that's what I'm wondering about.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Mupper00 wrote: »
    I think they’ve checked their analytics? Spending stats since phase 1 was released. I’ve seen the stats on some youtubers videos for amount of people now fulfilling phase 1 requirements.

So they’ve obviously thought “ wow X amount have got these done since we told the player base “ we better up the rest of the phases requirements and make a bit more money while at it.

If people would of hoarded more rather than splurge there cash instantly we might of seen different phase reqs.

This. This is exactly my suspicion. Considering how much players already splurged to obtain the requirements for the first phase, why not do the same for all phases? It's absolutely insane, the amount that you can get away with the star wars fans.

Personally, I don't think phase 3 will have Rose Tico. They haven't released any requirements for C3P0/R2D2/BB8/Hero Finn/Hero Poe yet. And they would make way more money forcing people to farm up finn and Poe then they ever would with Rose. They already squeezed Holdo in as a requirement for the capital ship, which is definitely going to be required in phase 4. 1 capital ship, 3 fleet ships.
  • "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF wrote: »
    And I know it is a big deal because I see what is being discussed in Discord channels. You know it is too.

Which discord though. Ultra runs the secret whale discord and that's what I'm wondering about.

Can you send me a link/invite pls?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

I didn’t know TVF was the one running the discord
  • TVF wrote: »

To get this link you need to show your spending to the game. Everything below six numbers in front of the point isn't considered worthy.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Ultra wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I didn’t know TVF was the one running the discord

I assumed he was in there, so I asked. If not, can you invite me then? :)