Was it a lie?

Prev1
So "Galactic Legends announcement system is to provide time to avoid panic farming." Then they announce Raddus that will most likely be required yet less than 24 hours to panic farm ships that make absolutely no sense to be part of the event. Sure we could of predicted the resistance ships and some of us did farm it, but Lando's ship? Ebon Hawk? So was the no panic farm a lie, or is it a loophole? No panic farm for the requirements, but the requirements of the requirements doesn't count?

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Your entire argument rests on Raddus being required

It’s not required yet... it might not even be required at all
  • Take you time and breathe, you will get GL toons when you will be ready. Nobody will have them before few months, so you have time ;) Althought you are right ^^
  • They lied about GLs not requiring every character to be relic’d.

They changed their statement which means they lied about their initial statement
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    They lied about GLs not requiring every character to be relic’d.

They changed their statement which means they lied about their initial statement
    Thats not lying
  • Ultra wrote: »

Thats not lying

It’s moving the goal posts they first set. Either way, it’s a bad move for the player base.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Thats not lying

I mean... lying maybe has a strong connotation, but that made a statement about the events. Then 2 weeks later they altered their statement, increasing the reqs. How is it not a lie? Though I'm sure they had some "subject to change" stuff hidden somewhere
  • Spharynx01 wrote: »
    Take you time and breathe, you will get GL toons when you will be ready. Nobody will have them before few months, so you have time ;) Althought you are right ^^

Except there will always be that one guy in squad arena top 1 with the new shinny characters getting those 500 crystals everyday
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Thats not lying

I mean... lying maybe has a strong connotation, but that made a statement about the events. Then 2 weeks later they altered their statement, increasing the reqs. How is it not a lie? Though I'm sure they had some "subject to change" stuff hidden somewhere

It's only a lie if the requirements were always going to be everyone at relic levels. If the original plan was to allow a few at G12, then it wasn't a lie when they said it. You can change your mind about something, that doesn't make what you said before a lie, it's just no longer true.
  • When you give your age, then have a birthday, your original age wasn't a lie, just because it's no longer accurate.

Similarly, incorrect statements due to ignorance wouldn't be a "lie" if you were unaware it was inaccurate. They can be wrong without being a lie.

Be aware that assigning intent where none existed is an inaccurate statement - that a similarly-minded person might consider to be a “lie.”
  • Pille
    125 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    At least they do not care about the Player, that is for sure. Does anybody remember the compensation we received for every little error? Server down for 1-2 hours...they said sorry here is 500 crystals and a stun gun....to that time we were the focus and they were fans of their Game...now it is „Körperverletzung“...shame on you CG
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Didnt they literally say, subject to change....
  • The question is if it was their intention to change their mind later on...then it was a lie and I think it is and they do not care
  • Kyno is a cg guy isn’t he?
  • Kyno wrote: »

Didnt they literally say, subject to change....

"Subject to change in our favor"

I know the "in our favor" is implied in all cases where you see this statement, I just wanted to make it clear :/
  • integrity is not a core value. their mission statement changes with whatever their current mood happens to be
  • I can tell you theres a guy in my shard that has all of both required so far at r7 already
  • Spharynx01 wrote: »
    Take you time and breathe, you will get GL toons when you will be ready. Nobody will have them before few months, so you have time ;) Althought you are right ^^

Except there will always be that one guy in squad arena top 1 with the new shinny characters getting those 500 crystals everyday

Good thing there is more than 1 payout slot to earn those 500 crystals in then?
  • All of the ships required were out for a very long time, unless you’re new shouldn’t be much of an excuse for not having them?
  • Well they did say that there will be no panic farming, but they did change the "not everyone would need relics" requirements.

I hoped that the ships aren't a part of the GL, on the basis that the GAS event have both toons and ships in two different requirements. In GL, it's just one "bar" of requirements therefore it may be just the toons.

But then, I wouldn't be surprised if this got changed or they used different rules for highlighting toons/ships requirements.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    DJT1 wrote: »
    All of the ships required were out for a very long time, unless you’re new shouldn’t be much of an excuse for not having them?

lol I am a launch player and don't have Lando's Falcon, Rey's Falcon, Han's Falcon, Ebon Hawk, Sith Fighter, B-28 Bomber, IG-2000, Kylo Shuttle, Emperor Shuttle ... but soon I will have Eta2, and what a day that will be!
    No need to point out I am a looser, I already know.
  • They never lie, they've made this game a billion dollar business. They always have 100 dollar a minute lawyers to review and edit to make sure there's always a loophole to what they say so you can't hold it against them.

Hence, "subject to change" is always on their clipboard to be pasted in to their statements.

(Brought to you by Carl's Jr)
  • dalosto147
    282 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    ayr0mgswfr2n.png
    Tipical
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    They never lie, they've made this game a billion dollar business. They always have 100 dollar a minute lawyers to review and edit to make sure there's always a loophole to what they say so you can't hold it against them.

Hence, "subject to change" is always on their clipboard to be pasted in to their statements.

This games a billion dollar business?

Hah nope.

• Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    They never lie, they've made this game a billion dollar business. They always have 100 dollar a minute lawyers to review and edit to make sure there's always a loophole to what they say so you can't hold it against them.

Hah nope.

Hah Yep

https://gaming-fans.com/2020/01/swgoh-galaxy-of-heroes-nears-1-billion-in-lifetime-revenue/
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Hah nope.

Hah Yep

https://gaming-fans.com/2020/01/swgoh-galaxy-of-heroes-nears-1-billion-in-lifetime-revenue/

920M ish ain’t 1B so my point still stands :p
This discussion has been closed.