GL Event Tickets

Prev13
Today's State of the Galaxy announcement stated:
First off, this event will require a new kind of event ticket, which will be earned via existing game modes. These tickets will become earnable once a player has met the prerequisites and unlocked the event. We are still working out the specifics of where the tickets will be earned, but we expect players to be able to earn these tickets every day.

Do these tickets unlock the event tiers, or are they used up with every battle attempt ? If I enter the battle and fail, do I need to earn more tickets before I can re-enter the battle and try again?

Replies

• The number and variety of gates they’re putting in front of these two characters is extraordinary. They had better be utterly game-breaking, i.e. unbeatable on defence without another GL.

Otherwise, what’s the point of making them so hard to get?
  • This is just stupid. Pay for Relics and toons to then be able to earn tickets to grind characters.
  • Just to eventually have a character. Talk about whale milking and dragging out no content being released.

• I expect each attempt will require tickets. Since they will always be available once unlocked, this is how they can slow down the acquisition.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Brown89 wrote: »
    Just to eventually have a character. Talk about whale milking and dragging out no content being released.
    I’m not sure why they are too hesitant of giving a full character unlock on day one, and keep trying to drag a character’s unlock over months
  • So, you have high GL requirements, an event that is difficult and likely to have some RNG component about how well you weather the opening barrage (many people spend hundreds of attempts and hours to get a good start to successfully do an event) , and now limited tries at the event, and probably low shard counts for daily completions.
    I am in AWE at how tone deaf CG is with these GL's. Is anyone happy about the requirements and event structure so far? Does any of it legitimately sound fun?
    I'm glad I'm skipping these, but now I'm dreading how bad GL Jedi Luke will be.
  • If you had to save tickets for a week, only to be done in by some rng.. well, the forums will probably explode.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    The number and variety of gates they’re putting in front of these two characters is extraordinary. They had better be utterly game-breaking, i.e. unbeatable on defence without another GL.

Otherwise, what’s the point of making them so hard to get?

I assume you're looking for an answer other than so they can make a lot of money from people spending to complete the event?
  • I actually started laughing when I read we need tix to make attempts. You can’t make this up!
  • And you can’t even collect the tickets UNTIL you’ve met the requirements for the event. What a complete joke. It’s going to be so fun to finally build your toons up enough to play the event only to have to wait for your tickets to build up. So dumb it’s laughable.
  • This honestly makes me really glad I didn't even try to gear up for this. Who knows what the final requirements will actually be now. All for Kylo or Rey? No thanks, don't care if they will be meta for a while. I'll just take my time getting ready for GL Luke.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I think that they like to watch the forums burn...they light the match so often.
  • Just appreciate the hard work the artists are putting in .......
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Brown89 wrote: »
    Just to eventually have a character. Talk about whale milking and dragging out no content being released.
    I’m not sure why they are too hesitant of giving a full character unlock on day one, and keep trying to drag a character’s unlock over months

^^ this.

These tickets do not sound so good. They don’t even know how they will be earned yet lol.

Will wait and see but this just sounds bad, stupid, and disheartening.
  • Lmao this who deal is an effing joke. They are flying by the edge of their pants making stuff up as they go along and present us with some wire framing so you all can see that they've been super busy in the office. Pathetic really

But did you SEE how many wires they added??? OMG, they must have worked at that for at least a whole day!
  • They did say the GL characters will be 7 stars unlock but what if after you finish the event you will get a 5 star GL character and you need the tickets to replay the event to get it to 7 stars?Because everybody think that the tickets will give you another go at a tire but it can be worst then that,and with CG you need to prepare for the worst thing ever,because thry will go beyond that :#
  • My guess, they have no content planned for release, so all effort is going into how to make money selling gear, relics, and next - tickets.

Acquiring characters is not content.
  • I'm sure you will need GL Kylo and GL Rey to get GL Jedi Luke. Calling it now
  • sb_stuartj wrote: »
    I expect each attempt will require tickets. Since they will always be available once unlocked, this is how they can slow down the acquisition.

And/or maximize their revenue by selling ticket packs.
  • Malevolan wrote: »
    Does any of it legitimately sound fun?

No. No, it doesn't.
  • I wonder if we’ll get some actual playable content.

I mean Raddus currently will take 12 months and 2 weeks to 7* for F2P based on a 2 week cadence which is unlikely
  • Maybe those tickets are to prevent people to retry the event 1000 times in a row like the GAS event until they get the perfect RNG to beat the event.
    Now everytime we fail we need to get a new ticket to try again...
  • Wonder what the GL ticket drop rate will be. Higher or lower than getting an omega mat from cantina battles?
  • Lucascraft
    7 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Time gating on top of excessive gear gating? Are you kidding me?

Have you guys gone mental?

Are you trying to kill this game?

So here are some thoughts I have on possibilities for how these tickets will work. NOTE: I do not like any of these. These are just speculative scenarios. I think this is a terrible idea. I think GL in general is a terrible idea. I think CG have completely lost their minds.

Scenario A) Tickets get you attempts per day. Number of attempts to be determined by how many tickets a person can earn in a single day. If I had to guess, I would think they'll be stingy with the tickets and put them in your daily log completion bonus chest, which means 1 ticket per day after you complete your log. That's my guess for how the'll ration tickets.

Scenario B.) Each try gets you a small number of shards. At which case, this would actually become a triple gated event. Gear gated, time gated, and shard gated.

Scenario C) Save up enough tickets to unlock access to the event. A one time entry fee. Not a good solution, but out of the 3 scenarios that I've thought of, this one is the least bad. Of course, if they go with this option, the buy-in price of tickets will be something ridiculous, like 100 tickets needed to unlock the event. And if my scenario A is true, that would be 100 days just to gain entry.

Anyway. This whole thing is terrible and CG you guys should feel bad for having such terrible ideas. You need to go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.
  • I miss @CG_Carrie and that is a very frightening thought....

I almost,,, Almost started spending to get Kylo... but nope, can’t do it. I’ll be staying FTP ever since she left and this has turned into a .... Show.... I just don’t even know which way is up and and way too many changes before something or even after something is released....

I can’t think of a moment that has come close to the Sion Reveal and subsequent Treya Event.... that was truest ground breaking and amazing!!!!